Best way to prepare for the last week

User avatar
Mr. Pancakes
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Best way to prepare for the last week

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:17 pm

What is the best way to prepare the last week before the test? Is there a point in the week where you stop studying all together and just relax? How many practice test should you take the last week? Does anyone have any past final week schedules that worked well for them? How much hair is common for one to lose with a week to go? :lol:

User avatar
Scotusnerd
Posts: 813
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:36 pm

Re: Best way to prepare for the last week

Postby Scotusnerd » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:35 pm

I am NOT relaxing the week before. I tried that last time and got a 151 shit score. I was so pissed.

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: Best way to prepare for the last week

Postby 20130312 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:37 pm

I took one PT exactly a week before the test, did nothing the whole week, and did better on the actual LSAT than I did on that PT. Relaxing can be beneficial.

User avatar
yankees42789
Posts: 197
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:51 pm

Re: Best way to prepare for the last week

Postby yankees42789 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:39 pm

I took PTs on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday, did some light review and drilling on Monday and Wednesday and completely took Friday off. There's nothing you can learn on the day before the test that's going to help you. I did do a few practice questions the morning of the test just to get my mind into LSAT mode, but I don't know how necessary that was as there was pretty much a two hour gap between when I did my practice q's and when the test actually started.

I think that's a pretty standard approach to the final week, but if there are still any areas of the test that you feel weaker on, I would emphasize those even at the cost of taking fewer PTs.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Best way to prepare for the last week

Postby gaud » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:45 pm

It really just depends on your personal preference. If you feel like you would do better if you studied this week (I took a PT two days before the test), then go for it. If not, then take some time off.

All that matters is you being ready to take your test. You know yourself best.

User avatar
Mr. Pancakes
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: Best way to prepare for the last week

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:45 pm

151, last time. through self study. I took a weekend course through testmasters and I have scored 154,154,154,154, 154 on my last practices test the past week. I don't even know how my score stays exactly the same each time. I'm not sure how to prep for this last week. I've hit a plateau and I'm kind of freaking out. I've pretty much resigned myself to the idea that I should take some type of course for february. The logic games murdered my face. Maybe I hit my peak for scoring on self study alone. ....

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Best way to prepare for the last week

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:46 pm

I PTd on Saturday and Sunday, then did some extremely light stuff through the week

User avatar
ThreeRivers
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 am

Re: Best way to prepare for the last week

Postby ThreeRivers » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:47 pm

yankees42789 wrote:I took PTs on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday, did some light review and drilling on Monday and Wednesday and completely took Friday off. There's nothing you can learn on the day before the test that's going to help you. I did do a few practice questions the morning of the test just to get my mind into LSAT mode, but I don't know how necessary that was as there was pretty much a two hour gap between when I did my practice q's and when the test actually started.

I think that's a pretty standard approach to the final week, but if there are still any areas of the test that you feel weaker on, I would emphasize those even at the cost of taking fewer PTs.

I forget my exact approach, but I think it was something very similar to this (minus the warm-up questions on test day). I'm not sure if I did 3 or 4 PT's that week, I'm thinking it was 3 but regardless I finished at like 4 PM on Thursday and haven't opened any LSAT book since that moment.

Basically I studied pretty normal up until Thursday then I stopped

I scored about 4 points higher than what I was PTing at, so it worked for me

dba415
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:50 pm

Re: Best way to prepare for the last week

Postby dba415 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:04 pm

I plan on taking 4 more PTs from now until the test. With the October 11 test being the last one. I will either do nothing on Friday or spend an hour or two that day reviewing my mistakes on the Oct. 11 test.

When I'm not pting, I'll be drilling and reviewing the LRB.

User avatar
Mr. Pancakes
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: Best way to prepare for the last week

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:11 pm

dba415 wrote:I plan on taking 4 more PTs from now until the test. With the October 11 test being the last one. I will either do nothing on Friday or spend an hour or two that day reviewing my mistakes on the Oct. 11 test.

When I'm not pting, I'll be drilling and reviewing the LRB.


How do I get my greasy little sausage fingers on a copy of the latest LSAT released?

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1835
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: Best way to prepare for the last week

Postby emkay625 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:21 pm

My schedule the last week:

Sunday - PT and review
Monday - RC drilling
Tuesday - PT and review
Wednesday - LG drilling
Thursday - took the day off of work, mock PT in my actual test room. (if this isn't possible, take it in a library or similar location).
Friday - took the day off of work, did some logic games that were fun for me (aka a bunch of sequencing games). got a massage. watched a bunch of silly movies.
Saturday morning - did 2 logic games and 1 RC passage when I woke up.

Granted, I slightly underperformed my PT average, so maybe this isn't the best strategy.

bjlee85
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:33 pm

Re: Best way to prepare for the last week

Postby bjlee85 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:03 pm

emkay625 wrote:My schedule the last week:

Sunday - PT and review
Monday - RC drilling
Tuesday - PT and review
Wednesday - LG drilling
Thursday - took the day off of work, mock PT in my actual test room. (if this isn't possible, take it in a library or similar location).
Friday - took the day off of work, did some logic games that were fun for me (aka a bunch of sequencing games). got a massage. watched a bunch of silly movies.
Saturday morning - did 2 logic games and 1 RC passage when I woke up.

Granted, I slightly underperformed my PT average, so maybe this isn't the best strategy.


With the exception of Wednesday's LG drilling, which I'm substituting RC drilling, and the massage, this is my exact same plan for this week. Hopefully I'll slightly outperform my PT average though, lol. I also suggest doing an LR timed section each of these days as well in addition to everything else. LR's huge!

iamrobk
Posts: 485
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: Best way to prepare for the last week

Postby iamrobk » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:14 pm

My schedule for the week before the October test was to take a PT every day from Saturday-Friday except Tuesday or Wednesday (when I drilled LG's), as well as to do some quick review (maybe half an hour) with the Bibles. I ended up doing a point better than my best PT, so I guess it worked for me.

User avatar
Mr. Pancakes
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: Best way to prepare for the last week

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:38 pm

iamrobk wrote:My schedule for the week before the October test was to take a PT every day from Saturday-Friday except Tuesday or Wednesday (when I drilled LG's), as well as to do some quick review (maybe half an hour) with the Bibles. I ended up doing a point better than my best PT, so I guess it worked for me.


Do you people have jobs?

I'm re-rereading The LB bible because it is by far my worst section. I'm only missing just a few on the LR sections and the LG is just throwing D's on my forehead.
Today:LG Bible
Tuesday: PT
Wednesday:LG Bible
Thursday:PT
Friday: The usual. Go to the beach and have weird monkey/greasy/frog sex on the beach with my asian/beyonce/heidi klum/retardly-big-breasted girlfriend while we listen to the gods high fiving each other in appreciation of the beautiful grime sessions we are creating. :|

User avatar
law4vus
Posts: 743
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:35 am

Re: Best way to prepare for the last week

Postby law4vus » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:39 pm

Mr. Pancakes wrote:
dba415 wrote:I plan on taking 4 more PTs from now until the test. With the October 11 test being the last one. I will either do nothing on Friday or spend an hour or two that day reviewing my mistakes on the Oct. 11 test.

When I'm not pting, I'll be drilling and reviewing the LRB.


How do I get my greasy little sausage fingers on a copy of the latest LSAT released?


http://www.amazon.com/Official-LSAT-Pre ... 555&sr=8-3

BOOM

User avatar
Mr. Pancakes
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: Best way to prepare for the last week

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:40 pm

law4vus wrote:
Mr. Pancakes wrote:
dba415 wrote:I plan on taking 4 more PTs from now until the test. With the October 11 test being the last one. I will either do nothing on Friday or spend an hour or two that day reviewing my mistakes on the Oct. 11 test.

When I'm not pting, I'll be drilling and reviewing the LRB.


How do I get my greasy little sausage fingers on a copy of the latest LSAT released?


http://www.amazon.com/Official-LSAT-Pre ... 555&sr=8-3

BOOM


Thanks brahmo. :|

User avatar
law4vus
Posts: 743
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:35 am

Re: Best way to prepare for the last week

Postby law4vus » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:48 pm

Mr. Pancakes wrote:
law4vus wrote:
Mr. Pancakes wrote:
dba415 wrote:I plan on taking 4 more PTs from now until the test. With the October 11 test being the last one. I will either do nothing on Friday or spend an hour or two that day reviewing my mistakes on the Oct. 11 test.

When I'm not pting, I'll be drilling and reviewing the LRB.


How do I get my greasy little sausage fingers on a copy of the latest LSAT released?


http://www.amazon.com/Official-LSAT-Pre ... 555&sr=8-3

BOOM


Thanks brahmo. :|


Good luck. Hopefully it's a nice 180 for you to go into Saturday with. :D

User avatar
Mr. Pancakes
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: Best way to prepare for the last week

Postby Mr. Pancakes » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:09 pm

Good luck. Hopefully it's a nice 180 for you to go into Saturday with. :D[/quote]

HA! I'd cream my jeans from here to the keys if that happened....but yea, it will probably happen.

iamrobk
Posts: 485
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: Best way to prepare for the last week

Postby iamrobk » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:43 pm

Mr. Pancakes wrote:
iamrobk wrote:My schedule for the week before the October test was to take a PT every day from Saturday-Friday except Tuesday or Wednesday (when I drilled LG's), as well as to do some quick review (maybe half an hour) with the Bibles. I ended up doing a point better than my best PT, so I guess it worked for me.


Do you people have jobs?

Haha I'm still in school, but yeah, I definitely fell behind on my work a lot and it took me a week or 2 to catch up. :x

ExcelBaller
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Best way to prepare for the last week

Postby ExcelBaller » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:17 am

This week: Finals, Work, and LSAT Prep for me. Truly living the dream :/

charliep
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:36 pm

Re: Best way to prepare for the last week

Postby charliep » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:27 am

i studied relentlessly up to the hour of the actual test and scored about five points below my average, so i'd say take it easy; tho it's probably different for everyone




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: VMars, Yahoo [Bot] and 8 guests