taking simulated PT on weekday nights, a bad idea?

naillsat

taking simulated PT on weekday nights, a bad idea?

Postby naillsat » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:31 am

i work full time from 9 - 5Mon thru Fri, so i only have time to study LSAT at night and all day on weekends. for the month of November, i want do simulated PT as many as possible and deep review only. i still have the 12 newest PT untouched and want to take them all seriously. i wonder it would be a good idea to do pt after day work. maybe too tired to simulate? i will try taking 2 pt's on every following weekends. thanks

Killingly

Re: taking simulated PT on weekday nights, a bad idea?

Postby Killingly » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:33 am

I took PTs on weeknights after class and work. I think it helped my overall stamina. Try it out and see how you feel.

kahechsof

Postby kahechsof » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:36 am

I used to do them from 12-3 AM.

naillsat

Postby naillsat » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:43 am

kahechsof wrote:I used to do them from 12-3 AM.

sleep deprivation will make me perform poorly at job. my bed time is 12 at the latest. i think i will try between 8pm and 12am then.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:56 am

I always did really badly on my night PTs. It kinda discouraged me for the rest of my studying. Try to do one on Saturday and one on Sunday under exact LSAT conditions. Use the weekdays for question/game/passage drilling

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:37 am

Evening PTs didn't bother me, unless I did them RIGHT after work. I had to work out, eat dinner and/or watch TV for an hour first, or my brain wouldn't cooperate. If I had a little time to reboot before PTing, I was fine.

ruhl88

Postby ruhl88 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:23 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:I always did really badly on my night PTs. It kinda discouraged me for the rest of my studying. Try to do one on Saturday and one on Sunday under exact LSAT conditions. Use the weekdays for question/game/passage drilling

I agree with JamMasterJ. Weekdays should be devoted strictly to drilling games, passages, questions and reviews of PTs.

I am in the same position as you and PTing on weeknights is extremely exhausting after a full workday. I found that weekends are ideal for PTs for people that have full-time jobs. You should also note that your brain needs to get accustomed to taking the lsat in the morning.

Hope this helps!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”