RC and a sad (funny?) story

HellOnHeels

RC and a sad (funny?) story

Postby HellOnHeels » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:25 pm

I was doing a RC section, and I told my husband - No asking me questions, no talking, no distractions. I did the first article, then the second article, and was working on the third when he decided to change the lightbulbs in our living room and the cornbread muffins finished and I just haaaad to try one. He went back on his merry way, and I finished up with the 4th.

1 -0 :D
2 -1 :)
3 -7 :evil:
4 -0 8)

Now, we've got football on tv, I've got a cat running back and forth, and he was cooking in the kitchen, so it's not like I'm distraction free. I told him he was bad for my studying :wink:

JamMasterJ

Re: RC and a sad (funny?) story

Postby JamMasterJ » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:27 pm

stephinmd wrote:I was doing a RC section, and I told my husband - No asking me questions, no talking, no distractions. I did the first article, then the second article, and was working on the third when he decided to change the lightbulbs in our living room and the cornbread muffins finished and I just haaaad to try one. He went back on his merry way, and I finished up with the 4th.

4 -0 8)

Now, we've got football on tv, I've got a cat running back and forth, and he was cooking in the kitchen, so it's not like I'm distraction free. I told him he was bad for my studying :wink:

why is this a thread?

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:35 pm

If you train yourself to need complete silence, there's a good chance you'll be screwed on the real test. Practice with noise and distractions of varying kinds until nothing bothers you. A muffin and someone changing a lightbulb should NOT cause a -7.

HellOnHeels

Postby HellOnHeels » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:37 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
stephinmd wrote:I was doing a RC section, and I told my husband - No asking me questions, no talking, no distractions. I did the first article, then the second article, and was working on the third when he decided to change the lightbulbs in our living room and the cornbread muffins finished and I just haaaad to try one. He went back on his merry way, and I finished up with the 4th.

4 -0 8)

why is this a thread?

I thought maybe someone else with a SO or roommates could commiserate w/ the distractions. Sorry. I didn't realize all new threads must be approved by you first.

Transferthrowaway

Postby Transferthrowaway » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:37 pm

Postby 071816 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:39 pm

HellOnHeels

Postby HellOnHeels » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:40 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:If you train yourself to need complete silence, there's a good chance you'll be screwed on the real test. Practice with noise and distractions of varying kinds until nothing bothers you. A muffin and someone changing a lightbulb should NOT cause a -7.

It's more of being asked direct questions and comments that throws me off. I'm pretty good at blocking out background noises, and after reading some of the horror stories of people having others coughing up lungs behind them at the test, I don't think I'd ever want to get used to complete silence. Hence, the football game on in the background :)

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:07 pm

stephinmd wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:

4 -0 8)

why is this a thread?

I thought maybe someone else with a SO or roommates could commiserate w/ the distractions. Sorry. I didn't realize all new threads must be approved by you first.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”