173...retake?

redbullvodka
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:51 pm

173...retake?

Postby redbullvodka » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:03 pm

Got a 173, was PTing around 174-175. Have a 3.63 gpa from non-hyp ivy, want to know if my chances at CCN will be raised enough to take the risk of scoring lower, since I think LSAC always quotes that its in that 99% range that retakers tend to do worse. Thoughts? Thank you.

User avatar
lsatprepguy
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:04 am

Re: 173...retake?

Postby lsatprepguy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:04 pm

you were only one point below where you were PTing? Take your incredible score and run with it. I would say retaking would be a bad idea.

User avatar
Kabuo
Posts: 1114
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:53 am

Re: 173...retake?

Postby Kabuo » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:08 pm

Retaking is a stupid idea, especially since you have a very real risk of putting your apps on hold only to drop a point or two. You're already above their median. They don't care enough about the difference between a 173 and a 175.

vodkashot
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:18 pm

Re: 173...retake?

Postby vodkashot » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:22 pm

I agree with the posters above.....besides, applying ED would probably yield better results than a December retake.

User avatar
snailio
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:40 am

Re: 173...retake?

Postby snailio » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:25 pm

lsatprepguy wrote:you were only one point below where you were PTing? Take your incredible score and run with it. I would say retaking would be a bad idea.


Kabuo wrote:Retaking is a stupid idea, especially since you have a very real risk of putting your apps on hold only to drop a point or two. You're already above their median. They don't care enough about the difference between a 173 and a 175.


vodkashot wrote:I agree with the posters above.....besides, applying ED would probably yield better results than a December retake.




This

User avatar
Ocean64
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:53 pm

Re: 173...retake?

Postby Ocean64 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:59 pm

yeah, go ahead and retake and then come back and tell us how you did.



someone with such a score and that much greed deserves bad advice IMO.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: blumodernist, gwillygecko, Majestic-12 [Bot], packerboy31489, Pozzo, proteinshake and 26 guests