How do I overcome fatigue?

fumagalli
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:36 am

How do I overcome fatigue?

Postby fumagalli » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:41 am

I believe fatigue is really cutting down my score. I can actually feel myself get tired during the end of section 2 and during section 3. I get tired again during section 4 and really phase in and out during section 5. (I'm taking 5 section tests these days)

Do you think taking 5 section (even 6 section) tests regularly will eventually help me with this problem? Or do I have to do something extra that I'm not doing right now?

Looking forward to your advice!

User avatar
naillsat
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:48 pm

Re: How do I overcome fatigue?

Postby naillsat » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:21 am

i find regular workout (like jogging or strength training) helps me stay consistently focused. some people i know drink espresso to stay alert.

American_in_China
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:19 pm

Re: How do I overcome fatigue?

Postby American_in_China » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:33 am

I did three PTs of 8 sections, with a 10 minute break after #3 and 15 min after #6. Never felt fatigued on either of my real tests after doing that.

fumagalli
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:36 am

Re: How do I overcome fatigue?

Postby fumagalli » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:41 am

American_in_China wrote:I did three PTs of 8 sections, with a 10 minute break after #3 and 15 min after #6. Never felt fatigued on either of my real tests after doing that.


Wait, so you did 3 sections-10min break-3sections-15 min break - 2 sections? And you did that 3 times? And after that it was all good during the actual test?

fumagalli
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:36 am

Re: How do I overcome fatigue?

Postby fumagalli » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:11 am

Bump for more ideas plz.

User avatar
mattviphky
Posts: 1117
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: How do I overcome fatigue?

Postby mattviphky » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:22 am

just like physical workouts, mental workouts will build endurance. Just make sure you keep at it and your mind will be able handle more and more of a load. But, 5 hour energy is a good supplement

User avatar
danielhay11
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:32 pm

Re: How do I overcome fatigue?

Postby danielhay11 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:48 am

I drank half a 5 hour energy bottle before the test and drank the second half at the break. It definitely increased my focus - I was struggling with RC fatigue early in my studies and got a -1 on test day.

Caveat: simulate this before test day. You don't want to realize mid-test that your body has an awful reaction to energy supplements

American_in_China
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:19 pm

Re: How do I overcome fatigue?

Postby American_in_China » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:32 pm

fumagalli wrote:
American_in_China wrote:I did three PTs of 8 sections, with a 10 minute break after #3 and 15 min after #6. Never felt fatigued on either of my real tests after doing that.


Wait, so you did 3 sections-10min break-3sections-15 min break - 2 sections? And you did that 3 times? And after that it was all good during the actual test?


Correct. I came out of the June LSAT a little fatigued, but with no noticeable score drop (-2) on RC. On my October test, I was -0,-1,-1,-1. And I felt basically no fatigue in October. I also only slept 5 hours before June, but because of the lowered stress (I was already sitting on a 172), I got a full night before October.

oppotomus
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:55 pm

Re: How do I overcome fatigue?

Postby oppotomus » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:42 pm

--
Last edited by oppotomus on Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
RMstratosphere
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: How do I overcome fatigue?

Postby RMstratosphere » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:47 pm

Is this a joke?! How would you survive without the internet?

bruss
Posts: 470
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 3:58 am

Re: How do I overcome fatigue?

Postby bruss » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:11 pm

RMstratosphere wrote:Is this a joke?! How would you survive without the internet?

??

User avatar
lovejopd
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:00 pm

Re: How do I overcome fatigue?

Postby lovejopd » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:20 pm

I drink Monster :)

bruss
Posts: 470
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 3:58 am

Re: How do I overcome fatigue?

Postby bruss » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:46 pm

lovejopd wrote:I drink Monster :)


Same. So I can simulate test day, I get all the carbonation out then I poor it in a nestle water bottle. Then during my break I'm able to chug it.

User avatar
zdamico
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:57 pm

Re: How do I overcome fatigue?

Postby zdamico » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:08 pm

Two important :

1. Don't take any supplements your body isn't used to on or near test day. You don't want to mess with any potential negative reactions.

2. Don't go TOO hard, burnout on these tests is very real and happens very often. Take a few days off, develop a study schedule that isnt insanely brutal, and keep at it. Endurance will build.

As a side note: For me, endurance and concentration was much higher on test day, and I knew it would be. It was difficult slogging through PTs, feeling like its just PT after PT. But taking the actual test, you know its the last time you'll ever take it. 5 sections and you're done. That thought helped me keep focus and stamina.

Good luck!

User avatar
FantasticMrFox
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: How do I overcome fatigue?

Postby FantasticMrFox » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:43 pm

I like caffeine pills...

User avatar
lovejopd
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:00 pm

Re: How do I overcome fatigue?

Postby lovejopd » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:16 pm

Hey sorry to hijack the thread.
Q.Is the break always or exactly 10 minutes or it depends on the proctor? I do not know why I cannot find this on the LSAC or I miss something? :shock:

bruss
Posts: 470
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 3:58 am

Re: How do I overcome fatigue?

Postby bruss » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:30 pm

lovejopd wrote:Hey sorry to hijack the thread.
Q.Is the break always or exactly 10 minutes or it depends on the proctor? I do not know why I cannot find this on the LSAC or I miss something? :shock:


Its supposed to be 15mins, and yes it depends on the proctor. some ppl complain of getting only 7min

User avatar
lovejopd
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:00 pm

Re: How do I overcome fatigue?

Postby lovejopd » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:47 pm

bruss wrote:
lovejopd wrote:Hey sorry to hijack the thread.
Q.Is the break always or exactly 10 minutes or it depends on the proctor? I do not know why I cannot find this on the LSAC or I miss something? :shock:


Its supposed to be 15mins, and yes it depends on the proctor. some ppl complain of getting only 7min


Oh Thank you! :D

35min+35min+35min+15(break)+35min+35min+35min (Writing)

Is it correct?

Do you have any idea when the June test usually starts and ends? I know a admission ticket says no later than 12:30.

I want to know this because I want to study and prep during the exact time frame and avoid registering Spring class.

Is is safe to say that June tests approximately last for 4 hours(from 1pm to 5pm)? Sorry for dumb question. :oops:

User avatar
happyshapy
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:41 pm

Re: How do I overcome fatigue?

Postby happyshapy » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:07 am

lovejopd wrote:
bruss wrote:
lovejopd wrote:Hey sorry to hijack the thread.
Q.Is the break always or exactly 10 minutes or it depends on the proctor? I do not know why I cannot find this on the LSAC or I miss something? :shock:


Its supposed to be 15mins, and yes it depends on the proctor. some ppl complain of getting only 7min


Oh Thank you! :D

35min+35min+35min+15(break)+35min+35min+35min (Writing)

Is it correct?

Do you have any idea when the June test usually starts and ends? I know a admission ticket says no later than 12:30.

I want to know this because I want to study and prep during the exact time frame and avoid registering Spring class.

Is is safe to say that June tests approximately last for 4 hours(from 1pm to 5pm)? Sorry for dumb question. :oops:


No. even though it says it starts at 12:30 that just means you need to be at the test center by then. They usually take at least an hour, probably more, to get everyone in the room, check ids, read the instructions, fill out the scantron information, certifying statement, ect. I would say you'll get out at 6:30. For example when I took the October test I didn't start the first section until 10:00 am, and I didn't get out of the test center until 2:00 pm. I say 5 hours at the least and 7 hours at the most.

User avatar
lovejopd
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:00 pm

Re: How do I overcome fatigue?

Postby lovejopd » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:04 am

happyshapy wrote:
lovejopd wrote:
bruss wrote:
lovejopd wrote:Hey sorry to hijack the thread.
Q.Is the break always or exactly 10 minutes or it depends on the proctor? I do not know why I cannot find this on the LSAC or I miss something? :shock:


Its supposed to be 15mins, and yes it depends on the proctor. some ppl complain of getting only 7min


Oh Thank you! :D

35min+35min+35min+15(break)+35min+35min+35min (Writing)

Is it correct?

Do you have any idea when the June test usually starts and ends? I know a admission ticket says no later than 12:30.

I want to know this because I want to study and prep during the exact time frame and avoid registering Spring class.

Is is safe to say that June tests approximately last for 4 hours(from 1pm to 5pm)? Sorry for dumb question. :oops:


No. even though it says it starts at 12:30 that just means you need to be at the test center by then. They usually take at least an hour, probably more, to get everyone in the room, check ids, read the instructions, fill out the scantron information, certifying statement, ect. I would say you'll get out at 6:30. For example when I took the October test I didn't start the first section until 10:00 am, and I didn't get out of the test center until 2:00 pm. I say 5 hours at the least and 7 hours at the most.


Wow, Thank you. It really requires endurance and patience. I might feel like being kept in quarantine even though I will take my exam at my school :lol:

fumagalli
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:36 am

Re: How do I overcome fatigue?

Postby fumagalli » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:40 am

lovejopd wrote:Hey sorry to hijack the thread.
Q.Is the break always or exactly 10 minutes or it depends on the proctor? I do not know why I cannot find this on the LSAC or I miss something? :shock:

Why couldn't you just make your own thread???
I was so excited to see that I got so many replies but then realized half of it was related to your "how much time do we get for break?" question...jeeze

User avatar
lovejopd
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:00 pm

Re: How do I overcome fatigue?

Postby lovejopd » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:41 am

fumagalli wrote:
lovejopd wrote:Hey sorry to hijack the thread.
Q.Is the break always or exactly 10 minutes or it depends on the proctor? I do not know why I cannot find this on the LSAC or I miss something? :shock:

Why couldn't you just make your own thread???
I was so excited to see that I got so many replies but then realized half of it was related to your "how much time do we get for break?" question...jeeze


Sorry about that! :D

You still don't get the answer you want? I said drink Monster :lol:




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: HuntedUnicorn, jagerbom79, smashbash, xn3345 and 3 guests