LOR in french

beargrylls

LOR in french

Postby beargrylls » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:33 pm

Hi,

I am a french student and I am completing my application. I neet several LOR, the problem is that my professor will give me LOR only in French...

Do you know if LSAC will accept it? If I can translate it and send it back to lsac?

Thank you!

BG

bergg007

Re: LOR in french

Postby bergg007 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:40 pm

beargrylls wrote:Hi,

I am a french student and I am completing my application. I neet several LOR, the problem is that my professor will give me LOR only in French...

Do you know if LSAC will accept it? If I can translate it and send it back to lsac?

Thank you!

BG

get a different LOR your teacher is a douche, it is french though so i guess that's expected

MrPapagiorgio

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:42 pm

bergg007 wrote:get a different LOR your teacher is a douche, it is french though so i guess that's expected

:shock:

beargrylls

Postby beargrylls » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:28 pm

Seriously. Maybe someone here faced this problem and know the solution.

ben4847

Postby ben4847 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:32 pm

bergg007 wrote:

Thank you!

BG

get a different LOR your teacher is a douche, it is french though so i guess that's expected

+1

emkay625

Postby emkay625 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:58 pm

I am not sure what to do. Call/email LSAC and ask. I'm sure this happens with international students frequently.

Transferthrowaway

Postby Transferthrowaway » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:16 pm

ben4847 wrote:
bergg007 wrote:

Thank you!

BG

+1

God damn professor lives and teaches in France and has the audacity to refuse to LEARN AMERICAN so he can write a student's LOR? What the fuck is wrong with this asshole?

Last edited by Transferthrowaway on Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:22 pm

I would call schools you are applying to and ask them about the situation. LSAC is going to be useless since of course you can upload and send a LOR written in French but the problem will be on the schools' end. I'd imagine the schools will end up with either of two options:

1. Have your professor have someone else translate it for him/her and then submit it.

2. You're shit outta luck unless your prof writes it in English himself/herself (I'd imagine that some schools might go this route since they want it to be purely your professor's words and that isn't necessarily true when it goes through translation).

Gail

Postby Gail » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:40 pm

Thank you!

BG

I tried this with one professor who did not speak English either, but found it to be too big of a hassle to get someone to translate for her. If your professor can't write in French and you can't get someone else to reliably translate, you need to find another professor. If there isn't another professor, you need to ask a translation service.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”