Fools Gold or Legit improvement?

mikeh

Fools Gold or Legit improvement?

Postby mikeh » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:08 pm

Hi guys, I took the October LSAT and I am retaking it in December. I have pretty much used up all PTs from 30-63 the first time around and I just resumed my prep a week ago after three weeks off. My scores have improved quite a bit especially for LR. As I do these PTs over again, I come accross some questions that I remember. However, I still go through the steps. After three weeks off, I feel like things are finally sinking in and I am putting them to use more consistently. The problems are making sense and I am linking things up much quicker than before my break. Of course, I want to keep myself grounded because of the fact that I have done these PTs before. Is this improvement or just fools gold? Has anyone gone through similar things during their prep? If so, please share.

zdamico

Re: Fools Gold or Legit improvement?

Postby zdamico » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:25 pm

What does the jump in your scores look like?

Want_My_Life_Back

Postby Want_My_Life_Back » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:36 pm

This was my concern while studying for the October test. I scored a 165 in June and after a few weeks got back into the swing of things. I was averaging 178 on PTs, but was concerned that it was not a true indicator of how I would do. In some ways I think I was right; I ended up scoring a 174. I know I'm fully capable of 178+ but there is an ease in emotion that comes with retaking the same test even if you don't specifically recall any of the questions. My advice, don't worry about it. Keep up with what you are doing and make sure you tear into each test after you've taken it so that you fully understand why each wrong AC is wrong and why only the credited AC is right.
Good luck.
Last edited by Want_My_Life_Back on Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikeh

Postby mikeh » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:37 pm

zdamico wrote:What does the jump in your scores look like?

LG and RC are pretty close to what I was scoring before, although my LG is usually at 0 or -1. RC maybe a point or two up. LR is where I have bumped like 3 pts each section. It's LR that I am worried about.

mikeh

Postby mikeh » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:40 pm

Want_My_Life_Back wrote:This was my concern while studying for the October test. I scored a 165 in June and after a few weeks got back into the swing of things. I was averaging 178 on PTs, but was concerned that it was not a true indicator of how I would do. In some ways I think I was right; I ended up scoring a 174. I know I'm fully capable of 178+ but there is an ease in emotion that comes with retaking the same test even if you don't specifically recall any of the questions. My advice, don't worry about it. Keep up with what you are doing and make sure you tear into each test after you've taken it so that you fully understand why each wrong AC is wrong and why only the credited AC is right.
Good luck.

Thanks, I appreciate it. Another fellow here advised me to create a template, which is extremely helpful. I am starting to see patterns, which makes my job a lot easier. I didn't wholeheartedly go over PTs before October, but that was a mistake that I am not going to make again. By the way, 165 to 174 is a huge jump so hats off to ya brother!

mikeh

Postby mikeh » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:54 pm

Bump, anyone else?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”