successful re-takers please enter this thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
American_in_China

Bronze

Re: successful re-takers please enter this thread

Post by American_in_China » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:35 am

172 June to 179 Oct. 3 weeks of study the first time, 3 months the second. Heavy pressure first time, no pressure second.

Edit: I used Testmasters and an off the rack book first time. Second time I had full access to Kaplan materials, incorporated some Manhattan LSAT, and a big dollop of Velocity LSAT. Velocity is what put me over the top in reading comp (-4 to -1). I probably did over 1500 Logical Reasoning questions, so by that time I knew every pattern they could throw at me and scored -1. Still upset I ran low on time and missed 1 LG question. If I had worked slightly faster or had an extra 30 seconds, I'd be sitting at 180.

Basically, reading comp was my biggest improvement- Velocity combined with a basic sketching framework from Kaplan really helped. With LR, I suggest Velocity to understand every question type followed by 1000 questions, one question type at a time. I had the gigantic review books from Kaplan since I taught for them, so I just drilled, drilled, and drilled. My only mistake was not working LG under 30 minute sections. I find that I always, along with almost every student, move slower on the real thing.
Last edited by American_in_China on Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

bball25

New

Re: successful re-takers please enter this thread

Post by bball25 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:43 am

158 to a 168. I went back and made sure I understood the strategy for each type of problem. Once I knew how to do all the types of questions, I begin taking full tests under test like conditions at least 3x a week.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”