165 to 170 in 2 months?

cidergirl

165 to 170 in 2 months?

Postby cidergirl » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:20 am

i worked pretty hard for my 165, but want to shoot for the moon on the feb lsat test. on my 165 lsat i missed 4 LR questions total, 8 game questions, and the remaining missed questions (i forget how many, maybe 6 or 7) were from reading comp.

any suggestions on how to perfect the supposedly perfectable logic game section? i already have powerscore books and have inherited testmasters books from a friend, but somehow the logic game techniques have not become rote and the game section is hit or miss for me. i am thinking of signing up for testmasters, but i would rather prep on my own if possible. all advice and strategies GREATLY appreciated!

airbear1012

Re: 165 to 170 in 2 months?

Postby airbear1012 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:40 am

If you are struggling with time issues, my best suggestion would just be more practice. I was getting half wrong on the LG because I was running out of time. I just took timed sections everyday and eventually succeeded in only missing 2-3 per section.

If you are struggling with strategic issues, my best suggestion would be to learn the games by type. You will naturally be better at same games then others and you will know where to focus most of your energy. ALSO: it is not a bad thing to develop your own techniques and abbreviations. Some of the things the books suggested were so backward to me that I just kept my own ways of doing things.

As for RC, I think that you can totally get that down as well. Practice reading articles and marking the key information. The nice thing about RC is that normally the questions are extremely predictable so you can get a feel for what to look for. If you are doing so well with LR, I see no reason why you can't do just as well with RC.

Hope that helps!

cidergirl

Re: 165 to 170 in 2 months?

Postby cidergirl » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:46 am

Thanks! How much time should I set aside for practicing (roughly) to get the score increase I want? I'm sure it varies depending on a person's strengths and weaknesses, but any general estimates?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”