February 2012 LSAT Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
etrelles

New

Re: February 2012 LSAT Study Group

Post by etrelles » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:48 pm

What other games were on the LG section with cats? I remember short/long commercials, selection of clients for a law firm, and baseball fields. I'm trying to decipher which of the two LG sections was my experimental...bombed one of them.

hooma

Bronze

Post by hooma » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:58 pm

etrelles wrote:What other games were on the LG section with cats? I remember short/long commercials, selection of clients for a law firm, and baseball fields. I'm trying to decipher which of the two LG sections was my experimental...bombed one of them.
Yes short/long commercials, no law firm clients, no baseball fields

FSK405K

New

Post by FSK405K » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:14 pm

Apartments with cats/"pets" was on the real LG, as well as long v. short commercials. I had that as section 1, did well, and was glad to not have any other LG sections.

I had RC as sections 3 and 4. Given that as of Dec that section 4 can be experimental, can someone who only had one RC indicate which topics were scored? I remember a dual-passage on publicly financed art, mathematical v. experimental physics, ...blank mind. What topics were in the sole RC?

shempskidd

New

Post by shempskidd » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:17 pm

FSK405K wrote:Apartments with cats/"pets" was on the real LG, as well as long v. short commercials. I had that as section 1, did well, and was glad to not have any other LG sections.

I had RC as sections 3 and 4. Given that as of Dec that section 4 can be experimental, can someone who only had one RC indicate which topics were scored? I remember a dual-passage on publicly financed art, mathematical v. experimental physics, ...blank mind. What topics were in the sole RC?
For RC, I had argument over public funded art, I think, as one.

Kafka

New

Post by Kafka » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:27 pm

Anyone remember that question about some technology institute and plumbing in one of the LR sections? That was hard as balls.

And that "regime" question (from the Bankruptcy passage) was so wack. Honestly, like three of the answer choices could have been correct for that question.

LG was pretty tough. I guessed the last four on the Nonstop/Layover game.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

FSK405K

New

Post by FSK405K » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:45 pm

Kafka wrote:Anyone remember that question about some technology institute and plumbing in one of the LR sections? That was hard as balls.

And that "regime" question (from the Bankruptcy passage) was so wack. Honestly, like three of the answer choices could have been correct for that question.

I only had one LG, and don't recall anything about layovers, so looks like you've been experimentaled. And ya, bankruptcy law (traditional v. modern methods)...was that on everyone's? I had an extra RC.

shempskidd

New

Post by shempskidd » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:45 pm

FSK405K wrote:
Kafka wrote:Anyone remember that question about some technology institute and plumbing in one of the LR sections? That was hard as balls.

I only had one LG, and don't recall anything about layovers, so looks like you've been experimentaled. And ya, bankruptcy law (traditional v. modern methods)...was that on everyone's? I had an extra RC.
That was the real RC.

krisi

New

Post by krisi » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:09 pm

Yes, I do remember a question about plumbing. I had three logical reasoning sections and still trying to figure out which one was the experimental. I think though that some of us could have gotten the same experimental ones so it is hard to say.

I think I completely bombed the logic games section. I usually get all four games right. However, this time I missed a question on the first game, did not complete the last two on the second (with educated guesses on the questions before this), third one I think that I did only one still my mind being frozen from the second one. T
he fourth game was a breeze. I set up limited options and did it in four minutes. How do the others feel about the games? Which one was hardest?

I am still wondering whether to cancel.

unitball

New

Post by unitball » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:53 pm

pretty sure the answer to the regime question was "system".

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Fyo'Couch

Bronze

Post by Fyo'Couch » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:56 pm

Kafka wrote: And that "regime" question (from the Bankruptcy passage) was so wack. Honestly, like three of the answer choices could have been correct for that question.
"system"

ross1004

New

Post by ross1004 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:03 pm

Fyo'Couch wrote:
Kafka wrote: And that "regime" question (from the Bankruptcy passage) was so wack. Honestly, like three of the answer choices could have been correct for that question.
"system"
I definitely thought it was system. In order to answer that question, I reread the sentence and thought about what alternative phrase would make the most sense and independently came to the conclusion that the word would be system before I even looked at the answer choices.

Fyo'Couch

Bronze

Post by Fyo'Couch » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:20 pm

ross1004 wrote:
Fyo'Couch wrote:
"system"
I definitely thought it was system. In order to answer that question, I reread the sentence and thought about what alternative phrase would make the most sense and independently came to the conclusion that the word would be system before I even looked at the answer choices.
This question was a perfect example of how pre-phasing comes in handy for RC. I thought "system" before even looking at the answer choices and thankfully it was one of them.

justbubbles

Bronze

Post by justbubbles » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:37 pm

ross1004 wrote:
Fyo'Couch wrote:
"system"
I think "system" was a popular choice, but I don't think this might have been the answer. I picked "system" and then re-bubbled my choice to "law".

I'll tell you guys why I did this (read - my opinion).

Many would think "regime" would be "government" (one of the answer choices!), but definitely not in this context. What I think many might have missed was this - the word "regime" appears in two places. 1. Up in the Jackson's view of the traditional system where liquidation favours the creditors; and then during Krantiz's (whatever his name) in the last paragraph (the criticisms), that the question refereed to.

If the regime was akin to "system" then it would adhere to a set of procedures - but combing the notion that the word regime was used TWICE by both the opposing views (Jackson and K), it was alluding to a set of laws - because the whole crux of the passage was the reform in bankruptcy laws, from the traditional to modern.

That's how at least I interpreted it. I guess we'll never know given that Februry was an undisclosed test. :(

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ross1004

New

Post by ross1004 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:54 pm

justbubbles wrote:
ross1004 wrote:
Fyo'Couch wrote:
"system"
I think "system" was a popular choice, but I don't think this might have been the answer. I picked "system" and then re-bubbled my choice to "law".

Many would think "regime" would be "government" (one of the answer choices!), but definitely not in this context. What I think many might have missed was this - the word "regime" appears in two places. 1. Up in the Jackson's view of the traditional system where liquidation favours the creditors; and then during Krantiz's (whatever his name) in the last paragraph (the criticisms), that the question refereed to.

If the regime was akin to "system" then it would adhere to a set of procedures - but combing the notion that the word regime was used TWICE by both the opposing views (Jackson and K), it was alluding to a set of laws - because the whole crux of the passage was the reform in bankruptcy laws, from the traditional to modern.

That's how at least I interpreted it. I guess we'll never know given that Februry was an undisclosed test. :(
I think though that the question asked us exclusively what the phrase meant in the last paragraph rather than how it was used throughout the passage.

FinallyGoing

Bronze

Post by FinallyGoing » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:20 pm

^^

Credited. Further more at the point in which one has to go to great lengths to justify an response, I usually find the response to be not credited. Too bad we'll never know.

shempskidd

New

Post by shempskidd » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:29 pm

justbubbles wrote:
ross1004 wrote:
Fyo'Couch wrote:
"system"

I fear you over-thought this question. Also, may I ask how you had enough time to do all this analytical research for one multiple choice question?

justbubbles

Bronze

Post by justbubbles » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:42 pm

This "regime" question was actually # 2 or # 3 in the bankruptcy passage, so my memory was still fresh.

I usually underline/highlight as I read the passages and it just struck me that Jackson had also alluded to the term "regime" in the first para - even though the question specifically asked to refer to "regime" in line 51 or whatever (last para).

This question was kinda like the classic RC type where they ask you interpret words in a context or the author's attitude through one-word answer choices... most of the times I get it it right through a "reflex thinking", but here I just boiled it down to two - regime = "system" or "law".

I picked "system" at first and then changed it to "law". I guess we'll never know (unless this passage appears on a future disclosed RC passage, by which point most of us won't care... haha) :D

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

FinallyGoing

Bronze

Post by FinallyGoing » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:56 pm

justbubbles wrote:This "regime" question was actually # 2 or # 3 in the bankruptcy passage, so my memory was still fresh.

I usually underlined/highlight as I read the passages and it just struck me that Jackson had also alluded to the term "regime" in the first para - even though the question specifically asked to refer to "regime" in line 51 or whatever (last para).

This question was kinda like the classic RC type where they ask you interpret words in a context or the author's attitude through one-word answer choices... most of the times I get it it right through a "reflex thinking", but here I just boiled it down to two - regime = "system" or "law".

I picked "system" at first and then changed it to "law". I guess we'll never know (unless this passage is repeated in a later disclosed RC passage, by which point most of us won't care... haha) :D

Shouldn't have changed it. Do a quick google about the word regime in the context of law. :/

Edit: specifically bankruptcy law..

http://www.law.gmu.edu/assets/files/pub ... /07-09.pdf

"First, it summarizes the American bankruptcy law legal regime...."

Robinson

New

Post by Robinson » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:11 pm

What does it mean if i had two LG sections with the four real logic games spread out between the two and intermixed with experimental games, i.e. colored ball stacking.

justbubbles

Bronze

Post by justbubbles » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:42 pm

FinallyGoing wrote: Shouldn't have changed it. Do a quick google about the word regime in the context of law. :/

Edit: specifically bankruptcy law..

http://www.law.gmu.edu/assets/files/pub ... /07-09.pdf

"First, it summarizes the American bankruptcy law legal regime...."
Oh well, it's all done and over with now! Hopefully karma works out in my favour with some of the other "guesses" I made. :lol:
Robinson wrote:What does it mean if i had two LG sections with the four real logic games spread out between the two and intermixed with experimental games, i.e. colored ball stacking.
One LG was the experimental. No LSAT can have two LGs or RCs that is counted towards your score.

The LG with the interviews, apartments/pets, long-short commercials and Wed/Fri morning/afternoon was real.

MBshine22

New

Post by MBshine22 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:52 pm

1) "System" was absolutely correct.

2) What do u guys think the word 'catalogue' was intended to mean in the last paragraph of the exp/math physics passage?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bernaldiaz

Gold

Post by bernaldiaz » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:04 pm

justbubbles wrote:This "regime" question was actually # 2 or # 3 in the bankruptcy passage, so my memory was still fresh.

I usually underline/highlight as I read the passages and it just struck me that Jackson had also alluded to the term "regime" in the first para - even though the question specifically asked to refer to "regime" in line 51 or whatever (last para).

I picked "system" at first and then changed it to "law". I guess we'll never know (unless this passage appears on a future disclosed RC passage, by which point most of us won't care... haha) :D
Was 100% system

FinallyGoing

Bronze

Post by FinallyGoing » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:34 pm

I've spoken to a friend who took the test on the other coast, he had double LG with 2 the LG's I had split between the two sections..WTFFFFFFFFFFFFF

MBshine22

New

Post by MBshine22 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:46 am

FinallyGoing wrote:I've spoken to a friend who took the test on the other coast, he had double LG with 2 the LG's I had split between the two sections..WTFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Come on now, you just took a reasoning test. We know for a fact that the graded sections are the same for everyone, so the situation u describe is impossible. I bet his memory is just jumbled from all that LSATing.

wisconsin2dc

New

Post by wisconsin2dc » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:21 am

Any help would be appreciated

I am trying to decide whether to cancel my scores or not (i'm heavily leaning towards canceling). I took the lsat in december got a 167 was disapointed as I was consitantly practicing 171-174. Just retook February felt really good on the whole test and then as I was finishing 5th section realized that I had answered 26 questions on the 1st section. I am pretty sure it was only 25 questions, but i had 26 lines filled out, did not skip any. The breakdown of my test was LR-LG-LR-LR-RC. The first question in the first section (the one i think i screwed up on) was about organic apples. I was wondering if any of you could tell me a. if this was the experimental (I do not think it was but just holding out hope), b. if there were 26 questions.

I am probably going to cancel scores tomorrow or the next day, I just really do not want to have to take it again in June, especially because I felt really good about the test as a whole. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thank you

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”