Your Thoughts On My Prep Routine Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Rickjames11

New

Your Thoughts On My Prep Routine

Post by Rickjames11 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:11 am

Thank you for reading this,

First off, I am planning on taking the February LSAT and I've been studying 3 hrs a day, everyday. I took the Kaplan LSAT extreme LSAT last year (didnt do as well as I know i could have) and have been redoing problems from the different sections (rc/lg/lr) from those same Kaplan books.

I no longer live near a Kaplan center and my plan is to study on my own.

I usually go to Barnes and noble and work through the powerscore bible: lr or other books.

When I first got back into studying I was doing endless problems but now I'm starting from scratch by reading the fundamentals (formal logic from powerscore, among others), and haven't been doing so many problems.

Basically, I'm not sure if just doing endless problems is really going to improve my score or should I be slowing it down and not worrying about doing a 1000 problems before feb LSAT. Generally when I do problems I mix it up between the different sections.

I appreciate any input. I have a lot of time to study and have been putting in the hours but I want to make sure it's being used wisely. I read the thread by pikeman or whatever his name is but I'm not all too convinced one strategy fits all. Sorry for the poor organization/grammar/ spelling errors my brain is mush from studying lol

FryBreadPower

Silver

Re: Your Thoughts On My Prep Routine

Post by FryBreadPower » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:15 am

Spend time learning the test piece by piece. Don't just fly into doing all kinds of different problems. For LR, learn basic logic (i.e. conditionals, if/then statements, etc.) and begin doing questions in blocks based on question types. That way, you make the test more approachable by learning a little at a time.

And if you can, steer away from Kaplan and stick to the PowerScore Bibles. Also, make sure you find a guide or two on the forums; they are very helpful.

Kabuo

Silver

Re: Your Thoughts On My Prep Routine

Post by Kabuo » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:26 am

I don't understand the 1000 problems thing. Are you selecting 1000 problems of a type that's hard to you or do you just have a goal to have done 1000 lsat problems by Feb? If the latter, work a lot harder. That's like 8 5 sections PTs. Do them all. You have plenty of time.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”