Should a Freshman Undergrad Be Preparing for This Already

kahechsof

Re: Should a Freshman Undergrad Be Preparing for This Already

Postby kahechsof » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:56 am

ThreeRivers wrote:I didn't even know what the LSAT was when I was a freshman lol

edit: Actually I take that back, I knew 2 seniors who took it....

They ended up in Liberty and Cleveland State though... lol

Right. And don't they wish they had known that in freshman year, so they could have switched to a non law school track major.

ThreeRivers

Postby ThreeRivers » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:07 pm

kahechsof wrote:
ThreeRivers wrote:I didn't even know what the LSAT was when I was a freshman lol

edit: Actually I take that back, I knew 2 seniors who took it....

They ended up in Liberty and Cleveland State though... lol

Right. And don't they wish they had known that in freshman year, so they could have switched to a non law school track major.

Actually both are the 2 most cocky individuals I know and brag about being at those schools on FB all the time

Anyways I don't see the point of serious prepping this early... I believe prepping only works if you stay consistent (not study then take 4 months off). If the OP does this consistent prep that is worthwhile they'll be running out of materials before they take the test. If they don't study enough to run out they'll likely just be wasting their time / not really improving. He can do "background material" (Reading economist / taking logic classes) that help one with prep, but I really don't see much point in him studying the Bibles / taking prep tests at this point. I guess I could see him getting the oldest LG's (so he'll have a lot of new ones later) and try to become a LG monster.

I would recommend starting serious prep after sophomore year's summer and taking June LSAT after his junior year. Still far ahead of everyone else

AmandaPB

Postby AmandaPB » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:30 pm

Are you serious? No. I didn’t even start until Feb. of junior year.

danielhay11

Postby danielhay11 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:40 pm

Focus on your GPA. Don't even look at an LSAT book until the spring semester of your junior year. The LSAT is an entirely learnable test that you can prepare for in three months...but every grade you get between now and 2015 will affect your GPA.

And oh yeah, don't get a UA drinking violation.

kahechsof

Postby kahechsof » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:49 pm

danielhay11 wrote:Don't even look at an LSAT book until the spring semester of your junior year. The LSAT is an entirely learnable test that you can prepare for in three months

How can you say that? Most people on this site are killing themselves over the LSAT, and are not getting 170s.

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:50 pm

danielhay11 wrote:And oh yeah, don't get a UA drinking violation.

paul34

Postby paul34 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:06 pm

Last edited by paul34 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

desertlaw

Postby desertlaw » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:11 pm

if you know without a doubt that you want to go to law school and that you want to make law your career (and not have other skills to fall back on), then I'd suggest taking the easiest classes as possible. Talk to upper-classmen, use ratemyprof.com, and find any way to get into the classes that will get you the highest GPA possible. This is ALL that law schools care about other than your LSAT.

murray18

Postby murray18 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:31 pm

Definitely develop a backup plan though. Major in finance or something practical like that, take some logic classes and some upper level history classes and don't get in trouble. Hopefully, you'll develop some nice critical reading skills and you'll be prepared to do well on the lsat in june before your senior year. If not, you'll have plenty of time to retake or start interviewing for backup jobs. I'm sure you'll do well though. Totally wish I had my mind made up that early...

SoPro

Postby SoPro » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:54 pm

I started prepping my freshman year, but then again I graduated in 5 semesters. When do you plan on graduating?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”