LOGIC GAMES, tips and tricks!

Geneva

LOGIC GAMES, tips and tricks!

Postby Geneva » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:21 am

Hi Guys,

This thread is a place for people that have seen significant improvement in their game performance and/or mastered the games to share their strategies with the rest of us.

Suggestions on how to systematically approach LG and finish on time would be greatly appreciated! I'm especially interested in hearing from people that managed to significantly reduce the time it takes them to finish the games section. (My biggest struggle on the LSAT is my inability to consistently finish the games on time.)

Thank you so much for any and all feedback! :)

ExcelBaller

Re: LOGIC GAMES, tips and tricks!

Postby ExcelBaller » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:49 pm

Drill: Get your hands on as many LGs as possible (I've done about 50), scan and make copies (preferably on campus so you don't waste paper/ink, merge all into one PDF), work through all of them timed, see what you missed and figure out why. Redo all the games again and again. By the third time I did the games I nearly cut my time in half and increased my accuracy. You might say, "Well you already did them so it's easy to remember the answers" but trust me, when you redo them over and over you start to link the rules and patterns of different games and realize that many of them are very similar so their inferences are similar. New games become just like the games you've already done over and over and over.

A few more things to mention before attacking the questions: Diagram EVERY rule, set up your initial diagram COMPLETELY, start by making inferences using the MOST limited variables, "if T can be in 1 or T can be in 3," (don't be afraid to set up two diagrams one with T in 1 or T in 3), then go to the next most limited variable. Don't erase old hypos, but feel free to scratch through hypos that are wrong that way you can start using these for could be true/could be false questions. Ummmm...can't think of anything else right now.

willwash

Re: LOGIC GAMES, tips and tricks!

Postby willwash » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:33 pm

Geneva wrote:Hi Guys,

This thread is a place for people that have seen significant improvement in their game performance and/or mastered the games to share their strategies with the rest of us.

Suggestions on how to systematically approach LG and finish on time would be greatly appreciated! I'm especially interested in hearing from people that managed to significantly reduce the time it takes them to finish the games section. (My biggest struggle on the LSAT is my inability to consistently finish the games on time.)

Thank you so much for any and all feedback! :)

I started out taking as long as it took to give my best answer on each question. My first few games sections usually looked something like -4, 45-55 minutes and -7 or -8 on timed games. I've improved that to about -3, on time every time (sometimes guessing on the last question or 2), and my most recent 2 games (surely a statistical aberration, but nonetheless a nice ego boost) were -1, 29:30 and -0, 29:00 flat.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”