DEC 2011 LSAT EXPERIMENTAL SECTION

scaredshitless

Re: DEC 2011 LSAT EXPERIMENTAL SECTION

Postby scaredshitless » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:18 pm

I'm trying to recall one of the sections from hell (the rc) I remember the blackmail, the soil (fuck that) and the spanish ladies. What was the third. I remember one of them(the last one, i bombed) but don't remember which one was which.

lsacqueen

Postby lsacqueen » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:20 pm

scaredshitless wrote:I'm trying to recall one of the sections from hell (the rc) I remember the blackmail, the soil (fuck that) and the spanish ladies. What was the third. I remember one of them(the last one, i bombed) but don't remember which one was which.

The one you're missing is archivists/computers.

scaredshitless

Postby scaredshitless » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:22 pm

ya that oen wasn;t that awful. honestly tho the soil one was so miserable....I was so pissed cause I had two rc's. the other one was so easy...like, 26 out of 27 correct easy. God help me

ExcelBaller

Postby ExcelBaller » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:29 pm

i had lr lg lr lr rc. i think the 2nd lr section was the experimental

[the rest of this post removed by mods. careful, people.]
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=119285
Last edited by ExcelBaller on Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

melbert

Postby melbert » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:30 pm

wait..i had two lg's... the order was rc-lr-lg-lr-lg. Is it almost guaranteed that the 2nd lg was the real one?

I remember it being like much harder than most of the lg's i'd done before. questions about selling antiques and attending meetings. the first lg was sort of a blur...i can't even remember the questions from it.

tomoyoblossom53

Postby tomoyoblossom53 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:52 pm

calidancer2 wrote:
tomoyoblossom53 wrote:LR(25) (the second out of three LRs I got) ended with a question about making coffee with hot vs. cold water. Anyone else get this question/section?

did NOT and i had 3 lr's

ugh. guess that means my 2nd 25 question LR didn't count :/

lsacqueen

Postby lsacqueen » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:01 pm

melbert wrote:wait..i had two lg's... the order was rc-lr-lg-lr-lg. Is it almost guaranteed that the 2nd lg was the real one?

I remember it being like much harder than most of the lg's i'd done before. questions about selling antiques and attending meetings. the first lg was sort of a blur...i can't even remember the questions from it.

From previous posters, it seems your second LG section was real. I had 2 LG sections but in a different order, and I don't even recall questions about antiques. Could be I'm just blocking it out though XD

clockmmj

Postby clockmmj » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:35 pm

LG LR LG RC LR

I've always been awful at RC, but this one was the exception. I'm surprised to see so many thought the Latina Bibliographies/Blackmail/soil was difficult.

My issue is: can we confirm which LG was real one? The game I struggled with was in section 4 of my 2nd LG (the complex in/out game). Is this the real one?

inflightradio

Postby inflightradio » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:02 pm

wolf wrote:
bluthbanana wrote:LR1: saint patrick's day carnations

LR2: Dogs related wolves (I think that was in the second...)

exact same as mine

Assuming you had LR-LG-LR-LR-RC like I did:
This was section 1 and section 4 in the test, right? I literally cannot remember section 3 for the life of me....... I struggled through 4 after the break because a huge wave of drowsiness hit me, so I'm sad it doesn't seem like it was the experimental :(

Ohiobumpkin

Postby Ohiobumpkin » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:22 am

The LG LR LG RC LR formatted test had the experimental section as the first section. I am 100% positive on this. Btw, real LG was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Only huge problem was with game four. That kind of sucked, but wasn't terrible. Hope everyone did well! :)

ricky008

Postby ricky008 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:22 am

I had RC, LR, LG, RC (latinas, archivists, blackmail, soil), LR. I guess the first RC was the experimental one.

HellOnHeels

Postby HellOnHeels » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:28 am

ricky008 wrote:I had RC, LR, LG, RC (latinas, archivists, blackmail, soil), LR. I guess the first RC was the experimental one.

This is also what I had, and I think the consensus has been the first RC was experimental.

I am a little annoyed that the very first section was the experimental, and that it was an RC. If you're not drained by the break, you are by the last section. You don't to apply a fresh brain to a section that counts, if that makes sense.

SublimeStyle

Postby SublimeStyle » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:54 am

That RC was insane. Soil and blackmail i was like :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ohiobumpkin

Postby Ohiobumpkin » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:07 pm

The RC with soil and such (are we even allowed to be even that specific?) I thought was tougher than usual, but the only passage where I had real trouble was the archivist passage. There was something about the questions and the flow of the passage which made it difficult for me. The Latinas took the most time, but I think I did pretty well on it. The comparative and soil were easy I thought. What can I say, I'm good at reading art and science passages, even though I was a political science major.

fumagalli

Postby fumagalli » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:11 pm

ricky008 wrote:I had RC, LR, LG, RC (latinas, archivists, blackmail, soil), LR. I guess the first RC was the experimental one.

What were the subjects on LG? Can you name the variables? (That's okay right? I mean we could talk about names of people and countries right? Or are those names copyrighted too ?:D )

hotchkiss1

Postby hotchkiss1 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:09 pm

Ohiobumpkin wrote:The RC with soil and such (are we even allowed to be even that specific?) I thought was tougher than usual, but the only passage where I had real trouble was the archivist passage. There was something about the questions and the flow of the passage which made it difficult for me. The Latinas took the most time, but I think I did pretty well on it. The comparative and soil were easy I thought. What can I say, I'm good at reading art and science passages, even though I was a political science major.

Nay, the soil one is the easier one, and I assume that PS majors don't read agricultural textbooks, so please be humble aboud your reading skills. The Law passage was the hardist, especially the inference questions in it, which was many. the soil one is about the same level as the archivist, if not the easiest. People think its hard because its the last passage and usually people have 7-6 mins for it, and eight questions is quite a lot for 3 mins, since it should take you 3 mins to read the passage.

ali_vigh

Postby ali_vigh » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:12 pm

For those with LG LR LG RC LR:

Second one was the real one. The one with teachers and courses. And the last game about tv shows. That was the real one. Thank God.

Icetray

Postby Icetray » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:15 pm

Thank god! I completely bombed the first LG, I was still on the first section of questions when I the proctor announced "5 mins"

cuzzo

Postby cuzzo » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:40 pm

rth887 wrote:
northerrn wrote:I had LR(25) LG LR(26)/ LR(26) RC. I'm thinkin the 2nd LR was experimental but I couldn't really tell from the questions.

3pumpkin wrote:
I got LR(25)-LG(23)-LR(25)/LR(26)-RC(27). First LR was much easier that third one for me.
I am not sure st.patrick carnation was on first or third.
I remember that there was some paleontologist question on #25 of 3rd LR.
Anybody who didn't get 3 LR sections remember this question? If they don't remember it, it must be experimental.

Alright, so it appears that two different 3 LR tests were administered.

Concur. I had LR(25) AR(23) LR(26) / LR(26) RC(27)...It would make sense to include 2 experimental LR sections (in this case, one LR(25) and one LR(26)). I got the impression that my 4th section (2nd LR(26)) was experimental. Many stems were different than any others I have seen and there was a much larger proportion of exceptionally long questions. It took me the entire 35, which is abnormal.

Thoughts?

lsacqueen

Postby lsacqueen » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:24 pm

does anyone remember if the pine tree game was in the LG experimental or the real one?

Lsaat

Postby Lsaat » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:46 pm

Real LG section was meals, tv shows, woodwork/sewing and ???

UtilityMonster

Postby UtilityMonster » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:36 am

I had:

LR LG LR LR RC

Now...

did anyone who only had 2 LR have some questions about Albert Einstein's theory of matter and one about malpractice suits with doctors? If so, I am going to cry so hard.

calidancer2

Postby calidancer2 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:44 am

UtilityMonster wrote:I had:

LR LG LR LR RC

Now...

did anyone who only had 2 LR have some questions about Albert Einstein's theory of matter and one about malpractice suits with doctors? If so, I am going to cry so hard.

i had 3 LRs as well and don't remember either of those. were you 25-26-26 or 25-25-26?

UtilityMonster

Postby UtilityMonster » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:47 am

calidancer2 wrote:

LR LG LR LR RC

Now...

i had 3 LRs as well and don't remember either of those. were you 25-26-26 or 25-25-26?

You have no idea how much of a relief that is to hear. I actually don't remember which of the above two I was - didn't count the questions. I do remember, however, having a question about green flowers and a question about wolf and dog breeds. Some say the former was a question from section 1 and the latter was from section 4? Does that mean that for both tests that had LR as the experimental, the 2nd was experimental?

calidancer2

Postby calidancer2 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:54 am

UtilityMonster wrote:
calidancer2 wrote:

LR LG LR LR RC

Now...

You have no idea how much of a relief that is to hear. I actually don't remember which of the above two I was - didn't count the questions. I do remember, however, having a question about green flowers and a question about wolf and dog breeds. Some say the former was a question from section 1 and the latter was from section 4? Does that mean that for both tests that had LR as the experimental, the 2nd was experimental?

I also remember both of those. Ugh, my memory blurs so awfully during LR sections. I can't recall any from my own mind, but when someone mentions a topic I'm always like, "oh yeah...!" I don't remember which topic was in which LR since I had 3 sections but....yeah.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”