December too early?

sharrin7

December too early?

Postby sharrin7 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:40 pm

I took the June test, did much lower than my PTs and have been contemplating a retake for a short while. However, I have not touched any LSAT prep since June until this past week when I retook the June test (one individual section per day, timed, -8 total). I feel comfortable with the major concepts on the test and recognize my mistakes pretty quickly. However, I donated my prep materials to a friend who goes to college far away.

Could I skate by with just the most recent LSAC preptest book? Is studying say 5-10 hrs a week up to the December test going to be enough to hit my old PT range of 168-173? Obviously, this is going to have a lot to do with the type of studying I do, plus learning ability, plus etc.

Anyone have any anecdotal evidence/advice/studying tips? I kind of need to decide by Monday...

Thanks!

sharrin7

Re: December too early?

Postby sharrin7 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:44 pm

hzp

Postby hzp » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:41 pm

To answer your question, yes. You will be able to go back to your old PT range by studying 5~10 hours a week. I took about two months off after the June test, and got back to my original pace pretty quickly after light reviewing.

I doubt, however, that would be enough to get you the scores you want on the December test. Scoring in that range on PTs didn't work for you the first time. Unless you figure out why that happened, and work to fix that problem, it's likely you'll score lower than your PT range again on the December test.

sharrin7

Postby sharrin7 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:27 pm

Thanks for the response. I know exactly what went wrong, and it was the simple misinterpretation of one game, which I went 0/6 on... had I gotten half of those right I would have been in my range... rather frustrating but not too difficult of an issue IMO.

fsuitw

Postby fsuitw » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:39 pm

Go for it, no risk no reward. It's been about a month since I touched anything (since oct 1) but I actually feel a little more fresh. My biggest mistake in the month leading up to the last test was going at it too hard and burning out. I would say take a dry PT and see where you are, you might be surprised.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”