Experimental section in October - 1st time it was Section 4

SanDiegoJake

Experimental section in October - 1st time it was Section 4

Postby SanDiegoJake » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:33 pm

Just an fyi to all of you taking the test this weekend. Be aware that in October the experimental section for some tests was Section 4, the first time I've ever seen the experimental section after the break (after Section 3). So if you've learned or read that the experimental section is always 1/2/3, it was...until it wasn't in Oct. 2011.

zworykin

Re: Experimental section in October - 1st time it was Section 4

Postby zworykin » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:14 pm

Valid information.

But...

Even when you knew it was 1/2/3, it didn't matter. You still had to give full effort on every section because you weren't going to be able to determine until after the test which section was experimental. Nothing's changed. Before, you gave full effort on 4/5 because you knew they were real--are you going to put less effort into them now that one may not count? :lol:

revahp00

Postby revahp00 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:22 pm

didnt everyone get a different experimental- there were RC LR and LG experimentals whats to say that they were all in section 4? your point still stands though

zworykin

Postby zworykin » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:29 pm

revahp00 wrote:didnt everyone get a different experimental- there were RC LR and LG experimentals whats to say that they were all in section 4? your point still stands though

Different types, different sections--yes. That's how it's worked for several years now. The type and section number varies from test booklet to test booklet. The new wrinkle was just the possibility of it popping up after the break.

iamrobk

Postby iamrobk » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:31 pm

zworykin wrote:Valid information.

But...

Even when you knew it was 1/2/3, it didn't matter. You still had to give full effort on every section because you weren't going to be able to determine until after the test which section was experimental. Nothing's changed. Before, you gave full effort on 4/5 because you knew they were real--are you going to put less effort into them now that one may not count? :lol:

Not gonna lie, going into the LSAT I had no idea the experimental could only be one of the first 3 sections, so when i got to section 4 it just felt so different that I kind of new it was the experimental, and I didn't really take it 100% seriously at first.

revahp00

Postby revahp00 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:44 pm

iamrobk wrote:

But...

Not gonna lie, going into the LSAT I had no idea the experimental could only be one of the first 3 sections, so when i got to section 4 it just felt so different that I kind of new it was the experimental, and I didn't really take it 100% seriously at first.

yea you can generally tell which section is the experimental anyhow, regardless of where they put it. The questions are usually really different and actually pretty awkward

iamrobk

Postby iamrobk » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:15 pm

revahp00 wrote:
iamrobk wrote:

But...

yea you can generally tell which section is the experimental anyhow, regardless of where they put it. The questions are usually really different and actually pretty awkward

Yeah. A bad idea for me to ever approach it at less than 100% effort though.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”