"substitute a rule" questions in LG

calidancer2

"substitute a rule" questions in LG

Postby calidancer2 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:26 pm

Any ideas how to tackle these? I've seen them pop up in PTs fairly consistently since 2005ish, and I just do. not. get it. I normally go -0 to -2 on LG sections, and any question I miss is usually this one. Anyone have any advice? I just can't seem to wrap my brain around these, and would love to snag that extra point so I can balance it out with my "gonna-miss-at-least-a-few-" LR sections. When I saw it on the Oct LSAT, I think my face probably looked like a FFFUUUUU face.

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Re: "substitute a rule" questions in LG

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:44 pm

People are using different terms for rule change/substitution questions. I think you're asking about the ones we call rule equivalency questions.

We wrote a white paper you can read on this. Look for "Rule Equivalency Bonus Chapter" here: http://www.manhattanlsat.com/training-center.cfm

I hope that helps.

calidancer2

Postby calidancer2 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:42 pm

Manhattan LSAT Noah wrote:People are using different terms for rule change/substitution questions. I think you're asking about the ones we call rule equivalency questions.

We wrote a white paper you can read on this. Look for "Rule Equivalency Bonus Chapter" here: http://www.manhattanlsat.com/training-center.cfm

I hope that helps.

Ah, yes! That's exactly what I'm talking about. Thanks so much, Noah! What a great resource.

tomwatts

Postby tomwatts » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:17 pm

Various discussions also here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=147353

willwash

Postby willwash » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:30 am

These questions are so ridiculously hard that I've just been bubbling "C" the instant I see it, and putting the extra 2 minutes in the bank for later. If I have some time left over I'll come back to it but I hardly ever do.

EDIT: Sometimes it really is better to be lucky than good.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”