Princeton Cram Tutoring? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
thomasjmai22

New

Princeton Cram Tutoring?

Post by thomasjmai22 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:45 pm

Would the 3 hour Princeton Review Cram Session be pointless to spend $400.00 for my test this Saturday? I have hit a brick wall and I need any help I can get or I will just choose to cancel my score and take the Feb. test.

Mr. Pancakes

Silver

Re: Princeton Cram Tutoring?

Post by Mr. Pancakes » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:30 pm

thomasjmai22 wrote:Would the 3 hour Princeton Review Cram Session be pointless to spend $400.00 for my test this Saturday? I have hit a brick wall and I need any help I can get or I will just choose to cancel my score and take the Feb. test.
I have thought about this too. I'm not sure about.

thomasjmai22

New

Post by thomasjmai22 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:40 pm

Mr. Pancakes, are you taking the Dec. one as well? If I take the cram session then I'll post my experience. Very hesitant to drop $400, but I figure at the very least it will clarify things for the next test.

Mr. Pancakes

Silver

Post by Mr. Pancakes » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:29 pm

thomasjmai22 wrote:Mr. Pancakes, are you taking the Dec. one as well? If I take the cram session then I'll post my experience. Very hesitant to drop $400, but I figure at the very least it will clarify things for the next test.

Mr. Pankcakes will be taking the Dec LSAT. I don't think I can afford to drop 400$ on a maybe like this cram sesh. 151 once, I took the weekend course with Testmasters a couple weeks ago. I felt like it was a little bit of a refresher. I have only been scoring in the mid 150's on my PT's, which doesn't make me feel too confident. I am only shooting to sneak in at a lower t1 or try to pull a scholly at a t3-4. I already have a job lined up after I get done. I just need to get in to a decent place while acquiring the least amount of debt. Quite honestly I would be perfectly happy with a 155 or better. Washburn isn't a t1 but it's my first choice. Good school, low cost and I qualify for in-state.

NYCLSATTutor

Bronze

Post by NYCLSATTutor » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:08 pm

If I were you I wouldn't take a "cram" session for 3 hours. Last minute prep for the LSAT is rarely effective. If you were to do last minute prep it would be better with someone 1 on 1 so they could try to diagnose your problems as opposed to going through an entire overview of the test.

That being said...if you aren't near your score 1 week out, although 1 on 1 tutoring is likely your best bet, even that is unlikely to help you. I would put off the test until February.

Best of luck to you both!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

thomasjmai22

New

Post by thomasjmai22 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:52 pm

Mr. Pancakes wrote:
thomasjmai22 wrote:Mr. Pancakes, are you taking the Dec. one as well? If I take the cram session then I'll post my experience. Very hesitant to drop $400, but I figure at the very least it will clarify things for the next test.

Mr. Pankcakes will be taking the Dec LSAT. I don't think I can afford to drop 400$ on a maybe like this cram sesh. 151 once, I took the weekend course with Testmasters a couple weeks ago. I felt like it was a little bit of a refresher. I have only been scoring in the mid 150's on my PT's, which doesn't make me feel too confident. I am only shooting to sneak in at a lower t1 or try to pull a scholly at a t3-4. I already have a job lined up after I get done. I just need to get in to a decent place while acquiring the least amount of debt. Quite honestly I would be perfectly happy with a 155 or better. Washburn isn't a t1 but it's my first choice. Good school, low cost and I qualify for in-state.
I don't have the $400 either, but thank goodness for credit cards I suppose. I consider that a small investment if it opens my eyes to a different approach which could possibly lead to a much greater score in the end. I was told that anything in the t3-4 schools won't make much difference so less debt from scholarships is the way to go. Good luck on Saturday!

thomasjmai22

New

Post by thomasjmai22 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:55 pm

NYCLSATTutor wrote:If I were you I wouldn't take a "cram" session for 3 hours. Last minute prep for the LSAT is rarely effective. If you were to do last minute prep it would be better with someone 1 on 1 so they could try to diagnose your problems as opposed to going through an entire overview of the test.

That being said...if you aren't near your score 1 week out, although 1 on 1 tutoring is likely your best bet, even that is unlikely to help you. I would put off the test until February.

Best of luck to you both!
I guess I should have clarified that it is a 1 on 1 cram session with a tutor for 3 hours. Regardless, I am taking your advice on taking it later in Feb. Thanks!

dba415

New

Post by dba415 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:22 pm

doubt it, LSAT is not something you "cram" for really, I would personally save my money and take an actual full length class with that money for the February exam.

thomasjmai22

New

Post by thomasjmai22 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:44 pm

dba415 wrote:doubt it, LSAT is not something you "cram" for really, I would personally save my money and take an actual full length class with that money for the February exam.
Well I wouldn't actually be cramming. I studied for two months. Its just called the Princeton Review Cram session because it's an intense 3 hours to give a thorough review before you take the test. I actually am going to take some kind of class, but I can't afford half of them.

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:39 pm

Waste of money. You got this.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”