Study schedule question: Individual sections vs. whole tests

TRex77
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:27 am

Study schedule question: Individual sections vs. whole tests

Postby TRex77 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:05 am

So I am done with my prep course and will be just doing tests for the next 3 weeks.

Would it be more beneficial to do 1-2 sections on the week days then a full test on both Saturday or Sunday...

or

would it be better to take 3-4 full tests a week and give myself a couple breaks/more time to review tests during the week?

ExcelBaller
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Study schedule question: Individual sections vs. whole tests

Postby ExcelBaller » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:50 pm

I've been Thinking the same thing. With my schedule i Decided to do 4 5 section tests and spend the rest of time drilling. Depends on your workload but I am literally at school work or library every single day do I can't do more tests.

iamrobk
Posts: 485
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: Study schedule question: Individual sections vs. whole tests

Postby iamrobk » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:53 pm

My general strategy was to do 1-2 full tests a week (generally on the weekends, sometimes one during the week if I had time) and a section at least every other day, in addition to reading through the Powerscore Bibles. Then the last week before the test I took a full test every day except one, I think.

User avatar
willwash
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:51 pm

Re: Study schedule question: Individual sections vs. whole tests

Postby willwash » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:03 pm

I used to carry around my binder full of practice LSATS to class with me. After one class ended, I'd go to the next class and usually had at least 10 minutes to wait for class to start. I'd give myself 8:45 to do one LG while waiting for class to start.

User avatar
Maye
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:42 pm

Re: Study schedule question: Individual sections vs. whole tests

Postby Maye » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:44 am

i do sections during the week, usually focusing on types of questions i miss (full sections of games, or assumption questions, or whatever), and then i do full tests on the weekends. but no matter what i make a point to do at least one full section if i don't have time for a test or hardcore studying that day.

TRex77
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:27 am

Re: Study schedule question: Individual sections vs. whole tests

Postby TRex77 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:59 pm

ExcelBaller wrote:I've been Thinking the same thing. With my schedule i Decided to do 4 5 section tests and spend the rest of time drilling. Depends on your workload but I am literally at school work or library every single day do I can't do more tests.


What do you mean by drilling?

User avatar
Maye
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:42 pm

Re: Study schedule question: Individual sections vs. whole tests

Postby Maye » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:38 pm

TRex77 wrote:
ExcelBaller wrote:I've been Thinking the same thing. With my schedule i Decided to do 4 5 section tests and spend the rest of time drilling. Depends on your workload but I am literally at school work or library every single day do I can't do more tests.


What do you mean by drilling?

Drilling the same type of question, typically types you usually get wrong--100 must be true questions, for example.

Just got through doing all the parallel/flaw/evaluate q's from PTs 52-61.

TRex77
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:27 am

Re: Study schedule question: Individual sections vs. whole tests

Postby TRex77 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:00 pm

Maye wrote:
TRex77 wrote:
ExcelBaller wrote:I've been Thinking the same thing. With my schedule i Decided to do 4 5 section tests and spend the rest of time drilling. Depends on your workload but I am literally at school work or library every single day do I can't do more tests.


What do you mean by drilling?

Drilling the same type of question, typically types you usually get wrong--100 must be true questions, for example.

Just got through doing all the parallel/flaw/evaluate q's from PTs 52-61.


oh damn that is a good idea. Since I finished my test prep i really havn't figured out how to go about working on my weaknesses...

Incubateus
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:23 pm

Re: Study schedule question: Individual sections vs. whole tests

Postby Incubateus » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:15 pm

My biggest gains came from 1-2 timed sections per night. This was after killing myself with PTs and a course and a tutor. I gained about 6 points from the course and tutor but just doing the 1-2 per night for a week and a half got me another 4 points. Also the biggest common factor I've seen take people from the low 160s to the 170s was that they did 1-2 timed sections per day (with an emphasis on their weaknesses, which was usually RC or LG).

User avatar
Maye
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:42 pm

Re: Study schedule question: Individual sections vs. whole tests

Postby Maye » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:57 pm

TRex77 wrote:
Maye wrote:
TRex77 wrote:
ExcelBaller wrote:I've been Thinking the same thing. With my schedule i Decided to do 4 5 section tests and spend the rest of time drilling. Depends on your workload but I am literally at school work or library every single day do I can't do more tests.


What do you mean by drilling?

Drilling the same type of question, typically types you usually get wrong--100 must be true questions, for example.

Just got through doing all the parallel/flaw/evaluate q's from PTs 52-61.


oh damn that is a good idea. Since I finished my test prep i really havn't figured out how to go about working on my weaknesses...

It's very helpful. I went through my PTs and categorized all the question types that I got wrong. Then I went through the tests and made a little answer sheet on word and did them. The whole process is pretty time consuming and makes you really focus on the test imo, which I find really useful as well.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandros, bcapace, BobBoblaw, harveybirdman502, xtremenite and 16 guests