DEC 2011 LSAT EXPERIMENTAL SECTION

inflightradio

Re: DEC 2011 LSAT EXPERIMENTAL SECTION

Postby inflightradio » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:58 am

cuzzo wrote:
rth887 wrote:
northerrn wrote:I had LR(25) LG LR(26)/ LR(26) RC. I'm thinkin the 2nd LR was experimental but I couldn't really tell from the questions.

3pumpkin wrote:
I got LR(25)-LG(23)-LR(25)/LR(26)-RC(27). First LR was much easier that third one for me.
I am not sure st.patrick carnation was on first or third.
I remember that there was some paleontologist question on #25 of 3rd LR.
Anybody who didn't get 3 LR sections remember this question? If they don't remember it, it must be experimental.

Alright, so it appears that two different 3 LR tests were administered.

Concur. I had LR(25) AR(23) LR(26) / LR(26) RC(27)...It would make sense to include 2 experimental LR sections (in this case, one LR(25) and one LR(26)). I got the impression that my 4th section (2nd LR(26)) was experimental. Many stems were different than any others I have seen and there was a much larger proportion of exceptionally long questions. It took me the entire 35, which is abnormal.

Thoughts?

I'm convinced my fourth was too! It just seemed... off compared to the other ones.

inflightradio

Postby inflightradio » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:00 am

UtilityMonster wrote:I had:

LR LG LR LR RC

Now...

did anyone who only had 2 LR have some questions about Albert Einstein's theory of matter and one about malpractice suits with doctors? If so, I am going to cry so hard.

UGH, I'm not sure if those sound familiar or not... Do you remember anything else about that section? They sound VAGUELY familiar but I'm not sure if I'm mixing things up. Jesus, why is LR always such a blur?!

UtilityMonster

Postby UtilityMonster » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:01 am

calidancer2 wrote:
UtilityMonster wrote:
calidancer2 wrote:

LR LG LR LR RC

Now...

did anyone who only had 2 LR have some questions about Albert Einstein's theory of matter and one about malpractice suits with doctors? If so, I am going to cry so hard.

i had 3 LRs as well and don't remember either of those. were you 25-26-26 or 25-25-26?

You have no idea how much of a relief that is to hear. I actually don't remember which of the above two I was - didn't count the questions. I do remember, however, having a question about green flowers and a question about wolf and dog breeds. Some say the former was a question from section 1 and the latter was from section 4? Does that mean that for both tests that had LR as the experimental, the 2nd was experimental?

I also remember both of those. Ugh, my memory blurs so awfully during LR sections. I can't recall any from my own mind, but when someone mentions a topic I'm always like, "oh yeah...!" I don't remember which topic was in which LR since I had 3 sections but....yeah.

Fortunately, this is the only thing that really blows about having an experimental LR section. All things considered, I am VERY happy I didn't have an experimental LG or CR section. LR doesn't tax me at all.

UtilityMonster

Postby UtilityMonster » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:04 am

inflightradio wrote:

LR LG LR LR RC

Now...

UGH, I'm not sure if those sound familiar or not... Do you remember anything else about that section? They sound VAGUELY familiar but I'm not sure if I'm mixing things up. Jesus, why is LR always such a blur?!

Well, even if you had that section, it would only mean we had the same LR test. It wouldn't provide us any indication of whether that was the experimental section or not. I really need someone who only had 2 LR sections to confirm or deny that they had those questions. And no, I can't remember any other questions from that section. The only reason I can remember both of those is because I thought at the time they had typos, which made me think the section was experimental (and made me relax to my detriment if it wasn't).

I do remember, however, that the first section had a TON of questions on the last two pages. Unlike most exams which have 4-5, it had like 7 I think. Like I think question #18 or 19 started off the last page, rather than 21 which is more usual.

inflightradio

Postby inflightradio » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:12 am

UtilityMonster wrote:
inflightradio wrote:

LR LG LR LR RC

Now...

Well, even if you had that section, it would only mean we had the same LR test. It wouldn't provide us any indication of whether that was the experimental section or not. I really need someone who only had 2 LR sections to confirm or deny that they had those questions. And no, I can't remember any other questions from that section. The only reason I can remember both of those is because I thought at the time they had typos, which made me think the section was experimental (and made me relax to my detriment if it wasn't).

I do remember, however, that the first section had a TON of questions on the last two pages. Unlike most exams which have 4-5, it had like 7 I think. Like I think question #18 or 19 started off the last page, rather than 21 which is more usual.

Wait yeah, you're right. We need someone who only had 2 LR to confirm. Um, the first LR I had was definitely flowers. The second and third are where I am completely lost. Wolves could have been either second or third for me, ugh. Do you remember any from your last two LR? Could anyone that had only 2 LR confirm what questions they had in their sections?

UtilityMonster

Postby UtilityMonster » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:51 am

Okay my first section had a question about diamonds being stolen and no finger prints because of gloves. Ring a bell any 2 section LR test takers?

Aion222

Postby Aion222 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:56 am

Mine was RC, LR, LG, RC, LR. I'm guessing my experimental was either RC or LR.

Did anyone goof up on the first question of the last Logical Reasoning? It had something to do with acid rain and forest growth. That one just had me stumped. I think I did well overall. The games section was very doable and the first game was the cake.

fashiongirl

Postby fashiongirl » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:09 pm

UtilityMonster wrote:Okay my first section had a question about diamonds being stolen and no finger prints because of gloves. Ring a bell any 2 section LR test takers?

Yes I remember this one! I had 2 LR sections.

fashiongirl

Postby fashiongirl » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:10 pm

Aion222 wrote:Mine was RC, LR, LG, RC, LR. I'm guessing my experimental was either RC or LR.

Did anyone goof up on the first question of the last Logical Reasoning? It had something to do with acid rain and forest growth. That one just had me stumped. I think I did well overall. The games section was very doable and the first game was the cake.

Your experimental was RC...not LR. There are 2 scored LRs.

inflightradio

Postby inflightradio » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:16 pm

Aion222 wrote:Mine was RC, LR, LG, RC, LR. I'm guessing my experimental was either RC or LR.

Definitely had that acid rain one... Too bad I can't recall which section! And your correct RC contained Latinas.

guinness1547

Postby guinness1547 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:28 pm

UtilityMonster wrote:Okay my first section had a question about diamonds being stolen and no finger prints because of gloves. Ring a bell any 2 section LR test takers?

I remember not liking that question. I had 3 LR though.

givemea170

Postby givemea170 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:28 pm

For those who had this order:

LR, LG, LR, LR, RC, I think it would be a constant that everyone's second LR section was experimental.

cuzzo

Postby cuzzo » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:32 pm

givemea170 wrote:

LR, LG, LR, LR, RC, I think it would be a constant that everyone's second LR section was experimental.

Why?

inflightradio

Postby inflightradio » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:36 pm

givemea170 wrote:

I would think that too, but discussion on these boards has led me to the conclusion that maybe they just switched the orders (possibly even questions) we had in our experimental... Or, a lot of us just really can't remember and the reality is that we have only one experimental. I just keep hearing 3 or 4, so I'm trying to get to the bottom of it haha.

lsacqueen

Postby lsacqueen » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:52 am

my order was LG LR LG RC LR, and I don't remember a question about Einstein, so whichever section that was on was probably experimental. I do remember diamonds/fingerprints and acid rain (not sure if those were separate sections). Sorry I can't be of more help. LR is a blur for me too, and only when other people bring up specific topics am I like "oh yeahhhh" haha

lawschool777

Postby lawschool777 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:50 pm

Hey so I've been following this thread, and I just want to clarify because I had LR-LG-RC-LR-RC

For other people who had that, the 1st RC section was the one about Latina authors, blackmail, etc. right? I've been trying to remember, but my mind keeps hitting a wall-and, if so, that was the real RC, right?

rdnicholson10

Postby rdnicholson10 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:03 pm

lawschool777 wrote:Hey so I've been following this thread, and I just want to clarify because I had LR-LG-RC-LR-RC

For other people who had that, the 1st RC section was the one about Latina authors, blackmail, etc. right? I've been trying to remember, but my mind keeps hitting a wall-and, if so, that was the real RC, right?

The second was latina authors/blackmail/soil depletion...it was the real one.

baaron008

Postby baaron008 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:25 am

I had lr lg rc lr rc and the second one contained the romans and latinas.

3v3ryth1ng

Postby 3v3ryth1ng » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:23 am

inflightradio wrote:
givemea170 wrote:

I would think that too, but discussion on these boards has led me to the conclusion that maybe they just switched the orders (possibly even questions) we had in our experimental... Or, a lot of us just really can't remember and the reality is that we have only one experimental. I just keep hearing 3 or 4, so I'm trying to get to the bottom of it haha.

What I learned last time: there are several versions of each test, different versions of each type of experimental section, and different orders for tests that feature the exact same sections. You can't tell which section is experimental based on the order. The only way you can do this is by comparing topics from various sections.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”