Wait another cycle, retake, and ED next fall?

twykim

Wait another cycle, retake, and ED next fall?

Postby twykim » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:05 pm

1-2 years out of undergrad. 3.84 GPA at large public university.
1st lsat was 162 (December 2010) and retake was 169 (October 2011).

I was debating whether to take my chances and retake a 3rd and final time in June. Leading up to the October test I was PTing at 172-176.
In both my PTs and the two actual LSATs that I have taken, the area I have consistently lost the greatest amount of points on was reading comp.

After receiving the 162 senior year of college I realized that I did not master each type of reasoning question sufficiently so I buckled down and drilled
by question type. Unlike the October retake I felt a lot more comfortable during the reasoning sections and managed to do quite well on those sections. Thankfully games have been my strongest section from the start so I have had the opportunity to focus mostly on the other 2 sections...

However, I got -6 on the reading comp section this past October. I feel like this was about the average # of incorrect responses I had during my PTing as well.
Of the three types of sections I know RC is by far the hardest to improve on so I was wondering if you guys thought it was in my best interest to wait this cycle, drill RC extensively, and take another crack at the LSAT this coming June.

Thoughts? Thanks.

bk1

Re: Wait another cycle, retake, and ED next fall?

Postby bk1 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:28 pm

I would retake. A 170+ will help you to start netting scholarship money at T14's. Because of that, if you improve I see no reason to ED next cycle. Maybe if you didn't improve there would be a case for ED'ing.

My best suggestion for you is to still apply this cycle and also retake in June. Then in July decide whether your LSAT score makes you want to reapply or whether your results from this cycle are sufficient enough to forego reapplying. Also, some schools accept and/or give scholarship $ based on the June LSAT (I know they did last cycle).

dietcoke0

Postby dietcoke0 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:35 pm

You're already out of school, so probably have a job. Work another year, get your 176+ cash in at a t14 school with some money, or a t25 with full ride, ???, millionaire

GirlStop

Postby GirlStop » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:16 pm

Question: How early can we start applying for Fall 2013?

happyshapy

Postby happyshapy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:52 pm

GirlStop wrote:Question: How early can we start applying for Fall 2013?

september 2012

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”