Should I Withdraw?

lawyerdude

Should I Withdraw?

Postby lawyerdude » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:47 am

Hey guys, long time lurker and first time poster. Some background: I'm a lower college junior with a 3.83 and my dream is to get into Harvard Law School. Now, the GPA part should be no biggie; I'm on course for a 4.0 this semester and am studying abroad in China next semester, in a top 4 Chinese university, taking pretty rudimentary classes.

I began prepping for the LSAT earlier this summer, and accumulated a massive collection of review books. I have every single Manhattan Atlas book, Powerscore book, every preptest, Master the LSAT, Kaplan, Princeton Review, and even the Big Fat Genius Guide to Logic Games. Sometime in September, I registered for the December LSAT, thinking that I'd be in good shape by now.

I was wrong. With a heavy courseload and an internship, my LSAT prep pretty much went to zilch. I'd get fatigued or procrastinate, and around mid-October I was dreading LSAT prep. To date, my highest preptest score has been a 160. At some point today, while doing I practice test, I realized that I had been lying to myself and was not prepared for the December LSAT.

However, it is too late to get a partial refund. Because I'm studying abroad, the only option left available are June and October. My question is this: should I simply withdraw, and take it in June? I've read numerous posts where people have seen great increases in a few weeks, and I'm wondering if I could hit 170 by then.

Second question is whether an October LSAT would be fine for law school applications senior year. How does that work?

noleknight16

Re: Should I Withdraw?

Postby noleknight16 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:52 am

If you took the LSAT October 2012 and applied immediately after scores came out, then you'd be in early for that cycle.

Is it too late to switch the date to Feb? Then you can switch the Feb to June. That way you won't lose $$$ for the LSAT.

professork

Postby professork » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:13 am

Another factor to take into account: even if you hit your goal of 170, you will not get into harvard. you need a significantly higher lsat score (barring urm/crazy ec).

lawyerdude

Postby lawyerdude » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:39 pm

Good advice, guys. I'm going to withdraw from December and take it in June, then October if necessary!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”