February 2012 LSAT Study Group

jim-green
Posts: 808
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:55 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby jim-green » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:48 pm

Anyone other than Eich done the Ace the LSAT LGs book? Any comments? The games are hard.
Eichörnchen wrote:Thanks, I'll try not to worry too much. I've just seen numbers like that too often in the past so it did put a bit of a scare into me haha. I've done two of the MLSAT LG, but I forgot about them. Was it you that brought them up? If so, thanks! I plan on printing a bunch and doing them.

User avatar
willwash
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:51 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby willwash » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 am

More LG drills tonight...I've lost the edge. Did some Manahttan LSAT simu-games and predictably got my ass kicked royally (took 15 to 20 minutes PER game and STILL missed about half the questions!!!), then did some one real LG section and -3...WTF is going on?

@Gisney, I've pulled out my answer sheet for PT 52. Here's what I missed:

LR1: 16, 21 (starred 2, 14, 17, 21) for the -2
LG: 16, 22 for the -2
LR2: 18, 25 (starred 10, 12, 18, 24, 25) for the -2
RC: (starred 5, 8, 18, 19, 22) for the -0

Star doesn't necessarily mean I guessed, but I noted them as difficult questions or that at least one of the other ACs was very attractive.

User avatar
willwash
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:51 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby willwash » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:00 pm

Merry Christmas, all!

User avatar
princeR
Posts: 308
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:10 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby princeR » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:32 am

Someone please help me with RC and flaw questions in LR... Can't pull it together

User avatar
willwash
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:51 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby willwash » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:21 am

PT 55 last night. Abysmal. I don't even want to talk about it. But here goes:

LR1: -4
RC: -4
LR2: -2
LG: -4

167...FUCK!!!

PT 61 on 11/6=163
PT 64 on 11/9=168
PT 62 on 11/27=169
PT 63 on 12/3=168
RT 61 on 12/7=172
PT 60 on 12/11= 167
PT 52 on 12/14=174
PT 54 on 12/18=172
PT 55 on 12/16=167 :evil: :evil:

User avatar
john1990
Posts: 1211
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby john1990 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:16 pm

Does anyone know the last day you are allowed to register to February, when the price increases, and when you are last allowed to get a refund?

User avatar
Eichörnchen
Posts: 1119
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby Eichörnchen » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:24 pm

john1990 wrote:Does anyone know the last day you are allowed to register to February, when the price increases, and when you are last allowed to get a refund?

I think the price increases 1/10, but I could be wrong. Just check LSAC's site.

User avatar
john1990
Posts: 1211
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby john1990 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:52 pm

Your right, and the last day for late registration is 1/20

Gisney
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby Gisney » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:29 pm

willwash wrote:More LG drills tonight...I've lost the edge. Did some Manahttan LSAT simu-games and predictably got my ass kicked royally (took 15 to 20 minutes PER game and STILL missed about half the questions!!!), then did some one real LG section and -3...WTF is going on?

@Gisney, I've pulled out my answer sheet for PT 52. Here's what I missed:

LR1: 16, 21 (starred 2, 14, 17, 21) for the -2
LG: 16, 22 for the -2
LR2: 18, 25 (starred 10, 12, 18, 24, 25) for the -2
RC: (starred 5, 8, 18, 19, 22) for the -0

Star doesn't necessarily mean I guessed, but I noted them as difficult questions or that at least one of the other ACs was very attractive.


Well here is mine

(my starred doesn't mean I guessed either just I thought it was tricky)

LR1: 17 (starred 18, 19, and 22) for -1
LG: -0
LR2: 3, 8, 16, 17, 23, and 25 (I starred none! That is what gets me. I realized it was trickier then LR1 so I went slowly but damn) -6
RC: 1, 10, 14 (none starred) -3

I am reviewing today.

Gisney
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby Gisney » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:47 pm

willwash wrote:PT 55 last night. Abysmal. I don't even want to talk about it. But here goes:

LR1: -4
RC: -4
LR2: -2
LG: -4

167...FUCK!!!

PT 61 on 11/6=163
PT 64 on 11/9=168
PT 62 on 11/27=169
PT 63 on 12/3=168
RT 61 on 12/7=172
PT 60 on 12/11= 167
PT 52 on 12/14=174
PT 54 on 12/18=172
PT 55 on 12/16=167 :evil: :evil:


I am sure it is an outlier dude. At least it gives you more to review and learn from your mistakes.

ps I wanted to ask you, have you been taking an experimental when you take your practice tests to make it a 5 section test? You might want to if not so you will be practicing the full mental stamina you will need for the test.

User avatar
john1990
Posts: 1211
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby john1990 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:30 pm

PT49
LG 22/22
LR 18/26 :evil:
RC 23/27 :o
LR 21/25

84/100=165

I had not prep for LR since October 1st because i thought i could just naturally pick it up and was shocked to find that i had to go slowly :( But i know that with a little practice i should get that score up. Really happy with my 23 in RC :D This is my first full RC since completing the Manhattan RC book and wow that book is great! I felt a little rushed at the end and had to guess on the last 2 questions, both of which i answered incorrectly.

User avatar
NoleMatt
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:48 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby NoleMatt » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:07 pm

I just found out my Testmasters class that was supposed to begin Jan. 3 was canceled, now I'm freaking out a little. I did ok with self study for a couple of weeks but quickly became frustrated with my lack of organization and progress and poured all my hopes into this class. I've already paid for the Feb. exam and don't really know what to do now.

I wasn't expecting to knock the Feb. exam out of the park anyway because I think to do that takes many more timed tests than the TM class offers, however I was counting on the class to provide me with good materials and a solid understanding of the tests and questions.

Do you guys think I should self study with the TestMasters online class and use their materials (which i heard are pretty good?) or should I just wait until the class for the June exam? Thanks in advance for the advice :?

User avatar
ngogirl
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:40 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby ngogirl » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:06 pm

NoleMatt wrote:I just found out my Testmasters class that was supposed to begin Jan. 3 was canceled, now I'm freaking out a little. I did ok with self study for a couple of weeks but quickly became frustrated with my lack of organization and progress and poured all my hopes into this class. I've already paid for the Feb. exam and don't really know what to do now.

I wasn't expecting to knock the Feb. exam out of the park anyway because I think to do that takes many more timed tests than the TM class offers, however I was counting on the class to provide me with good materials and a solid understanding of the tests and questions.

Do you guys think I should self study with the TestMasters online class and use their materials (which i heard are pretty good?) or should I just wait until the class for the June exam? Thanks in advance for the advice :?


If you're going to go with an online course, I would go with Velocity. I don't know where you are located but you might want to try Manhattan LSAT or Power Score as well. Have you thought about contacting them (TM) for tutoring?
Last edited by ngogirl on Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Eichörnchen
Posts: 1119
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby Eichörnchen » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:09 pm

Two wrong "yours" on one page? C'mon future top lawyers, we can do better than this! ;) Just kidding. Sort of.

NoleMatt, I don't think I'd sit out just because of the course not running. Manhattan's good, PS is supposed to be good, and besides, most top scorers don't even take a course! (In my experience).

User avatar
ngogirl
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:40 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby ngogirl » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:02 pm

Eichörnchen wrote:Two wrong "yours" on one page? C'mon future top lawyers, we can do better than this! ;) Just kidding. Sort of.


Fixed.

User avatar
Eichörnchen
Posts: 1119
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby Eichörnchen » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:20 pm

ngogirl wrote:
Eichörnchen wrote:Two wrong "yours" on one page? C'mon future top lawyers, we can do better than this! ;) Just kidding. Sort of.


Fixed.

Haha, aw you didn't have to do that. I was just havin some fun with my pet peeve.

062914123
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby 062914123 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:46 pm

.
Last edited by 062914123 on Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ngogirl
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:40 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby ngogirl » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:57 pm

Eichörnchen wrote:
ngogirl wrote:
Eichörnchen wrote:Two wrong "yours" on one page? C'mon future top lawyers, we can do better than this! ;) Just kidding. Sort of.


Fixed.

Haha, aw you didn't have to do that. I was just havin some fun with my pet peeve.


haha no worries :lol:

User avatar
NoleMatt
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:48 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby NoleMatt » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:52 pm

ngogirl wrote:
If you're going to go with an online course, I would go with Velocity. I don't know where you are located but you might want to try Manhattan LSAT or Power Score as well. Have you thought about contacting them (TM) for tutoring?


I'm interested in Velocity and I sent them an email to see if they're offering any promos or anything. I haven't considered tutoring because I'm fairly sure almost any tutoring is out of my price range. The $1450 I paid for the TM course is definitely my limit, and I don't think that will get my very far with tutoring.

Eichörnchen wrote:NoleMatt, I don't think I'd sit out just because of the course not running. Manhattan's good, PS is supposed to be good, and besides, most top scorers don't even take a course! (In my experience).


I agree; most top scorers I've read about or spoke to didn't take a course. The benefit I think I would gain from taking a course (be it online or live) would be the materials, and more importantly, the guidance. I tried self study but felt pretty aimless and overwhelmed. I feel like I need either a very specific and comprehensive study plan (if such a thing exists) or a live class to attend where I can have my hand held.

User avatar
Eichörnchen
Posts: 1119
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby Eichörnchen » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:23 pm

bee wrote:
Eichörnchen wrote:
ngogirl wrote:
Eichörnchen wrote:Two wrong "yours" on one page? C'mon future top lawyers, we can do better than this! ;) Just kidding. Sort of.


Fixed.

Haha, aw you didn't have to do that. I was just havin some fun with my pet peeve.


It's good to know someone out there shares my grammar/spelling neuroses ;)

The one that always makes me twitch is defiantly/definately/definitley instead of definitely.

http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/ :lol:

Haha that is so true! I love that there is a website devoted to this. :P

062914123
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby 062914123 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:00 am

.
Last edited by 062914123 on Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
john1990
Posts: 1211
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby john1990 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:16 am

bee wrote:I was wondering if any of you guys employ bubbling strategies e.g. bubbling only at the end of every section etc. I always just bubbled right after I finished a question, but after re-reading TLS guides, I'm rethinking :oops: :oops: :oops: Did anyone find strategic bubbling helped them with time?


I bubble at the end of each page. It saves time and helps me keep my focus on the test

User avatar
john1990
Posts: 1211
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby john1990 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:18 am

princeR wrote:Someone please help me with RC and flaw questions in LR... Can't pull it together


If you haven't read the Manhattan RC method then definitely do that.

User avatar
Eichörnchen
Posts: 1119
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby Eichörnchen » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:09 pm

bee wrote:I was wondering if any of you guys employ bubbling strategies e.g. bubbling only at the end of every section etc. I always just bubbled right after I finished a question, but after re-reading TLS guides, I'm rethinking :oops: :oops: :oops: Did anyone find strategic bubbling helped them with time?

Everyone's different. If you are already used to a strategy that feels natural to you, just be careful if you switch it up because changing techniques can make you prone to misbubbling.

swordsman1
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Postby swordsman1 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:07 pm

40 days to go, and I am so behind...no matter what I do, I keep making 2 mistakes every four games......I think I might need to come out in the open with my preparation from tomorrow. Might do a running blog of my preparation...feel like it...just that its not my style....this is frustrating.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandros, ngogirl12 and 3 guests