What is YOUR opinion?

Geetar Man

What is YOUR opinion?

Postby Geetar Man » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:52 am

I have recently come across this question during a practice test and chose the answer C.

HOWEVER, there are people on other forums claiming that the answer key gives the wrong answer to the question, which is B.

Read the question and let me know if you've heard anything about it.
If you can justify why is B, and not C, then I would like hear it.

Here is a link to the question:

http://gmatclub.com/forum/brain-scans-o ... 62690.html

Thanks in advance!

noleknight16

Re: What is YOUR opinion?

Postby noleknight16 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:54 am

B is out of scope.

C is the clear winner here.

FryBreadPower

Postby FryBreadPower » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:56 am

Uhh...seems like everyone on that link you posted gave you whatever answers you are looking for.

PDaddy

Postby PDaddy » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:06 am

Geetar Man wrote:I have recently come across this question during a practice test and chose the answer C.

HOWEVER, there are people on other forums claiming that the answer key gives the wrong answer to the question, which is B.

Thanks in advance!

You got me. Answer C looks correct. The other answers are absurd. There's no "estimation of the importance of early diagnosis" in the passage at all. It merely asserts that scanning can detect Parkinsons. Furthermore, it doesn't even suggest that brain scans are the only method for detecting the brain damage - making it a sufficient condition for detection not a necessary one - and nowhere does the squib discuss EARLY scans or treatments.

The obvious flaw in the stimulus is that it argues for a causation merely from the fact that there might be a correlation.

Geetar Man

Postby Geetar Man » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:42 pm

PDaddy wrote:
Geetar Man wrote:I have recently come across this question during a practice test and chose the answer C.

Thanks in advance!

You got me. Answer C looks correct. The other answers are absurd. There's no "estimation of the importance of early diagnosis" in the passage at all. It merely asserts that scanning can detect Parkinsons. Furthermore, it doesn't even suggest that brain scans are the only method for detecting the brain damage - making it a sufficient condition for detection not a necessary one - and nowhere does the squib discuss EARLY scans or treatments.

The obvious flaw in the stimulus is that it argues for a causation merely from the fact that there might be a correlation.

Yes, I agree. I was just wondering if anyone knew for sure that the answer key was positively incorrect. I can't imagine how LSAC (or Kaplan) would let such a thing go unaddressed.

Bump for any more information...

Geetar Man

Postby Geetar Man » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:53 pm

Geetar Man wrote:
PDaddy wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Yes, I agree. I was just wondering if anyone knew for sure that the answer key was positively incorrect. I can't imagine how LSAC (or Kaplan) would let such a thing go unaddressed.

Bump for any more information...

Nevermind. I re-read the thread on GMAT and found that the answer was incorrect on the answer key. What a pile of shit.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”