alright heres the deal

DoctorLaw

alright heres the deal

Postby DoctorLaw » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:08 am

I am pt in the low 150s.. and the lsat is 2 days away.. my GPA is 3.39 and I want to go to atleast a tier 3 law school with some what $

RC is killing me and I havent seen any improvement in RC ever since i started my prep.

and my LR are fluctuate.. which I have no idea why.. so what should I do, please give me helpful insight as to I am scared I dont want to take the lsat and do a slight lower then my pt and then not get into the law schools I apply to..

should i sit out and apply next cycle and use the 'widraw' option...??

and the only think thats holding me back is that most of my friends are already in med/law schools and im still trying to get over this TEST...

any insight will help me formulate my decision..

thanks

xChiTowNx

Re: alright heres the deal

Postby xChiTowNx » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:13 am

DoctorLaw wrote:
and the only think thats holding me back is that most of my friends are already in med/law schools and im still trying to get over this TEST...

thanks

my advice is you got to do you - don't let what others are doing affect your decision to go to law school. if you don't feel ready and achieving to your potential, then it might be advisable to really prepare and give it your best shot.

+1 to your avatar - "LSAT rules everything around me L-S-A-T , get that 180, big law y'all"

DoctorLaw

Postby DoctorLaw » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:25 am

xChiTowNx wrote:
DoctorLaw wrote:

thanks

my advice is you got to do you - don't let what others are doing affect your decision to go to law school. if you don't feel ready and achieving to your potential, then it might be advisable to really prepare and give it your best shot.

+1 to your avatar - "LSAT rules everything around me L-S-A-T , get that 180, big law y'all"

thanks for those wise words.. ^ haha

3v3ryth1ng

Postby 3v3ryth1ng » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:56 am

DoctorLaw wrote:I am pt in the low 150s.. and the lsat is 2 days away.. my GPA is 3.39 and I want to go to atleast a tier 3 law school with some what $

RC is killing me and I havent seen any improvement in RC ever since i started my prep.

and my LR are fluctuate.. which I have no idea why.. so what should I do, please give me helpful insight as to I am scared I dont want to take the lsat and do a slight lower then my pt and then not get into the law schools I apply to..

should i sit out and apply next cycle and use the 'widraw' option...??

any insight will help me formulate my decision..

thanks

Don't go to a tier 3 law school. Study until you get a 170, then go to a good law school and be thankful you have more options than you would have had you gone to a crappy school.

Hey wait... didn't you already start a thread like this?

GirlStop

Postby GirlStop » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:21 pm

I hope you don't sit for the test, you seem to have very little confidence about how well you will do. And typically, people perform a little lower than their PT's so that may not turn out so well for you.

Screw what your friends have going on, focus on yourself and work towards improvement and taking the test when you are confident and ready-- or you may find yourself whining years down the road about how your friends are being paid wonderful salaries, living in huge homes etc.. while you struggle to find a job, no thanks to the shitty law school you went to.

Not trying to be rude..just giving advice.

Peg

Postby Peg » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:43 pm

3v3ryth1ng wrote:Don't go to a tier 3 law school.

TCR.

pupshaw

Postby pupshaw » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:40 pm

I agree with the above posters that you definitely ought to wait a year. And more specifically, if RC is what's holding you back, then you should spend the next year developing a habit of reading. I don't mean doing practice RC sections, I mean just reading a book. There is really no substitute for habitual reading when it comes to doing well on RC, and the sooner you start the better. Set aside an hour or two a day and just read something that's interesting to you. The more you do this the more naturally it will come.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”