February 2012 LSAT Study Group

User avatar
Eichörnchen
Posts: 1119
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby Eichörnchen » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:36 am

outlookingin wrote:Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh no. That is REALLY not good news about the LG section... I'll have to stay on top of that.

Yeahhh it has me a bit freaked as well. :( But hopefully Oct was an outlier.

Gisney wrote:That blows about LR. Well I guess I will see how this will play out when I start PTing in a week.

I will miss the big inferences games. I find those easier and less time consuming. Course there has never been a game that has kiled me (so far!) except the CD game from the 30s. Whoever made that game is a cruel cruel person.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. It jut gets a little tougher and more finicky as you go, but the difference isn't so marked that it should cause any panic. :)

And I hate LG...so many games have killed me. Damn you Zephyr. And seats on a bus. And seats around a round table. Damn all of them.

yipeng024
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:27 am

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby yipeng024 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:46 am

.

User avatar
Easy-E
Posts: 5712
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby Easy-E » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:37 am

'ello February study group! I'm using the Velocity prep course for this one after my 161 in October, but I'll try to post in here. Hope everyone's doing well so far.

User avatar
Eichörnchen
Posts: 1119
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby Eichörnchen » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:09 am

yipeng024 wrote:Gross spam gross spam blah blah blah - The STDs are at no extra charge.



--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
outlookingin
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:08 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby outlookingin » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:05 pm

Alright guys, PT 32 tomorrow... wish me luck. I have done some good work with my LR, so I am hoping to see results. Then it's Thanksgiving!

User avatar
Eichörnchen
Posts: 1119
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby Eichörnchen » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:16 pm

outlookingin wrote:Alright guys, PT 32 tomorrow... wish me luck. I have done some good work with my LR, so I am hoping to see results. Then it's Thanksgiving!

PTing on Thanksgiving. Now that's dedication. I'm just going to be gorging myself while blocking out the knowledge that I'm undoing a week's worth of gym time.

User avatar
biglaw$
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:18 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby biglaw$ » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:18 pm

outlookingin wrote:Alright guys, PT 32 tomorrow... wish me luck. I have done some good work with my LR, so I am hoping to see results. Then it's Thanksgiving!


Man you need to chill out. Seriously. No one should want to go to law school this bad. Gobble Gobble.

User avatar
PBateman1
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:57 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby PBateman1 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:32 pm

In on this thread. Junior taking 1st LSAT. Hoping for 170+ so I can get into NW or GULC.

Gisney
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby Gisney » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:49 pm

biglaw$ wrote:
outlookingin wrote:Alright guys, PT 32 tomorrow... wish me luck. I have done some good work with my LR, so I am hoping to see results. Then it's Thanksgiving!


Man you need to chill out. Seriously. No one should want to go to law school this bad. Gobble Gobble.


To stand up for Outlook and explain why I am studying tomorrow too, Outlook and I both live abroad with no family (although he has his girlfriend) so its not like our celebrations will be a big deal ifcelebrating at all.

Actually better to study. Distracts one from being away from family and friends on the holidays.

Gisney
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby Gisney » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:00 pm

Did not study at all yester and not much today. Alread wasy behind so that isnt good but I have been having a bad case of insomnia the last three days and have been half dead.

Did finish Most Stronly Supported

1: 100% 41/41
2 86% 30/35
3: 87% 13/15
4: 91% 30/33

Going to force myself to sleep tonight with Tylenol PM and try and catch up tomorrow. (See my above post for why I am studying tomorrow)

Everyone eat lots of American goodies for me tomorrow! Feel less guilty cause you are eating for two :).

Gisney
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby Gisney » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:15 pm

Went ahead and did Complete the Passage cause there are only 19 Qs

1: 100% 10/10
2: 3/3 100%
3: 66% 2/3
4: 66% 2/3

Both misses were stupid misreads

User avatar
outlookingin
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:08 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby outlookingin » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:03 am

Gisney wrote:
biglaw$ wrote:
outlookingin wrote:Alright guys, PT 32 tomorrow... wish me luck. I have done some good work with my LR, so I am hoping to see results. Then it's Thanksgiving!


Man you need to chill out. Seriously. No one should want to go to law school this bad. Gobble Gobble.


To stand up for Outlook and explain why I am studying tomorrow too, Outlook and I both live abroad with no family (although he has his girlfriend) so its not like our celebrations will be a big deal ifcelebrating at all.

Actually better to study. Distracts one from being away from family and friends on the holidays.


Thanks for representing Gisney. All the Peace Corps and Fulbrighter people are meeting up for Thanksgiving tomorrow (should be lots of fun--we're making a pie!), are you guys doing anything over where you are?

Just took PT32:
LR1: -3 LR2: -4 RC: -3 LG: -1 LGexp: -0 - 172

Not happy. For the record, every single time I have taken a full-scale 5-section test like this over the past 1.5 months, I have scored between 169 and 172. With no discernible pattern or improvement. However, I spent the whole last week drilling and reviewing specific LR question types and got my individual section scores down to -2 or -1 consistently. My RC score on this test is a travesty, it shouldn't have been above -1...

But I'm not going to change my strategy significantly. I'll keep on drilling individual sections and then taking 1 full-size PT once a week, at least for the next couple weeks or until Christmas. I want to steadily plug holes in the bucket of my LSAT knowledge... can't get frustrated, can't get frustrated...

I'm frustrated though. I thought I would hit 175 on this test.

I have stamina issues. I alternate between two modes: (1) exhaustion and carelessness and (2) anxiety and lack of focus. Both are deadly. Anybody have any stamina-related tips? I expect to start taking bunches of 5-section tests starting after Christmas, so maybe my stamina will pick up then?

User avatar
outlookingin
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:08 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby outlookingin » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:10 am

Gisney wrote:Did not study at all yester and not much today. Alread wasy behind so that isnt good but I have been having a bad case of insomnia the last three days and have been half dead.

Did finish Most Stronly Supported

1: 100% 41/41
2 86% 30/35
3: 87% 13/15
4: 91% 30/33

Going to force myself to sleep tonight with Tylenol PM and try and catch up tomorrow. (See my above post for why I am studying tomorrow)

Everyone eat lots of American goodies for me tomorrow! Feel less guilty cause you are eating for two :).



Bummer about the insomnia. I, too, have actually have been laying awake for about an hour each night trying to fall asleep... I think I can't turn my mind 'off' after living, eating, breathing the LSAT. Though I'm not even that hardcore, at least by the standards of others I have seen here on TLS (e.g. - 180asBreath). So I don't know what's up. Given that the test is still over two months away this is bound to become more, not less, of an issue. Unless I take up yoga. Which is a serious consideration.

Gisney, your LR drill scores are looking pretty good... when you are done with the Cambridge book, will you start doing individual LR sections taken out of actual PTs? What tests does the Cambridge book take its Q's out of (sorry if you already said it).

User avatar
Sloth Hero
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:32 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby Sloth Hero » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:35 am

I have been studying on and off (when school allows (upper division philosophy :s)), but my last preptest was a 178 which was exciting, and my average range is 171-174 so I might as well start hxc studying and sit in feb. They'll be plenty to do as I have 50+ preptests left and plan on doing all of em'.

Anyone else aiming for NYU/Columbia?

LETS BE FRANS

User avatar
outlookingin
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:08 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby outlookingin » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:31 am

Sloth Hero wrote:I have been studying on and off (when school allows (upper division philosophy :s)), but my last preptest was a 178 which was exciting, and my average range is 171-174 so I might as well start hxc studying and sit in feb. They'll be plenty to do as I have 50+ preptests left and plan on doing all of em'.

Anyone else aiming for NYU/Columbia?

LETS BE FRANS


Whats up man. Sounds like you'll hit a pretty high score if you keep at it like you say. I'm shooting for UT or Boalt Hall, but mostly UT.

swordsman1
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby swordsman1 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:19 pm

Middle of the eleventh week, ladies and gentlemen:

I have been preparing alongside a full time job for the last four months, and as I have said earlier, I will take the exam in February.

It took me a long time to understand the exam, i.e., to understand what is required for the LG and LR, but now, I think I have a very good understanding finally! As for RC, I am not sure whether reading a book helps, but anyhow, there is enough time to figure that out!

Some people here are already scoring in the 170s. I am yet to take a PT, we all have our own ways. I like taking exams when I am thoroughly prepared, but, soon I will be there. I will nail LR and LG by the end of this week, and then, I will do the part tests for these two sections while going through a book for RC.

That is it for now, thank you to all you guys, this thread helps me stay motivated.

User avatar
Sloth Hero
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:32 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby Sloth Hero » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:56 pm

outlookingin wrote:Whats up man. Sounds like you'll hit a pretty high score if you keep at it like you say. I'm shooting for UT or Boalt Hall, but mostly UT.


That's close enough -- we can be frans.

swordsman1 wrote:Middle of the eleventh week, ladies and gentlemen:

I have been preparing alongside a full time job for the last four months, and as I have said earlier, I will take the exam in February.

It took me a long time to understand the exam, i.e., to understand what is required for the LG and LR, but now, I think I have a very good understanding finally! As for RC, I am not sure whether reading a book helps, but anyhow, there is enough time to figure that out!

Some people here are already scoring in the 170s. I am yet to take a PT, we all have our own ways. I like taking exams when I am thoroughly prepared, but, soon I will be there. I will nail LR and LG by the end of this week, and then, I will do the part tests for these two sections while going through a book for RC.

That is it for now, thank you to all you guys, this thread helps me stay motivated.


Good luck man! I don't know how you can prepare with a full time job -- luckily i get to bum off my school scholarships.

For RC, it just takes a lot of practice... you'll learn for yourself what needs to be absorbed from a given passage. It's really hard to explicitly tell someone how to work on RC (~Wittgenstein~), just keep workin'. I started with -11 in RC and now im at like 1-3 wrong. No revelations, just practice. Being able to interpret their questions so that you can instantly know WTF it is they want just takes prac.

keep it up man, gl when you take your first PT for realz

User avatar
PBateman1
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:57 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby PBateman1 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:09 pm

Took my 1st practice test today. I took the June 2007 test that they give for free on lsac.org. I got a 169, is this known to be an 'easy' test? The only prep I've done so far is the linear games section of the PS LG Bible. If I take a winter prep course should a 170+ be easily within reach?

swordsman1
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby swordsman1 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:19 pm

swordsman1 wrote:Middle of the eleventh week, ladies and gentlemen:

I have been preparing alongside a full time job for the last four months, and as I have said earlier, I will take the exam in February.

It took me a long time to understand the exam, i.e., to understand what is required for the LG and LR, but now, I think I have a very good understanding finally! As for RC, I am not sure whether reading a book helps, but anyhow, there is enough time to figure that out!

Some people here are already scoring in the 170s. I am yet to take a PT, we all have our own ways. I like taking exams when I am thoroughly prepared, but, soon I will be there. I will nail LR and LG by the end of this week, and then, I will do the part tests for these two sections while going through a book for RC.

That is it for now, thank you to all you guys, this thread helps me stay motivated.


Sloth Hero wrote:Good luck man! I don't know how you can prepare with a full time job -- luckily i get to bum off my school scholarships.

For RC, it just takes a lot of practice... you'll learn for yourself what needs to be absorbed from a given passage. It's really hard to explicitly tell someone how to work on RC (~Wittgenstein~), just keep workin'. I started with -11 in RC and now im at like 1-3 wrong. No revelations, just practice. Being able to interpret their questions so that you can instantly know WTF it is they want just takes prac.

keep it up man, gl when you take your first PT for realz



I think I have a pretty good grip on LR and LG, devised my own methodology with help from couple books of course! RC will be fine too.

I like that we have here few people in us, who are shooting for the top and are within touching distance of that! Let's feed off of each other! GL to you too! Keep posting!

User avatar
outlookingin
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:08 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby outlookingin » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:45 pm

PBateman1 wrote:Took my 1st practice test today. I took the June 2007 test that they give for free on lsac.org. I got a 169, is this known to be an 'easy' test? The only prep I've done so far is the linear games section of the PS LG Bible. If I take a winter prep course should a 170+ be easily within reach?


Yeah you're gonna kill it... you psycho killer, you.

Don't just stare at it, EAT IT!!

But seriously I don't think you need to take a prep course. If anything, take one of the on-line ones like Velocity (this is just what I've heard).

User avatar
outlookingin
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:08 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby outlookingin » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:47 pm

swordsman1 wrote:
swordsman1 wrote:Middle of the eleventh week, ladies and gentlemen:

I have been preparing alongside a full time job for the last four months, and as I have said earlier, I will take the exam in February.

It took me a long time to understand the exam, i.e., to understand what is required for the LG and LR, but now, I think I have a very good understanding finally! As for RC, I am not sure whether reading a book helps, but anyhow, there is enough time to figure that out!

Some people here are already scoring in the 170s. I am yet to take a PT, we all have our own ways. I like taking exams when I am thoroughly prepared, but, soon I will be there. I will nail LR and LG by the end of this week, and then, I will do the part tests for these two sections while going through a book for RC.

That is it for now, thank you to all you guys, this thread helps me stay motivated.


Sloth Hero wrote:Good luck man! I don't know how you can prepare with a full time job -- luckily i get to bum off my school scholarships.

For RC, it just takes a lot of practice... you'll learn for yourself what needs to be absorbed from a given passage. It's really hard to explicitly tell someone how to work on RC (~Wittgenstein~), just keep workin'. I started with -11 in RC and now im at like 1-3 wrong. No revelations, just practice. Being able to interpret their questions so that you can instantly know WTF it is they want just takes prac.

keep it up man, gl when you take your first PT for realz



I think I have a pretty good grip on LR and LG, devised my own methodology with help from couple books of course! RC will be fine too.

I like that we have here few people in us, who are shooting for the top and are within touching distance of that! Let's feed off of each other! GL to you too! Keep posting!


Right on man I hear you about your own pace--I actually think my pace is a little off-whack. I'm too impatient and I want to see results NOW... which is stupid and a waste of material.

We're going to wreck this test.

062914123
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby 062914123 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:04 pm

.
Last edited by 062914123 on Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

swordsman1
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby swordsman1 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:45 pm

outlookingin wrote:
swordsman1 wrote:
swordsman1 wrote:Middle of the eleventh week, ladies and gentlemen:

I have been preparing alongside a full time job for the last four months, and as I have said earlier, I will take the exam in February.

It took me a long time to understand the exam, i.e., to understand what is required for the LG and LR, but now, I think I have a very good understanding finally! As for RC, I am not sure whether reading a book helps, but anyhow, there is enough time to figure that out!

Some people here are already scoring in the 170s. I am yet to take a PT, we all have our own ways. I like taking exams when I am thoroughly prepared, but, soon I will be there. I will nail LR and LG by the end of this week, and then, I will do the part tests for these two sections while going through a book for RC.

That is it for now, thank you to all you guys, this thread helps me stay motivated.


Sloth Hero wrote:Good luck man! I don't know how you can prepare with a full time job -- luckily i get to bum off my school scholarships.

For RC, it just takes a lot of practice... you'll learn for yourself what needs to be absorbed from a given passage. It's really hard to explicitly tell someone how to work on RC (~Wittgenstein~), just keep workin'. I started with -11 in RC and now im at like 1-3 wrong. No revelations, just practice. Being able to interpret their questions so that you can instantly know WTF it is they want just takes prac.

keep it up man, gl when you take your first PT for realz



I think I have a pretty good grip on LR and LG, devised my own methodology with help from couple books of course! RC will be fine too.

I like that we have here few people in us, who are shooting for the top and are within touching distance of that! Let's feed off of each other! GL to you too! Keep posting!


Right on man I hear you about your own pace--I actually think my pace is a little off-whack. I'm too impatient and I want to see results NOW... which is stupid and a waste of material.

We're going to wreck this test.


Yes, Method to the madness! We will ace it!

Gisney
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby Gisney » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:53 am

outlookingin wrote:
Bummer about the insomnia. I, too, have actually have been laying awake for about an hour each night trying to fall asleep... I think I can't turn my mind 'off' after living, eating, breathing the LSAT. Though I'm not even that hardcore, at least by the standards of others I have seen here on TLS (e.g. - 180asBreath). So I don't know what's up. Given that the test is still over two months away this is bound to become more, not less, of an issue. Unless I take up yoga. Which is a serious consideration.

Gisney, your LR drill scores are looking pretty good... when you are done with the Cambridge book, will you start doing individual LR sections taken out of actual PTs? What tests does the Cambridge book take its Q's out of (sorry if you already said it).


The Cambridge packages use LR from preptests 1-38 and yea I will start doing individual sections.

Starting to PT come Monday! Wish me luck :)

Gisney
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby Gisney » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:57 am

Sloth Hero wrote:I have been studying on and off (when school allows (upper division philosophy :s)), but my last preptest was a 178 which was exciting, and my average range is 171-174 so I might as well start hxc studying and sit in feb. They'll be plenty to do as I have 50+ preptests left and plan on doing all of em'.

Anyone else aiming for NYU/Columbia?

LETS BE FRANS



I am aiming for Columbia! I haven't taken a preptest since my cold diagnostic but hopefully my scores won't be too far from yours when I start on Monday!




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Instrumental and 4 guests