List of all difficult to understand Flaw answer choices

dba415

List of all difficult to understand Flaw answer choices

Postby dba415 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:28 am

And their meanings.

Does anybody have this? I realize that on flaw questions I will get wrong simply because I've eliminated all the answers that I know are wrong, and end up with 2 choices but I don't know or am unsure exactly what it is saying. So I actually have to guess. It's not like most of the time I haven't identified the flaw either

bp shinners

Re: List of all difficult to understand Flaw answer choices

Postby bp shinners » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:49 pm

There are some standard answers that are directly related to the relevant flaw, but I think you're asking more about the questions that use abstract wording to refer to certain elements of the stimulus in an obscure way to confuse the issue.

For these, I always recommend substituting the language of the stimulus into the abstracted statements. If the answer choice reads, "It treats one possible explanation of the way to possibly achieve a certain goal as the only means by which one can achieve that goal." replace the explanation, way, and goal with the relevant ideas in the stimulus. Not only will it make more sense, but it will also let you throw out answer choices that refer to something that doesn't exist in the stimulus.

Also, don't ever pick, "It assumes the truth of what it sets out to prove." unless you can underline two sentences that say exactly the same thing.

dba415

Re: List of all difficult to understand Flaw answer choices

Postby dba415 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:33 pm

No, I'm asking about answers where I legitimately cannot figure out what they mean or what flaw they are even trying to identify. If I knew what the answers mean I would be able to put it into the stimulus' words.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”