I noticed something about reading, and RC

swtlilsoni

I noticed something about reading, and RC

Postby swtlilsoni » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:06 pm

Reading ANYTHING helps more than you think.
At the beginning of the month, I was reading a book. It wasn't an easy read. It was a fairly dense piece of fiction and I did have to concentrate when I was reading it.
When I was doing RC, I just read the passage and absorbed everything. I had zero problems focusing and I was just absorbing everything I read.
After I finished the book, I just started watching TV in my spare time and stopped reading. After about two weeks of just TV, no reading, I took some more RC sections and was having trouble focusing. I would read a paragraph, say "what did I just read" and have to go back and read it again. I wasn't really absorbing the material. (One thing to note is that earlier I was working on OLD RC, and after the two week period I started the NEW ones, but I don't think it had anything to do with that because the main problem was simply inability to focus, and I noticed a difference in my focusing on LR as well).
I realized that no matter what it is (it doesn't have to be the Economist) reading something GREATLY increases one's ability to focus and absorb material. I am going to stop TV and read a bit every night before the test.

penguinbrah

Re: I noticed something about reading, and RC

Postby penguinbrah » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:57 am

i agree.. its all about keeping focused... there's times when i wake up early in the morning and start doing LR questions and i'll have no idea what i just read... i'll have to read it over and over again... it sucks

rinkrat19

Re: I noticed something about reading, and RC

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:00 am

There is really no substitute for having been a voracious reader your entire life when trying to prepare for RC, and that's why it's the hardest section to improve on.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”