Tomorrow's Lsat: What Are You Having For Breakfast? Snack?

lelesmiles

Tomorrow's Lsat: What Are You Having For Breakfast? Snack?

Postby lelesmiles » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:43 pm

I think I'm eating an english muffin, eggs and bacon in the am.
A peanut butter protein bar and craisins for snack. IDK if I'll drink coffee or not.

So what are you guys eating for breakfast? What snack are you packing? Yes,random question, but I'm curious...and chubby. 8)

MachineLemon

Re: Tomorrow's Lsat: What Are You Having For Breakfast? Snack?

Postby MachineLemon » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:51 pm

Coffee makes me jittery, so I avoided it in October. A public speaking coach told me that you should never have caffeine within a few hours prior to giving a talk. I've put this into practice, and it has made a huge difference.

That being said, if you're going to get headache from caffeine withdrawal, I would drink the minimum to avoid it or drink your coffee very early.

HellOnHeels

Postby HellOnHeels » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:15 pm

in oct, i had a bowl of cocoa pebbles for breakfast, and a granola bar for a snack.

tomorrow, i am having either a bowl of grits or chex cereal. i still have to figure out what i'm having for a snack.

edit: i just realized i could have the bowl of grits for breakfast and dry chex cereal for a snack. problem solved 8)

RCinDNA

Postby RCinDNA » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:26 pm

lelesmiles wrote:I think I'm eating an english muffin, eggs and bacon in the am.
A peanut butter protein bar and craisins for snack. IDK if I'll drink coffee or not.

So what are you guys eating for breakfast? What snack are you packing? Yes,random question, but I'm curious...and chubby. 8)

I am almost having the same thing you are for snack - peanut butter protein bar and raisins. Breakfast will be eggs, salmon and brown rice (I'm preparing the rice tonight and will microwave it tomorrow) with green tea for energy. Also I'll do a light jog to get my brain awake.

pupshaw

Postby pupshaw » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:40 pm

stephinmd wrote:in oct, i had a bowl of cocoa pebbles for breakfast, and a granola bar for a snack.

tomorrow, i am having either a bowl of grits or chex cereal. i still have to figure out what i'm having for a snack.

edit: i just realized i could have the bowl of grits for breakfast and dry chex cereal for a snack. problem solved 8)

Eat some protein. You'll thank me later.

HellOnHeels

Postby HellOnHeels » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:54 pm

cerealdan wrote:
stephinmd wrote:in oct, i had a bowl of cocoa pebbles for breakfast, and a granola bar for a snack.

Eat some protein. You'll thank me later.

It's more of, that's what I normally eat, and I don't want to break from routine. Stoopid stomach :evil:

CorkBoard

Postby CorkBoard » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:46 pm

Gonna have some raisin bran crunch, and I'm bringing a protein bar for the snack.

Ofta3184

Postby Ofta3184 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:58 pm

good luck on the LSAT guys!

aeiouy

Postby aeiouy » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:03 pm

Two slices of toasted cinnamon raisin bread for breakfast with orange juice and a Kind bar (dark chocolate cherry cashew) for a snack.

That's exactly what I ate today for my practice test and it worked well for me.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:10 pm

What I did in October:

Workout, breakfast of greek yogurt with fruit and granola

Break snack of a laughing cow cheese wedge and ak-mak crackers, with a HUGE orange that I didn't eat but instead just smelled (as weird as that is...it was a very calming smell, I swear! :lol: )

penguinbrah

Postby penguinbrah » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:12 pm

unfortunately I have a hard time eating in the mornings... especially when i have a big exam. therefore I'm going to drink a shake of cytogainer with 16 oz milk.. approx 600 calories total...and also will have a couple spoons of lean beef amino acids form trueprotein.. packing a couple chewy granola bars and two bananas for the break along with some focus xt and water

penguinbrah

Postby penguinbrah » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:13 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:What I did in October:

Break snack of a laughing cow cheese wedge and ak-mak crackers, with a HUGE orange that I didn't eat but instead just smelled (as weird as that is...it was a very calming smell, I swear! :lol: )

you worked out before your LSAT?! what did you do? I can never study/process anything after I workout... I feel like there's no blood in my brain.... and how in the world did you find time.. I'm having to wake up at 5AM just so I can be at the center by 8:30.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:17 pm

penguinbrah wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:What I did in October:

you worked out before your LSAT?! what did you do? I can never study/process anything after I workout... I feel like there's no blood in my brain.... and how in the world did you find time.. I'm having to wake up at 5AM just so I can be at the center by 8:30.

I woke up at 6:30, worked out for 30 minutes, showered and got ready in ~15-20, ate breakfast and chilled. I left at about 7:45 so I could get there at 8:30. I had a ride, so I wasn't worried about parking at all.

Also, I worked out because I found that it helped me a lot when I did it before PTs. The only 180 I ever got on a PT was the week before the test--I worked out at about 1:30 AM and fell asleep at 2:30, woke up and did a (proctored) test at 9 the next day and 180'd it. I'm superstitious enough that I repeated it the next week for the real test (and IMO it paid off). For me, working out makes me a lot more relaxed and confident, and the endorphins are awesome in helping with test day jitters. I was retaking in October because my nerves screwed me over in June, so it was exactly what I needed (: Your methods may vary.

justonemoregame

Postby justonemoregame » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:19 pm

If you want a 180, Mountain Dew for breakfast, and bully someone's snack bar at the testing center during break. Chomp off the top and chunk the rest over your shoulder, regardless of what is behind you -- wall, trash can, water fountain. Seriously though, good luck to you guys. Adrenaline and confidence are your best friends.

chesterfan1230

Postby chesterfan1230 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:46 pm

PB & J, Outmeal, and a Protein Shake for Breakfast.

Snack: Strawbery Granola Bar (maybe 2) and a Banana.

HellOnHeels

Postby HellOnHeels » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:51 pm

penguinbrah wrote: I'm having to wake up at 5AM just so I can be at the center by 8:30.

:shock:

ExcelBaller

Postby ExcelBaller » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:33 pm

eggs bananas uncarbonated redbull. Haven't eaten healthy all year why start now?

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:36 pm

I had two egg mcmuffins (reassembled the mcmuffins into one "doublestacker"). two eggs + deliciousness + cheap + fast + easy.

danitt

Postby danitt » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:43 pm

A bowl of yoghurt and granola. And a granola bar for a snack.

penguinbrah

Postby penguinbrah » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:02 pm

alright guys. just had my kava stress relief tea. time to hit the sack... good luck to everyone!

MellowMantis

Postby MellowMantis » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:12 pm

Greek yogurt, banana, eggs, rye toast, OJ, vitamins and fish oil. Good luck all!

lelesmiles

Postby lelesmiles » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:47 pm

Good luck you all..
I'm on central time so I have about an hour until bedtime. :)

revahp00

Postby revahp00 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:16 am

4 water bottles and a line of granulated adderal. 30mg

Biggest fear is having to drop the cosby kids off at the pool during the exam

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:45 am

revahp00 wrote:4 water bottles and a line of granulated adderal. 30mg

Biggest fear is having to drop the cosby kids off at the pool during the exam

So I guess we'll hear back from you later about having to retake the test next year...

3v3ryth1ng

Postby 3v3ryth1ng » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:28 am

I'm having NOTHING, except maybe some water in the morning, or maybe some protein. I don't like digesting food while I test. However, I did eat like 3000 calories today. Hope it works :P

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”