February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Eichörnchen

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby Eichörnchen » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:00 am

cooley4lyfe wrote:
Eichörnchen wrote:This is exactly why I pushed the test back - twice. :lol: I definitely understand. But at least now I can say that I really have tried my hardest (or at least I hope I can say so by test day). I'm sure that I could possibly do more, but in any case, I am so damn sick of this test by now that I want it to be over! I sadly have not been hitting 175+ like I wanted and thought I would be getting by now. This test makes me feel dumb. :evil: Good luck to you, and with you scoring the way you are now, Im sure you'll make it to 175+! I'm jealous. :mrgreen:

PS - I hope, hope, hope that I will be too busy backpacking, hanging out with friends, and having movie marathons to think about the wait thread and the wait for my score! *Wishful thinkinggg*

Oh and flu update: My mom now has it too and basically said "I've touched everything in the house, and this is the worst flu I've ever had. Study while you can." :shock: :shock: :shock: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'm so worried.

:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I really hate you.

cooley4lyfe

Postby cooley4lyfe » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:02 am

Eichörnchen wrote:
cooley4lyfe wrote:
Eichörnchen wrote:This is exactly why I pushed the test back - twice. :lol: I definitely understand. But at least now I can say that I really have tried my hardest (or at least I hope I can say so by test day). I'm sure that I could possibly do more, but in any case, I am so damn sick of this test by now that I want it to be over! I sadly have not been hitting 175+ like I wanted and thought I would be getting by now. This test makes me feel dumb. :evil: Good luck to you, and with you scoring the way you are now, Im sure you'll make it to 175+! I'm jealous. :mrgreen:

PS - I hope, hope, hope that I will be too busy backpacking, hanging out with friends, and having movie marathons to think about the wait thread and the wait for my score! *Wishful thinkinggg*

Oh and flu update: My mom now has it too and basically said "I've touched everything in the house, and this is the worst flu I've ever had. Study while you can." :shock: :shock: :shock: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'm so worried.

I really hate you.

me likey da puke

Eichörnchen

Postby Eichörnchen » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:11 am

cooley4lyfe wrote:
Eichörnchen wrote:
cooley4lyfe wrote:
Eichörnchen wrote:Oh and flu update: My mom now has it too and basically said "I've touched everything in the house, and this is the worst flu I've ever had. Study while you can." :shock: :shock: :shock: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'm so worried.

I really hate you.

me likey da puke

You would you sick bastard.

Gisney

Postby Gisney » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:31 pm

To outlook:
I understand postpoing if you feel like you are not there yet and you have the ability to take it another time. Part of me feels like if I jsut had a month or two more then I would be hitting the upper 170s as well. But as for June I will be on travel restriction from living my country of service and Oct I feel like I will be too excited about being home to focus on stuying.

In other news. I did PT 62. Results are the same

LR1:-2
LR2:-3
LG:-0
RC: -6 :(

Raw: 91
Scaled 173

So this had one of the more discussed games (stained glass) and I have to say it was one of the more fun games I have come across but that is just me. IF I only found RC so easy.

I am comforted to note that while there have been warnings that LR gets harder in the later test it has not seemed to affect me much. Maybe an extra miss here and there but I can definaly tighten that up in the coming days.

RC...RC...RC...you are cruel
What gets me are the times I think wow this isn{t so bad, -3 tops. This was one of those times I thought that and shit show of a -6 followed. What do I do?

outlookingin

Postby outlookingin » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:38 pm

Gisney wrote:To outlook:
I understand postpoing if you feel like you are not there yet and you have the ability to take it another time. Part of me feels like if I jsut had a month or two more then I would be hitting the upper 170s as well. But as for June I will be on travel restriction from living my country of service and Oct I feel like I will be too excited about being home to focus on stuying.

In other news. I did PT 62. Results are the same

LR1:-2
LR2:-3
LG:-0
RC: -6 :(

Raw: 91
Scaled 173

So this had one of the more discussed games (stained glass) and I have to say it was one of the more fun games I have come across but that is just me. IF I only found RC so easy.

I am comforted to note that while there have been warnings that LR gets harder in the later test it has not seemed to affect me much. Maybe an extra miss here and there but I can definaly tighten that up in the coming days.

RC...RC...RC...you are cruel
What gets me are the times I think wow this isn{t so bad, -3 tops. This was one of those times I thought that and shit show of a -6 followed. What do I do?

I don't know man but RC is what really freaked me out recently. I thought it was a safe bet, my port in the storm or whatever... then BAM shits not secure. I'm going to start with Voyager's method tomorrow.

Genny

Postby Genny » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:27 pm

What is Voyager's method?

hotspur

Postby hotspur » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:19 pm

Genny wrote:What is Voyager's method?

It's an RC strategy that seems to help some people. Some claim it slows them down. Check the link
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7240

Worked a few sections today and completely dropped the ball on LR. Complacency maybe? Working all day and PTing at night is tiresome and almost counterproductive I think. Did a lot better on my Sunday test...

outlookingin

Postby outlookingin » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:45 am

hotspur wrote:
Genny wrote:What is Voyager's method?

It's an RC strategy that seems to help some people. Some claim it slows them down. Check the link
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... f=6&t=7240

Worked a few sections today and completely dropped the ball on LR. Complacency maybe? Working all day and PTing at night is tiresome and almost counterproductive I think. Did a lot better on my Sunday test...

Yeah I actually think it WILL slow me down considerably, especially at first. I expect it to force me to focus my eye on certain things and then eventually I'll just see them and not have to process them as much... I guess what I'm hoping is that Voyager's method will be for RC like the LG Bible was for Games. I don't diagram half as much shit as I used to in the beginning with games. Also, with LR, going through and diagramming/writing out reasons for TCR and such has been like a laser focus for my eye--when I see an assumption question now, for instance, I can see it coming a mile away, and it's starting to be that way with all of the Q types. And I would have never thought I'd get there about 2 months ago. So no I don't expect to use Voyager's method on test day per se, rather it's going to be my study method for RC for a little while. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

LSATDecimator

Postby LSATDecimator » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:00 pm

I am an LSAT SPARTAN......

and will devote 10 hours per day for the next 29 days to achieve unequivocal LSAT success.

Postby 062914123 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:01 pm

Last edited by 062914123 on Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eichörnchen

Postby Eichörnchen » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:17 pm

LSATDecimator wrote:I am an LSAT SPARTAN......

and will devote 10 hours per day for the next 29 daysto achieve unequivocal LSAT success and then burn out just before test day, with my performance plummeting.

FTFY

LSATDecimator

Postby LSATDecimator » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:31 pm

No, I'm taking much of the 9th & all of the 10th off to relax, renting a hotel room to ensure proper sleep and probably knocking off Rocky's I-V. I'll be quite eager to slay the LSAT come test day.

Best,
LSATD

outlookingin

Postby outlookingin » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:40 am

LSATDecimator wrote:No, I'm taking much of the 9th & all of the 10th off to relax, renting a hotel room to ensure proper sleep and probably knocking off Rocky's I-V. I'll be quite eager to slay the LSAT come test day.

Best,
LSATD

Dude seriously you're pretty defiant here. Have you not seen the accounts of other TLSers who have done as you plan to do? It's pretty unanimous.

I mean whatever power to you but please log your PTs, actual score, and overall experience after you take the LSAT, because I am curious as to how this is going to turn out.

LSATDecimator

Postby LSATDecimator » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:10 pm

[/quote]Dude seriously you're pretty defiant here. Have you not seen the accounts of other TLSers who have done as you plan to do? It's pretty unanimous.

I mean whatever power to you but please log your PTs, actual score, and overall experience after you take the LSAT, because I am curious as to how this is going to turn out[/quote].

I just know what has worked for me (we are all different, are we not?) when I slayed the GRE merely three weeks ago. I can't argue with experience, and more particularly, results. I'll consider logging my PT's, although the numbers will be pretty humbling at first -- 151, 153, etc -- and disclosing my final score. My expectations are nothing earth shattering for TLS'ers, as I shall be satisfied with a mere 168. I simply do not have the additional time required for hitting a higher score.

"Fortune favors the brave."

~ Virgil

Best,
LSATD

Eichörnchen

Postby Eichörnchen » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:21 pm

LSATDecimator wrote:
Dude seriously you're pretty defiant here. Have you not seen the accounts of other TLSers who have done as you plan to do? It's pretty unanimous.

I mean whatever power to you but please log your PTs, actual score, and overall experience after you take the LSAT, because I am curious as to how this is going to turn out

I just know what has worked for me (we are all different, are we not?) when I slayed the GRE merely three weeks ago. [ :roll: ] I can't argue with experience, and more particularly, results. I'll consider logging my PT's, although the numbers will be pretty humbling at first -- 151, 153, etc -- and disclosing my final score. My expectations are nothing earth shattering for TLS'ers, as I shall be satisfied with a mere 168. I simply do not have the additional time required for hitting a higher score.

"Fortune favors the brave."

~ Virgil

Best,
LSATD

As you get to know this test, you will soon discover that the GRE is utterly and completely different. You can't cram for the LSAT because there is nothing informational to memorize. All I'm saying is that I burned out doing what you plan to. Good luck.

as I shall be satisfied with a mere 168

PS your writing style makes me feel like I'm reading a weird Jane Austen fanfic or something.

Well, I must take my leave now. I am obliged to PT today, and I withhold the fervent hope that my LG shall greatly improve within the se'night. :wink:

Postby 062914123 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:56 pm

Last edited by 062914123 on Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

john1990

Postby john1990 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:59 pm

i am also obliged to PT today :mrgreen:

Eichörnchen

Postby Eichörnchen » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:46 pm

john1990 wrote:i am also obliged to PT today :mrgreen:

Good luck; let us know how it goes! I'm on beak right now from mine. The person sitting next to me is kinda distracting me (I hate when people awkwardly sit directly next to me when the whole room is full of free tables). He keeps looking at me while I'm testing and acting like he's about to say something. It'd be a lot less creepy if he weren't 50+ yrs old. I guess it's good to simulate possible weird test day scenarios? :lol:

Oh well back to the grindstone

kerflux

Postby kerflux » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:52 pm

PS your writing style makes me feel like I'm reading a weird Jane Austen

Lol, and the avatar of Abe only makes it weirder.

Anyway, I got a 165 in Oct. that I'm now considering more of a diagnostic score than anything. I wish I had discovered this site sooner - all I did was flip through a few pages of a Barron's book, lol, and my diagramming was nonexistent. My main concern is seeing some LG on the test that will be new to me and be too time-consuming. I started studying pretty fervently about a week back, and I feel like I've got a good mastery of most of them now, it's honestly just the time portion that gets me. Any valuable insights to be had here, or should I just persist in drilling?

Gisney

Postby Gisney » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:49 pm

Well guys it turns out my life as taken an unexpected turn. I will be returning stateside earlier then planned and with all that is happening and moving I will be unable to focus on the lsat so I am also postponing till June.

Good luck to all the Feb takers!

john1990

Postby john1990 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:15 pm

Just took the first prep test in The Official LSAT Superprep and was VERY FRUSTRADE :evil:
LR -6 :x
RC -5 :roll: i missed 3 of the last 4 since i started slow but nb here
LG -4 :shock: the last 2 games seemed really strange, also see below
LR -4 :evil: :evil: i went 19/19 and then -4 on q's 20-25 :evil:

so even worse
82/101 on this test is a
163 :evil: :evil: EVIL!

I will be focusing on LR from here on out, i try to get 22/X on every section, this test was disappointing

I took this test in a room in the library and during the LG section a librarian went through the room and knocked on every door, then opened it and slammed it shut. This small room is literally lined with these small offices, so in a 8 minute window she knocked on about 20 doors and then slammed them! It was nonstop knocking and slamming :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by john1990 on Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hotspur

Postby hotspur » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:02 pm

Did an LR section today, only missed one. It was #3 and when I went back and looked at it the answer was obvious. Hoping I don't flub like that on gameday.

I'm also hoping this low stress strategy works out. I'm working one section a night during the week (Fridays OFF) and 5 sections on Saturdays. Luckily I've got a few weeks to gauge its effectiveness.

Good luck with everyone's study plans. Abe the LSATdecimator--I think your plan may be a bit heavy but if you insist on ignoring good advice....

man_utd_4l

Postby man_utd_4l » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:09 am

Gisney wrote:Well guys it turns out my life as taken an unexpected turn. I will be returning stateside earlier then planned and with all that is happening and moving I will be unable to focus on the lsat so I am also postponing till June.

Not sure if this is a good or a bad thing, but when things settled down come join us in the June thread. To the rest of you guys, CRUSH THIS TEST!!!!!!!!!!!!

outlookingin

Postby outlookingin » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:50 am

man_utd_4l wrote:
Gisney wrote:Well guys it turns out my life as taken an unexpected turn. I will be returning stateside earlier then planned and with all that is happening and moving I will be unable to focus on the lsat so I am also postponing till June.

Not sure if this is a good or a bad thing, but when things settled down come join us in the June thread. To the rest of you guys, CRUSH THIS TEST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah Gisney, sorry if whatever is going down isn't positive or whatever, but it'll be good to have you over in June. See you on the other side. Eich and bee, sorry if it feels like people are dropping like flies around here. You're always welcome in June too, haha

Eichörnchen

Postby Eichörnchen » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:35 pm

outlookingin wrote:
man_utd_4l wrote:

Yeah Gisney, sorry if whatever is going down isn't positive or whatever, but it'll be good to have you over in June. See you on the other side. Eich and bee, sorry if it feels like people are dropping like flies around here. You're always welcome in June too, haha

What?? NO! :lol: I will not see you in June.

But Gisney, hope all is well! And although people really are dropping like flies, I will keep on truckin.

PT 45 went well:

LR: -3 :evil:
RC: -3 :evil:
LG: -2 :)
LR2: -1 :)

This PT didn't have a curveball game, like more recent tests do, so I did pretty well in LG. Hopefully I get a test just like it in Feb, because if I weren't off my game in LR1 and RC I could've crushed it. I won't count on that though.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”