How big was your desk?

hulagirl808

How big was your desk?

Postby hulagirl808 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:41 pm

Just curious....what was the size of the desk that you've taken the lsat on? I arrived at U of Hawaii (the only testing location in my state) and was surprised to see that we were on those dinky chairs with a desk that flips over from the side. The dimensions seemed roughly 12 x 14 inches - just barely had enough room to fit my half folded test booklet on. My answer sheet had to go behind the booklet, and I had to shift it onto the desk every time I bubbled answers. Also, since I had to keep my eraser and extra pencils on my "desk," they were constantly falling off.

I had taken all of my PT's at a full sized desk, and had never heard from anyone to practice on a smaller space, so I felt a bit uncomfortable with the limited space. I don't think it affected my score much, because I ended up scoring my PT average on the nose. Still...every second counts, and I can't help but wonder if I could've done better if I'd just had a bit more space...

lulzalicious

Re: How big was your desk?

Postby lulzalicious » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:47 pm

Yea, I had the same bullshit at my test center. Although maybe even smaller than your desk, the folded test booklet still stuck out about 2 inches off the desk. Plus the little bit of desk there was was slanted so I couldnt keep anything on it lol.
Felt like Will Smith in Men In Black at that recruiting test...proctor wouldnt let me work at her biggg desk tho :lol:

--ImageRemoved--

ThreeRivers

Postby ThreeRivers » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:48 pm

I was actually worried about this, but mine was HUGE like extend arms as far across as possible type of size, so wasn't an issue for me

hulagirl808

Postby hulagirl808 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:58 pm

lulzalicious wrote:Yea, I had the same bullshit at my test center. Although maybe even smaller than your desk, the folded test booklet still stuck out about 2 inches off the desk. Plus the little bit of desk there was was slanted so I couldnt keep anything on it lol.
Felt like Will Smith in Men In Black at that recruiting test...proctor wouldnt let me work at her biggg desk tho :lol:

--ImageRemoved--

BWAAHAHHAHAA!!! omg...i had to pull up that scene. except it was less comedy and more tragedy for me, since i too couldn't use the proctor's desk. :roll:

watch it here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w67dhHLUK3M&feature=related

ThreeRivers wrote:I was actually worried about this, but mine was HUGE like extend arms as far across as possible type of size, so wasn't an issue for me

i'm not whining, but it does seem like an unfair advantage to those of us who had to fold booklets, move scantrons, and pick up pencils throughout the test. isn't the whole purpose of the standardized test for all conditions to be, well...standard? i think lsat should also make a minimum desk size mandatory for testing centers.

lulzalicious

Postby lulzalicious » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:08 pm

hulagirl808 wrote:
lulzalicious wrote:Yea, I had the same bullshit at my test center. Although maybe even smaller than your desk, the folded test booklet still stuck out about 2 inches off the desk. Plus the little bit of desk there was was slanted so I couldnt keep anything on it lol.

--ImageRemoved--

BWAAHAHHAHAA!!! omg...i had to pull up that scene. except it was less comedy and more tragedy for me, since i too couldn't use the proctor's desk. :roll:

watch it here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w67dhHLUK3M&feature=related

ThreeRivers wrote:I was actually worried about this, but mine was HUGE like extend arms as far across as possible type of size, so wasn't an issue for me

i'm not whining, but it does seem like an unfair advantage to those of us who had to fold booklets, move scantrons, and pick up pencils throughout the test. isn't the whole purpose of the standardized test is for all conditions to be, well...standard? i think lsat should also make a minimum desk size mandatory for testing centers.

I tried bringing this up at my center and the proctor told me that apparently according to the rules I was allowed to bring a huge board to put on the desk if it wasnt big enough. I dunno wtf that bullshit is though, I had an intl flight to my test center the night before, so even if I knew about being allowed to bring a huge fucking board to my test I prob wouldnt have brought one on the flight.

Maybe if you retake it at same center hulagirl you can take a few to your center, rent them out for some ca$h :lol:

hulagirl808

Postby hulagirl808 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:23 pm

lulzalicious wrote:I tried bringing this up at my center and the proctor told me that apparently according to the rules I was allowed to bring a huge board to put on the desk if it wasnt big enough. I dunno wtf that bullshit is though, I had an intl flight to my test center the night before, so even if I knew about being allowed to bring a huge fucking board to my test I prob wouldnt have brought one on the flight.

Maybe if you retake it at same center hulagirl you can take a few to your center, rent them out for some ca$h :lol:

WTF????!!! seriously? if i'd known that i would've forced my 13 yo bro into child labor to run a rental stand for me. there were at least 200 testers at my location and at $20 bucks a pop, i couldn've made a killing. i def would've paid $20 for a larger desk. shit, maybe i'll just quit my job and do that every semester.

lulzalicious

Postby lulzalicious » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:29 pm

hulagirl808 wrote:
lulzalicious wrote:I tried bringing this up at my center and the proctor told me that apparently according to the rules I was allowed to bring a huge board to put on the desk if it wasnt big enough. I dunno wtf that bullshit is though, I had an intl flight to my test center the night before, so even if I knew about being allowed to bring a huge fucking board to my test I prob wouldnt have brought one on the flight.

WTF????!!! seriously? if i'd known that i would've forced my 13 yo bro into child labor to run a rental stand for me. there were at least 200 testers at my location and at $20 bucks a pop, i couldn've made a killing. i def would've paid $20 for a larger desk. shit, maybe i'll just quit my job and do that every semester.

Yep, no one spends 3 months repeating Logic games and reading about Haraways unorthodox writing style to get fucked by a tiny desk. Id pay up for sure lol. Though, a true master of LSAT would be able to rock that thing on the back of a galloping horse at night, with one hand....just sayin..

tedler

Postby tedler » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:31 pm

Last edited by tedler on Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hulagirl808

Postby hulagirl808 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:24 am

tedler wrote:Had the tiny fold-out desks at my test center as well, although I knew that was going to be the case. Wish I had known I could bring a big board!

agreed. bigger is always better. especially when it comes to....desks.

ThreeRivers

Postby ThreeRivers » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:48 am

hulagirl808 wrote:
tedler wrote:Had the tiny fold-out desks at my test center as well, although I knew that was going to be the case. Wish I had known I could bring a big board!

agreed. bigger is always better. especially when it comes to....desks.

:shock:

paul34

Postby paul34 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:52 am

First time - huge. HUGE. And you got your own comfy, super adjustable office chair.

Second time - small. Those stupid folding desks with the fixed plastic buckets you sit in. Had to keep my answer sheet under my booklet, pull out, bubble two pages worth, then put it back and move on.

Both classrooms were in the same building, too, at the same test center.

Anyway, this is just a lesson that when you're prepping, prep for the worst case scenario and keep your practice bubble sheet under your "booklet" and practice for a potential space-restricted scenario.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”