February 2012 LSAT Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
willwash

Bronze

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Post by willwash » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:34 am

Gisney wrote:
Eichörnchen wrote:
Gisney wrote:Finished Must Be true today

1: 100% 37/37
2: 98% 45/46
3: 86% 25/29
4: 83% 19/23

Only Parallel Valid, Parallel Flaw, Evalutate and Paradox left. Should finish up by middle of next wee. I just want to be done. I am kinda sick of these.

Tomorrow I will be moving on to PT 53. Wish me luck!
I just finished MBT drilling as well.

First 80 questions: -2/80
Last 44 questions: -6/44 :x

Overall, ~94%. :| I'm hoping my dip in LR performance is because I haven't touched LR for months. Oh well, review time!
So you have been going through Cambridge too? Is it justme or are there a crazy amount of LR (in pts 1-38 at least) about dinosaures? I keep picturing nerdy men in cubicals dreaming of Jurasic Park which to be fair is undeniable an awesome movie
They also REALLY seem to like the name Yolanda.

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Silver

Post by Manhattan LSAT Noah » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:41 pm

outlookingin wrote: Can you actually tell us more about how this course is different, why this is so, and what the course will focus on? Because it is like a "LSAT 101" kind of thing... that would probably be a waste of time for many of us who have already put in a lot of work.

edit: OK i just checked your website... $1100, haha, it was too good to be true. let me know if you're down to give it to me for free!
Very suspicious, lawyerly mind you have!

We're trying out something new, and we wouldn't charge folks to beta test it. It's just one lesson, about 1.5 hours. Tough to say whether it'd be too basic for you.

Gold

Post by 062914123 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:33 pm

Last edited by 062914123 on Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

outlookingin

Bronze

Post by outlookingin » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:01 pm

bee wrote:
Gisney wrote: Yea undisclosed means we just get our scores with no break down of what we missed. Which sucks cause if you end up wanting to retake you dont know which part of the test you didnt do as well as you normally do.

Also yea for you outlookin it wouldnt matter because all tests given overseas are undisclosed if I remember correctly frm when I was going to take it in country.

Also for Feb being harder, I have really never heard that other than as a comment on it being undisclosed. But as far as the "curve" (what you can miss and still get a 170) according to LSAT Blog`s website the toughest is June and the easiest is December. So Feb is in between.

@bee- your avatar is awesome :>)
The overseas LSATs are DEFINITELY undisclosed, I was going to take mines in Seoul and didn't for this reason... and now here I am taking the Feb LSATs, haha.

Also, thanks! All hail Miyazaki.
Miyazaki is great for sure, but other than having insight into what areas I messed up on and therefore not knowing how to improve if I need to re-take, what's the big deal with undisclosed test centers? I mean, even if I don't know how I messed up on that specific test, I'll still know what my weakest areas were going into the test based on PTs...

Are there any other reasons to avoid undisclosed test centers? (I will be able to preview my test center and even meet my proctor several months beforehand, so I don't think unfamiliarity or a hostile environment will be a problem.) Just curious, since I assume you must have some pretty good reasons as to why flying back home is a worthwhile investment.

Gisney

Bronze

Post by Gisney » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:35 pm

outlookingin wrote:
bee wrote:
Gisney wrote: Yea undisclosed means we just get our scores with no break down of what we missed. Which sucks cause if you end up wanting to retake you dont know which part of the test you didnt do as well as you normally do.

Also yea for you outlookin it wouldnt matter because all tests given overseas are undisclosed if I remember correctly frm when I was going to take it in country.

Also for Feb being harder, I have really never heard that other than as a comment on it being undisclosed. But as far as the "curve" (what you can miss and still get a 170) according to LSAT Blog`s website the toughest is June and the easiest is December. So Feb is in between.

@bee- your avatar is awesome :>)
The overseas LSATs are DEFINITELY undisclosed, I was going to take mines in Seoul and didn't for this reason... and now here I am taking the Feb LSATs, haha.

Also, thanks! All hail Miyazaki.
Miyazaki is great for sure, but other than having insight into what areas I messed up on and therefore not knowing how to improve if I need to re-take, what's the big deal with undisclosed test centers? I mean, even if I don't know how I messed up on that specific test, I'll still know what my weakest areas were going into the test based on PTs...

Are there any other reasons to avoid undisclosed test centers? (I will be able to preview my test center and even meet my proctor several months beforehand, so I don't think unfamiliarity or a hostile environment will be a problem.) Just curious, since I assume you must have some pretty good reasons as to why flying back home is a worthwhile investment.
Okay I dont know what you mean by undisclosed test centers, it is not because of specific centers. Its an undisclosed test in Feb. No matter if you are in the states to take it then it is still undisclsed and for abroad its always undisclosed for every month offered no matter what country you are in.

I am going home and taking it in Feb in the states because the LSAT is only offered here in OCT and I wasnt going to be ready by then. I could have taken the DEC one in Peru but I did not want to use my vacation days. I wanted to use all of them for when I went home. I havent seen home or my family in 20 months so I wanted the most out of it.

I cannot think of another disadvantage other than not knowing what exactly you missed. I mean yea you know yur weaknesses when you go in so it shouldnt be too important but if you do worse then you normally do you mig want to know why.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gold

Post by 062914123 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:43 pm

Last edited by 062914123 on Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeremydc

Bronze

Post by jeremydc » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:01 pm

Lets hope im not in here in a few weeks.

bernaldiaz

Gold

Post by bernaldiaz » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:28 pm

By undisclosed, do they mean we will not even see our answer sheet? Like will we not know in what sections we made our mistakes in? I don't really care about going over the actual test, but I want to know what section in general I struggled in if my score isn't where I want it to be. Also important about seeing our answer sheet is the chance of a bubbling error and having the possibility for a hand score?

Gisney

Bronze

Post by Gisney » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:59 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:By undisclosed, do they mean we will not even see our answer sheet? Like will we not know in what sections we made our mistakes in? I don't really care about going over the actual test, but I want to know what section in general I struggled in if my score isn't where I want it to be. Also important about seeing our answer sheet is the chance of a bubbling error and having the possibility for a hand score?
With undisclosed all you get is your score. It will not tell you what you missed or in what section. For misbubbling, you can still ask for a hand scoring but you do not get to see your answer sheet so asking would jst be wishful thinking on your part.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bernaldiaz

Gold

Post by bernaldiaz » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:01 am

Gisney wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:By undisclosed, do they mean we will not even see our answer sheet? Like will we not know in what sections we made our mistakes in? I don't really care about going over the actual test, but I want to know what section in general I struggled in if my score isn't where I want it to be. Also important about seeing our answer sheet is the chance of a bubbling error and having the possibility for a hand score?
With undisclosed all you get is your score. It will not tell you what you missed or in what section. For misbubbling, you can still ask for a hand scoring but you do not get to see your answer sheet so asking would jst be wishful thinking on your part.
Damn that's a bit disappointing. If they don't release the test, I don't see any harm in at least letting us see our answer sheets. It's not like anyone would be able to reproduce anything from that, plus we would be able to know what our section break down is. Blah. Well I guess to eliminate the ambiguity I'll just have to get a 180.

willwash

Bronze

Post by willwash » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:47 am

2 LG sections tonight, -0 on the first and -2 on the second. Encouraging results, if I say so myself. Probably going to hit LG plus LR some more tomorrow and do PT 63 later this weekend.

outlookingin

Bronze

Post by outlookingin » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:06 am

bernaldiaz wrote:
Gisney wrote:
Damn that's a bit disappointing. If they don't release the test, I don't see any harm in at least letting us see our answer sheets. It's not like anyone would be able to reproduce anything from that, plus we would be able to know what our section break down is. Blah. Well I guess to eliminate the ambiguity I'll just have to get a 180.

OK cool thanks Gisney and Bee for weighing in, that clears things up for me. I actually did not know what undisclosed really meant I guess. But whatever, I'm still taking it in-country. So as Bernal said... we'd better just crush it the first time around.

Gold

Post by 062914123 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:12 am

Last edited by 062914123 on Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gisney

Bronze

Post by Gisney » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:56 pm

willwash wrote:2 LG sections tonight, -0 on the first and -2 on the second. Encouraging results, if I say so myself. Probably going to hit LG plus LR some more tomorrow and do PT 63 later this weekend.
Great job Will! Good luck with 63 :)

Gisney

Bronze

Post by Gisney » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:01 pm

bee wrote:
outlookingin wrote:OK cool thanks Gisney and Bee for weighing in, that clears things up for me. I actually did not know what undisclosed really meant I guess. But whatever, I'm still taking it in-country. So as Bernal said... we'd better just crush it the first time around.
Here's to hoping *sweatdrop*
We got this!

Gisney

Bronze

Post by Gisney » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:15 pm

Did PT 43 this morning. Ran into the same problem

RC: -2
LR1: -2
LR2: -6
LG: -1

Raw: 90
Scaled: 171

So random dip in a different section. I am thinking it is a mental stamina thing. It keeps being section 3 or 4. I did not have this problem with PT 40 bc I took a long break btw sec 2 and 3. I am hoping this will improve with practice.

willwash

Bronze

Post by willwash » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:44 pm

LG x 2 sections again tonight. -2 on both. I'm feeling recovered from my -8 the other night. I'm thinking about doing PT 60 tonight as well...I'm 28 years old and married with kids anyway, so I miss nothing WRT a Saturday night. :roll:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

willwash

Bronze

Post by willwash » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:36 am

Good lord the horror stories coming from the December takers are awful. So many people talking about cancelling. I won't have the option to cancel as I'm going on deployment in March and not coming back until mid October, by which point my apps will all be in already.

bob-loblaw

New

Post by bob-loblaw » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:49 am

jeremydc wrote:Lets hope im not in here in a few weeks.
+1 but have a feeling that I will be. Third time's the charm... fml

Gold

Post by 062914123 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:52 am

Last edited by 062914123 on Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jasper21

New

Post by Jasper21 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:15 am

Are any of you applying for fall 2012? If so, have you already submitted apps and are retaking in february?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

willwash

Bronze

Post by willwash » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:26 am

Jasper21 wrote:Are any of you applying for fall 2012? If so, have you already submitted apps and are retaking in february?
I'm applying for the 2013 cycle here. Can't speak for anyone else.

Gold

Post by 062914123 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:00 pm

Last edited by 062914123 on Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ngogirl

Bronze

Post by ngogirl » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:04 pm

Hi guys,

December retaker here. I purchased the Cambridge LR bundle and have a cutefile online printer which converts the files into pdf's for me. Unfortunately, half of the files are 1/4 or not even half of the problems that I need.

Did other people convert these into PDF's or print straight from the printer? Please let me know what you did...

Thanks!!

naillsat

Bronze

Post by naillsat » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:21 pm

what is the MBT drilling you guys are talking about? is it some kind of categorized LR book? If so, where can I buy it? thanks

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”