Am I the Only one with DUH!!! Moments

jared6180

Am I the Only one with DUH!!! Moments

Postby jared6180 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:07 am

I just started studying for the LSAT tonight and I am following a study guide from the LSAT blog. Anyhow I do the two games in chapter six of the Powerscore book and get 3 questions wrong in each game. Then I go over them and I feel so stupid because the answer is right there in front of me in my diagram.

Am I alone in feeling dumb at first and missing obvious questions?

I picked up the diagraming in this first section Sequencing games pretty quick and feel like I would earn an A- in a diagraming test, I guess I am just not reading it correctly and probably assuming A LOT about the placement of characters without actually rereading the rules for clarification.

revahp00

Re: Am I the Only one with DUH!!! Moments

Postby revahp00 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:15 am

you're not alone hindsight is always 20/20. Practice makes perfect- (makes the DUH moments go away...well... not completely)

omninode

Postby omninode » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:22 am

The ability to recognize your own mistakes and learn from them will be a great asset to you. It is rarer than you think.

john1990

Postby john1990 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:26 am

i had like 4 of those on my actual LSAT :roll:

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:44 am

jared6180 wrote:I just started studying for the LSAT tonight and I am following a study guide from the LSAT blog. Anyhow I do the two games in chapter six of the Powerscore book and get 3 questions wrong in each game. Then I go over them and I feel so stupid because the answer is right there in front of me in my diagram.

Am I alone in feeling dumb at first and missing obvious questions?

I picked up the diagraming in this first section Sequencing games pretty quick and feel like I would earn an A- in a diagraming test, I guess I am just not reading it correctly and probably assuming A LOT about the placement of characters without actually rereading the rules for clarification.

No, you are not alone with the LSAT making you feel dumb at times. It does that to everyone.

When are you planning to take the test?

jared6180

Postby jared6180 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:51 am

Jeffort wrote:When are you planning to take the test?

June or October 2012. I want to study get get it over with, however to do my best I think October is the best choice. I really want to get into WUSTL it will be a reach, my far reach is Cornell. Obviously I need a 168+ to get in at either school.

The DUH! moments feel better in that I at least understand the material, but dumb for not remembering it when I need to.

senorhosh

Postby senorhosh » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:39 pm

I was able to eliminate most of these moments during my PTs leading up to the test by checking/double checking. However, you have to find a balance between checking + being able to finish the section.
However, on the actual test, I had about 5-6 of mistakes. I finished each section 10-15 minutes earlier than normal so.. I think that might contribute to it.
Just be careful and check IF you have time.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”