Plan of Attack for Logic Game Studying

osgiliath

Plan of Attack for Logic Game Studying

Postby osgiliath » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:41 am

I've gotten through the linear and advanced linear sections of the Logic Games Bible, as well as gone through several actual logic games for each of these categories. I was wondering if you guys would suggest completely mastering these types of games first (i.e. can do both types in under 8:45 with -0) before moving on to the next section of the logic games bible, or going through each section and learning the basics before doing extensive mastering of each category. For example, would getting better at other game categories give me some sort of latent synergies toward tackling other games?

I have no clue how to proceed, just wondering if you guys had any tips as to which course of action would be better.

noleknight16

Re: Plan of Attack for Logic Game Studying

Postby noleknight16 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:53 pm

LSAT blog has a great link to gauge how well you understand certain types of games. I cannot find it so I'll just give you some games that the website recommends to do. It will certainly help you know if you've mastered it or not yet.

Pure sequencing: PT38 Game 1 (Clowns in cars)

Basic Linear: PT 30 Game 4 (Toy trucks)

Adv Linear: PT 36 Game 2 (Radio hosts)

I'm sure his link has more info, but I'll keep looking for you.

osgiliath

Postby osgiliath » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:02 pm

Thanks, I will definitely use that info and try out those games.

But I was also asking whether it would be better to:
A) completely master each game type before moving to the next section of the Logic Games Bible,

or

B) simply gain competency on one type before moving on to the next section, and then finally coming back to reach 8:45 levels of competency

Thanks!

noleknight16

Postby noleknight16 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:46 pm

A is the better choice, unless you're taking it next weekend. :mrgreen:

tmon

Postby tmon » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:52 pm

I would suggest doing a section of the LRB and then a TON of drilling of just that kind of game before moving on to the next type, assuming you have the time for that. Take a look at the Pithypike method at the top of this forum. That's what I did and it helped a lot.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”