PT 64 Game 3 (Bikes)

6lehderjets

PT 64 Game 3 (Bikes)

Postby 6lehderjets » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:00 pm

Hey guys, I struggled with this game and have gone through it a couple times and now I feel like I have a better handle on it. Does anybody know of any games that are similar to this one? Was hoping to get some more practice on a related game...

Thanks.

timeless

Re: PT 64 Game 3 (Bikes)

Postby timeless » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:24 am

Ive gone through all the games out there and I think think this is the first kind ive seen.

The closest I can think of is Game 1 of PT 35, with inexperienced and experienced astronomers who are also either geologists or radiobiologist. GENERAL layout is something similar but the bulk of the game seems different unfortunately.

How did you get through this one? I felt like there were so many possibilities so I gave up the all-encompassing inference option and started using brute force. Forntunately, plug and chug in combination with using past work worked out okay, leaving only #16 unsolvable. It allowed me to narrow down to (D) and (E) in #18 and i ended up lucky picking (D).

What was your approach that you settled for after going through a couple of times?

3v3ryth1ng

Postby 3v3ryth1ng » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:05 am

6lehderjets wrote:Hey guys, I struggled with this game and have gone through it a couple times and now I feel like I have a better handle on it. Does anybody know of any games that are similar to this one? Was hoping to get some more practice on a related game...

Thanks.

I think the guy above me mentioned a "closet" game. There's one that had navy hats, and red skirts or something. I remember the setup being similar. The whole "4 items X 4 variations X 2 columns" with an extremely finite amount of scenarios thing.

Does anyone know what you'd call this type of game? I totally forget what they call 'em now.

the_pakalypse

Postby the_pakalypse » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:11 am

3v3ryth1ng wrote:
6lehderjets wrote:Hey guys, I struggled with this game and have gone through it a couple times and now I feel like I have a better handle on it. Does anybody know of any games that are similar to this one? Was hoping to get some more practice on a related game...

Thanks.

I think the guy above me mentioned a "closet" game. There's one that had navy hats, and red skirts or something. I remember the setup being similar. The whole "4 items X 4 variations X 2 columns" with an extremely finite amount of scenarios thing.

Does anyone know what you'd call this type of game? I totally forget what they call 'em now.

Mannequin game?

PT 29 Game 2.

timeless

Postby timeless » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:39 pm

Actually taking things back, for anyone interested.

This is the basic diagram

2 __ __ __ __
1 __ __ __ __
(riders)

Then write down your rules ( i cant mention them specifically here, right?)

I dont think there is a major inference here. You have to jump to the questions.
Work from 13-->14-->17-->15-->16-->18

Record prior works as you go and also remember that you answer to question 13 is also part of your prior work (in fact, it will give you tremendous help in this game). If you follow this step the game isnt too hard. Only caveat is it leaves you with (D) and (E) in #18 but...you just have to figure that out.

hope this helps

iamrobk

Postby iamrobk » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:26 pm

timeless wrote:Actually taking things back, for anyone interested.

2 __ __ __ __
1 __ __ __ __
(riders)

I dont think there is a major inference here. You have to jump to the questions.

Record prior works as you go and also remember that you answer to question 13 is also part of your prior work (in fact, it will give you tremendous help in this game). If you follow this step the game isnt too hard. Only caveat is it leaves you with (D) and (E) in #18 but...you just have to figure that out.

hope this helps

Er, I could just be remembering it wrong since I haven't really thought about it since i took the test, but I thought there was a pretty major inference that could be made.

HellOnHeels

Postby HellOnHeels » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:52 pm

iamrobk wrote:
timeless wrote:Actually taking things back, for anyone interested.

2 __ __ __ __
1 __ __ __ __
(riders)

hope this helps

Er, I could just be remembering it wrong since I haven't really thought about it since i took the test, but I thought there was a pretty major inference that could be made.

there is. your memory is excellent!

timeless

Postby timeless » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:14 pm

What would it be??

Can you share with us if you recall??

dba415

Postby dba415 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:02 pm

the inference dealt with that one person who had to test the same bike that another person tested on the first day. That first day tester could only test two kinds of bikes which means that on the 2nd day the 2nd person could only test those two bikes as well.

Don't remember enough to say more than that.

3v3ryth1ng

Postby 3v3ryth1ng » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:02 am

___1__2_____
A __ __
B __ __
C __ __
D __ __

I chose the bikes (A,B,C and D, or whatever they were) for the basis of my diagram, then had 2 columns the days. Plug all the scenarios in for Theresa, then make deductions. There aren't actually that many ways the game can go. I don't get what the big fuss was about.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”