Chances, please! Reverse-splitter, I guess?

Miss_Sunshine

Chances, please! Reverse-splitter, I guess?

Postby Miss_Sunshine » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:49 pm

Hi everyone!

I just received my LSAT score last night, and got a 166. I’m actually planning on retaking in December in an attempt to break 170. Games is my absolutely worst section, but I know if I can master them I will be able to achieve that dream score.

However, if I were to apply to schools with this score and my GPA (about a 4.1), do you think that I’d be able to gain admission to any of the T-14? I have pretty strong softs and strong LORS from my professors. I’m currently crafting my personal statement, but it will be at least above-average, with the potential to be quite good.

Also, should I apply to those schools ASAP, but inform them to hold for my December scores? Do any of you have any other advice?

Thank you in advance, and best of luck with all of your own applications! :)

--

Edit: Sorry! I'm new at this and didn't know there was a separate "Chances" forum. If you'd like to reply, can you please go here: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=169620

Merci beaucoup!
Last edited by Miss_Sunshine on Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LawSchoolGuru

Re: Chances, please! Reverse-splitter, I guess?

Postby LawSchoolGuru » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:52 pm

Miss_Sunshine

Postby Miss_Sunshine » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:57 pm

Thanks, LawSchoolGuru.

I've been hearing that it's the most "learnable" part of the test, which is awesome. Are there any targeted methods that are effective for the short time period that I have (i.e., drilling by question types), or should I just work through the entire Bible?

vodkashot

Postby vodkashot » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:37 pm

Work through the Bible, then repeated drilling by question type (as pithypike suggests) is the ideal solution. Work on accuracy, then on speed.

But, IMO, I don't think a month is enough to truly master the games section unless you have hours to drill through the games everyday....you really need time to let all the patterns sink into your brain.

Miss_Sunshine

Postby Miss_Sunshine » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:30 pm

Thanks, vodkashot. I actually do have some time really buckle down and focus on the LSAT, so I'm grateful for that.

Your advice has definitely been taken to heart.

Anyone else?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”