Soul Searching

barbizon

Soul Searching

Postby barbizon » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:14 pm

All right, so I've score 160 (October 2010) and 161 (October 2011), yet I was scoring around 165 quite consistently on my PT's. I'm going on a trip to New York soon, and I'll only have enough time to dust off the rust and take another ten PT's before the December LSAT. I want to get my applications in now, but I'm thinking of retaking and if I get a better score, updating my application.

Does it look bad to retake three times?
Do you think ten pts is enough to improve my score?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

zdamico

Re: Soul Searching

Postby zdamico » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:24 pm

Can you give a little more info?

Where did you lose points on the actual test compared to your PTs? Did you have issues with time? Did you know you underperformed on test day?

Also, how have you been doing PTs? Have you been doing 4 or 5 sections, strictly timed or no?

barbizon

Postby barbizon » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:33 pm

This kid that was sitting next to me kept snorting and sniffling loudly and obnoxiously until I threw my packet tissues of him. Because of this, I didn't do very well on my first LR and didn't finish, which is usually my strongest section. Because of that, I do feel that I didn't perform as well as I would have.

However, I was only PTing with 4 sections, so I do need to take that into account.

zdamico

Postby zdamico » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:38 pm

barbizon wrote:This kid that was sitting next to me kept snorting and sniffling loudly and obnoxiously until I threw my packet tissues of him. Because of this, I didn't do very well on my first LR and didn't finish, which is usually my strongest section. Because of that, I do feel that I didn't perform as well as I would have.

However, I was only PTing with 4 sections, so I do need to take that into account.

I would suggest signing up and try practicing PTs with 5 sections, putting in a random section, and not deciding which is unscored until after the test. Do that and hope for no distractions on test day. Good Luck!

Make sure you get all your apps in now and just check that you're re-taking.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:42 pm

I would suggest PTing in a distracting environment until it doesn't bother you. When I was studing for last October, I got to the point where I could actually follow the plot of a TV show while doing a PT and my score wouldn't suffer. PT with people around making noise.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”