Dec lsat: how to improve score with time remaining

justaviking

Dec lsat: how to improve score with time remaining

Postby justaviking » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:59 pm

I've been studying for the upcoming test in December with the powerscore LG and LR bibles, I've taken approximately 12 PTs 5 from the most recent LSAC book and 7 from the previous set of LSAC released tests. I've hit a plateau for the last 2 weeks on scores when taking practice tests. Would I be better served spending more time taking more practice tests, reviewing missed questions or re-reading the powerscore books. I work full time plus 2 hour commute daily (rush hour traffic is awful) I will have the rest of this weekend free, long weekend on thanksgiving free, and a few hours at night after work. I hope I don't have to retake in June, any help is much appreciated. Thank you

Geetar Man

Re: Dec lsat: how to improve score with time remaining

Postby Geetar Man » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:08 pm

justaviking wrote:I've been studying for the upcoming test in December with the powerscore LG and LR bibles, I've taken approximately 12 PTs 5 from the most recent LSAC book and 7 from the previous set of LSAC released tests. I've hit a plateau for the last 2 weeks on scores when taking practice tests. Would I be better served spending more time taking more practice tests, reviewing missed questions or re-reading the powerscore books. I work full time plus 2 hour commute daily (rush hour traffic is awful) I will have the rest of this weekend free, long weekend on thanksgiving free, and a few hours at night after work. I hope I don't have to retake in June, any help is much appreciated. Thank you

Don't take the test until you are absolutely ready. It is a huge determining factor in your admission to LS and it would be detrimental to go into the test without feeling fully prepared.

If you feel like you have to take the test in December, then I would spend time reviewing the questions that I got wrong and why I chose the wrong answer. Likewise, I would look at questions that I was not sure about and distinguish why an answer was right from an answer that was appealing.

Hope that helps!

slacker

Postby slacker » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:12 am

Why not take or retake in February instead of June?

justaviking

Postby justaviking » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:53 pm

slacker wrote:Why not take or retake in February instead of June?

I've heard that sitting out a cycle is a good idea when retaking.

d0rklord

Postby d0rklord » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:20 pm

justaviking wrote:

^^ I don't know how true that is, but... Typically admissions/DEFINITELY financial aid is on a rolling basis, so you'd have a better chance waiting a cycle and applying early next cycle...

Best of luck on the Dec LSAT :)

gaud

Postby gaud » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:23 pm

justaviking wrote:

Sitting out a cycle is something worth considering. I, like many on here, have done this and have no regrets. It gave me enough time to ensure a higher score on the LSAT as well as time to build up my resume. Applying early in the cycle is a huge plus if you're a borderline candidate at a school.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”