one month expectations

sportgirl234

one month expectations

Postby sportgirl234 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:19 am

i am finally breaking into the 160s after a month and a half prep for the dec lsat i got -14 lr -4 rc and -4 lg on the dec 06 exam ...just wondering what a realistic improvement expectation for this month is? has anyone been in a simillar situation? ideally i would love to get lr under -10 but am still working out strategies for certain question types

thanks!

LexLeon

Re: one month expectations

Postby LexLeon » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:13 pm

You're doing great. To get your LR under -10 within a month is very realistic.

Just do section after section; you'll see the patterns and naturally become much better at LR. You need not even do a whole section: just do the first 10 questions in 10 minutes. You should nail these, because they're usually relatively easy. Great quick practice. Then do the next 15 when you have more time and focus. Carry an exam or a section around in your backpack.

The amount of question types is pretty finite (I'm sure you're familiar with them already). So, for most of the questions, you should be quite ready for what they're about the throw at you. There are of course a few that are exceptionally hard and used to differentiate the top 1% of test takers from one another. In time, LR will be so second nature to you that you'll be able to nail these as well.

Remember that each incorrect answer is demonstrably incorrect. If stuck on a question, you (personally, you) have the ability to narrow it down to about 2 and at most 3 answer choices. If you've been practicing, you'll see why those incorrect ones are plainly false.

I got the same raw score as you on the last practice exam I took (mid September); I've been practicing on and off but my LR now is ~-3 a section.

I plan on studying hard this week. I'm taking a test (likely one from the 40's) this coming Sunday and intend to score 170.

Keep up the good work!

Alex

sportgirl234

Re: one month expectations

Postby sportgirl234 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:20 pm

thank you so much - this really made me feel confident!! i will keep drilling - good luck i know we will both do great in december

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”