pt 40 S4 #16

swtlilsoni

pt 40 S4 #16

Postby swtlilsoni » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:06 pm

the passage says nothing about researches trying to find other explanations to add to the neutrino one. If it said that they are currently trying to find more dark matter, then E works.
I thought it was C because the passage specifically says that although they did not find a FULL answer, they found 20% and they are happy with that since it is better than nothing.
The answer talks about how the child wanted a dog, but he couldn't fully get what he wanted, he got a cat instead, but he in the end was happy with what he got.

Re: pt 40 S4 #16

Postby 20130312 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:11 pm

Not sure if asking a question...

swtlilsoni

Postby swtlilsoni » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:20 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:Not sure if asking a question...

well that was basically my thinking when I did the problem so I guess what I'm asking is ... whats wrong with my thinking?

Gisney

Postby Gisney » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:16 pm

While it doesn't say specifically that scientists are going to look for other potential dark matter, it does say that neutrinos are only a partial explanation that has created a new way of thinking about the universe and implies that new possibilities are open and will be explored.

The answer is D because the child wants to see a movie (scientists want to explain gravitational force and dark matter), the child gets some money from one sibling (the scientists prove neutrinos could potentially explain for 20 percent of the missing mass) and then the child sees how this worked partially so try it again with different siblings and maybe get all the money needed for a movie (scientists are encouraged by discovering neutrinos have mass and therefore will go on to discover what is the missing mass).

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”