Best school I can get into with a 169?

Mauve Dinosaur

Best school I can get into with a 169?

Postby Mauve Dinosaur » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:10 pm

Hey guys, I'm just writing out of curiosity mostly. I have a 3.97GPA and a 169. I am most certainly not going to rewrite as that puts me within easy reach of any school in Canada (where I intend to apply). But with the people actually pissed off with scores like 171 in the waiting thread, it lead me to wonder, would it possible to get into any good T14 school with only a 169 as a reverse-splitter, or would I actually have to rewrite/go to Cooley if I were American?

FeelTheHeat

Re: Best school I can get into with a 169?

Postby FeelTheHeat » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:11 pm

Mauve Dinosaur wrote:Hey guys, I'm just writing out of curiosity mostly. I have a 3.97GPA and a 169. I am most certainly not going to rewrite as that puts me within easy reach of any school in Canada (where I intend to apply). But with the people actually pissed off with scores like 171 in the waiting thread, it lead me to wonder, would it possible to get into any good T14 school with only a 169 as a reverse-splitter, or would I actually have to rewrite/go to Cooley if I were American?

Sorry dude, you'd be stuck at Cooley. NBD

zdamico

Postby zdamico » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:15 pm

Depends on the rest of your application, but if you blanketed the T14, you'd definitely snag quite a few. Especially some of the ones that focus on GPA, like Virginia, Berkeley, and Penn. Great Recs and a Why X could even give you a shot at Stanford (though a slim one).

noleknight16

Postby noleknight16 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:33 pm

You have a great shot at a lot of top schools. If you're looking to get the "Best Ranked School" possible, minus other factors, I would say Stanford is the first one you have a good enough chance to apply. Send apps to any T-14 you like, minus Harvard and Yale. Enjoy the cycle :)

ahnhub

Postby ahnhub » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:37 pm

I think if you blanketed T-14 you'd get at least a couple, maybe more. Personally I think it's a little egocentric to whine about how you scored "only" a 171, even though all your PT's were 175+. Sure maybe it's true, but you don't have to make a big show about it. TLS can make anyone feel down on themselves.

Hell, I had similar numbers and I ended up shooting what-the-heck apps to Yale and Harvard anyways, 'cause I got fee waivers everywhere else.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:40 pm

Mauve Dinosaur wrote:Hey guys, I'm just writing out of curiosity mostly. I have a 3.97GPA and a 169. I am most certainly not going to rewrite as that puts me within easy reach of any school in Canada (where I intend to apply). But with the people actually pissed off with scores like 171 in the waiting thread, it lead me to wonder, would it possible to get into any good T14 school with only a 169 as a reverse-splitter, or would I actually have to rewrite/go to Cooley if I were American?

lolcanada.

But a 169 doesn't really cut you off from many schools with that GPA. I know someone with a better GPA but only a 168 who got into UChicago.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:40 pm

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:41 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:

lolcanada.

But a 169 doesn't really cut you off from many schools with that GPA. I know someone with a better GPA but only a 168 who got into UChicago.

I heard it was after paying the deposit at an apartment in ITTThaca. LOLOLOL

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:42 pm

Grizz wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:

lolcanada.

I heard it was after paying the deposit at an apartment in ITTThaca. LOLOLOL

Yeah, he lost like $1500 on that deal.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”