Feb LSAT

bluedvl

Feb LSAT

Postby bluedvl » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:21 pm

So I know the lsats are curved so that they are supposed to be equal difficulty. But aren't they curved based on the people that took that lsat? Thus, if all the people who take a certain lsat happen to be super geniuses and then all the people who take another one are 4th graders, even the questions are equal difficulty they will be curved different because of the test takers.

Using that reasoning the lsat with the smartest/most well prepared, should be the most difficult. If that is true, is it reasonable to think the Feb Lsat will be the most difficult? I say this because the only people who take the feb lsat are probably people who are prepared, organized, and probably early planners, as it is after the deadline for applying. I think it is safe to assume that these people would be more likely to have prepared better than most people on other dates.

Do these premises make sense? If not tell me where I made a mistake, or if you agree that the Feb curve should be more difficult than if the same test were given in december.

Re: Feb LSAT

Postby 20130312 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:24 pm

See: http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2010/04/easiest-lsat-curve-hardest-june.html

Honestly, it won't make a huge difference, but still interesting stuff.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:25 pm

The curve is mostly predetermined by the previous test takers who had the sections as experimentals

gaud

Postby gaud » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:26 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:See: http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2010/04/easiest-lsat-curve-hardest-june.html

Honestly, it won't make a huge difference, but still interesting stuff.

^ That is good.

Just keep in mind that the curve is pre-determined before the test. So it is possible (although very very unlikely) that everyone scores above 170 on an administered test. What I'm trying to say is it does not matter who is taking the test with you.

EDIT: Damn you JMJ, beat me to it.

bmore

Postby bmore » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:28 pm

Also your assumtion is incorrect. First time test taker in february. Took with many first time test takers. Prepped over winter break. ONE AND DONE.

bluedvl

Postby bluedvl » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:31 pm

Oh I did not realize the curve was predetermined, that changes everything, thanks.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:02 pm

bluedvl wrote:Oh I did not realize the curve was predetermined, that changes everything, thanks.

yeah, take the test when you're ready. The only considerations should be that, the release date relative to your application cycle of choice, and the fact that you can get up later if you take June

disconnected

Postby disconnected » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:09 pm

bluedvl wrote: February ... as it is after the deadline for applying.

My top choice for Law Schools accepts February LSAT test scores. Therefore, it is NOT after the deadline for applying.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”