Experimental section in October - 1st time it was Section 4

SanDiegoJake
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:17 pm

Experimental section in October - 1st time it was Section 4

Postby SanDiegoJake » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:33 pm

Just an fyi to all of you taking the test this weekend. Be aware that in October the experimental section for some tests was Section 4, the first time I've ever seen the experimental section after the break (after Section 3). So if you've learned or read that the experimental section is always 1/2/3, it was...until it wasn't in Oct. 2011.

User avatar
zworykin
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 4:18 am

Re: Experimental section in October - 1st time it was Section 4

Postby zworykin » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:14 pm

Valid information.

But...

Even when you knew it was 1/2/3, it didn't matter. You still had to give full effort on every section because you weren't going to be able to determine until after the test which section was experimental. Nothing's changed. Before, you gave full effort on 4/5 because you knew they were real--are you going to put less effort into them now that one may not count? :lol:

revahp00
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:14 pm

Re: Experimental section in October - 1st time it was Section 4

Postby revahp00 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:22 pm

didnt everyone get a different experimental- there were RC LR and LG experimentals whats to say that they were all in section 4? your point still stands though

User avatar
zworykin
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 4:18 am

Re: Experimental section in October - 1st time it was Section 4

Postby zworykin » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:29 pm

revahp00 wrote:didnt everyone get a different experimental- there were RC LR and LG experimentals whats to say that they were all in section 4? your point still stands though


Different types, different sections--yes. That's how it's worked for several years now. The type and section number varies from test booklet to test booklet. The new wrinkle was just the possibility of it popping up after the break.

iamrobk
Posts: 485
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: Experimental section in October - 1st time it was Section 4

Postby iamrobk » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:31 pm

zworykin wrote:Valid information.

But...

Even when you knew it was 1/2/3, it didn't matter. You still had to give full effort on every section because you weren't going to be able to determine until after the test which section was experimental. Nothing's changed. Before, you gave full effort on 4/5 because you knew they were real--are you going to put less effort into them now that one may not count? :lol:

Not gonna lie, going into the LSAT I had no idea the experimental could only be one of the first 3 sections, so when i got to section 4 it just felt so different that I kind of new it was the experimental, and I didn't really take it 100% seriously at first.

revahp00
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:14 pm

Re: Experimental section in October - 1st time it was Section 4

Postby revahp00 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:44 pm

iamrobk wrote:
zworykin wrote:Valid information.

But...

Even when you knew it was 1/2/3, it didn't matter. You still had to give full effort on every section because you weren't going to be able to determine until after the test which section was experimental. Nothing's changed. Before, you gave full effort on 4/5 because you knew they were real--are you going to put less effort into them now that one may not count? :lol:

Not gonna lie, going into the LSAT I had no idea the experimental could only be one of the first 3 sections, so when i got to section 4 it just felt so different that I kind of new it was the experimental, and I didn't really take it 100% seriously at first.



yea you can generally tell which section is the experimental anyhow, regardless of where they put it. The questions are usually really different and actually pretty awkward

iamrobk
Posts: 485
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: Experimental section in October - 1st time it was Section 4

Postby iamrobk » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:15 pm

revahp00 wrote:
iamrobk wrote:
zworykin wrote:Valid information.

But...

Even when you knew it was 1/2/3, it didn't matter. You still had to give full effort on every section because you weren't going to be able to determine until after the test which section was experimental. Nothing's changed. Before, you gave full effort on 4/5 because you knew they were real--are you going to put less effort into them now that one may not count? :lol:

Not gonna lie, going into the LSAT I had no idea the experimental could only be one of the first 3 sections, so when i got to section 4 it just felt so different that I kind of new it was the experimental, and I didn't really take it 100% seriously at first.



yea you can generally tell which section is the experimental anyhow, regardless of where they put it. The questions are usually really different and actually pretty awkward

Yeah. A bad idea for me to ever approach it at less than 100% effort though.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 4 guests