PT-ing for Dec retake, which tests to use?

brotoss

PT-ing for Dec retake, which tests to use?

Postby brotoss » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:06 pm

I'm planning on retaking in December and want to focus on practice testing, because I only did about 5 for the October test. Given that I have time for about 15-20 practice tests before Dec., which ones should I use? Should I just go about 20 behind from Oct 2011 and go from there? I plan on doing a PT about every other day with review of the PT in between days with some drilling on weaknesses. Thanks for the advice.

twykim

Re: PT-ing for Dec retake, which tests to use?

Postby twykim » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:21 pm

If you do not mind me asking, what did you receive this past october? I feel like at least for me, my biggest score improvements came when I identified my weaknesses and drilled those areas, making sure I sufficiently went over every question I answered incorrectly.

Before I changed my strategy I think I approached the LSAT with the wrong mentality. I thought that exposure was key so I started to take an LSAT each day, sometimes two a day, for almost a month. I realized that this was not working when I took the same PT a month later (actually by accident) and received nearly the same score the 2nd time around. The crazy thing was that I got pretty much the same questions wrong both times around. This confirmed that I did not understand the question types sufficiently and that I did not do the most important thing with PTing, which was reviewing incorrect answers.

After I changed my strategy I personally went from averaging about -8 per LR sections to averaging -2.

But I guess another issue would be the amount of time you have for PTing, seeing how you are trying to retake 2 months after your 1st one...

Anyway, good luck with the studying and I hope you get the score increase you want this December!

brotoss

Re: PT-ing for Dec retake, which tests to use?

Postby brotoss » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:39 pm

Thanks for the reply. I scored a 154, which was lower than I was PTing at. I took a powerscore course and feel like I understand all of the question types and such, I feel like I just need more exposure to practice tests and review of them to see where I'm getting things wrong and why.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”