Take-one = Fail. Suggestions for December retake?

Mr.Binks

Take-one = Fail. Suggestions for December retake?

Postby Mr.Binks » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:54 am

Evening all,

As I suspected, my October LSAT didn't go well at all--I got a 162. In my preparation, I went through the Powerscore LR and LG Bible and skimmed the RC book, then I went through several practice tests. After all of that, I came in at a whopping 162. :-(

Any of you high-scorers have any advice for me on preparation for the December LSAT? I am shooting for a 167+ (I really want UT or something comparable).

P.S. Congrats to everyone who got the score they were shooting for or better.

Mr.Binks

Re: Take-one = Fail. Suggestions for December retake?

Postby Mr.Binks » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:09 am

Also, if I were to buy a book that would drill me by question type, what book would you all recommend? If not a book, then how would you guys suggest that I drill by question type?

Thanks

dietcoke0

Postby dietcoke0 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:20 am

Tag

Wodin

Postby Wodin » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:33 am

Mr.Binks

Postby Mr.Binks » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:40 am

That's awesome! I will definitely use this next time in my studies. Any suggestions for drilling RC or LG?

Alpine

Postby Alpine » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:53 am

Mr.Binks wrote:That's awesome! I will definitely use this next time in my studies. Any suggestions for drilling RC or LG?

You can check http://www.cambridgelsat.com to purchase .pdf bundles that are grouped by type for LG and RC. I don't know how useful it is for RC, but it is a great way to have multiple copies of the games to drill.

Mr.Binks

Postby Mr.Binks » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:07 pm

Ah, that could be quite useful--thanks! However, my fear is that I will drill through all of these, then see the exact same ones while doing practice exams. That would overstate my real score, and then cause me to blow it on the real LSAT, like I did in October... >.<

Any company make LR/LG/RC questions that are not LSAC Official, yet still accurate and helpful?

Alpine

Postby Alpine » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:09 pm

Mr.Binks wrote:Ah, that could be quite useful--thanks! However, my fear is that I will drill through all of these, then see the exact same ones while doing practice exams. That would overstate my real score, and then cause me to blow it on the real LSAT, like I did in October... >.<

Any company make LR/LG/RC questions that are not LSAC Official, yet still accurate and helpful?

They are all from PTs 1-38, if that makes a difference for you. I don't know what PTs you have.

GirlStop

Postby GirlStop » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:10 pm

This is EXACTLY what i've been looking for! Thanks

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”