167 2 months really light studying taking your questions

aarias1

167 2 months really light studying taking your questions

Postby aarias1 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:13 am

I was recently banned, but now I'm back to help all my TLS friends who do not have the will or time to study for many hours and many months before the test. Ask me how to get to the 94 percentile with only a small portion of your time. Oh and this score includes the "first test freakout" effect, and the "I can't concentrate after #16 of the LR" dysfunction.

Re: 167 2 months really light studying taking your questions

Postby 071816 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:18 am

Can I be you?

aarias1

Postby aarias1 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:19 am

chimp wrote:Can I be you?

Unfortunately no "brohim", but you can look like me if you really want to. "Pm" me and I'll give you some of my off the wall fashion advice. Be prepared with a money order and perhaps I can send you some of my 100% certified bonafied playa tees.

Postby 071816 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:27 am

Do you have them in my size? Here's a pic of me:

--ImageRemoved--

aarias1

Postby aarias1 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:28 am

lolololol HAHA straight fruit eating PLAYAAA!! doing it like a boss, perhaps I should ask you for advice.

nelaw2010

Postby nelaw2010 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:47 am

I'll bite. How do you get to the 94th percentile with only a small portion of your time?

Mr.Binks

Postby Mr.Binks » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:16 am

nelaw2010 wrote:I'll bite. How do you get to the 94th percentile with only a small portion of your time?

This.

aarias1

Postby aarias1 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:26 am

Alright playa your question was pretty broad so I'll go ahead and give you my observations on the LSAT. Now by no means is this a guarantee that you will get a 167 on your first with only two months of studying, but it will ensure you get to maximize your points while enjoying your laid back if not lazy lifestyle. Here is some background info about me
English is my second language
Work 30 hours a week and take 16 units of undergraduate coursework.
Had two months to prep for the LSAT, I'm not an english or philosophy major.
I found a prep course at a discount price, thinking I would only have to attend the classes and I would be "taught" the LSAT
After my diagnostic (156) I realized that I really wasn't going to put in all the time to learn the "science" behind the test.
Against my instructors advice I started abusing the prep-test data bank, and immediately began seeing results.
Here are the few things I learned.
All the suckas in my class who decided to learn the "science" of the test realized that this "science" isn't worth anything if you don't have the time to apply the techniques you learned to every problem you are given. Granted, if you have a shitload of time to study then learning the science or logic behind every problem and mastering it to a level where you can apply it to every problem would be awesome. The thing is, unless you are going to lock yourself up in a cave for 6 months, or retake the fucking test until you figure it out then maybe you want to try another method.
With LR and RC I practiced by taking a prep-test every week for the first month and then going back and looking at the questions I got wrong, or just guessed correctly. If i got a fucked up score on one test or had a point drop, I would check my answers and then set-up a redemption test ASAP. LR and RC skills begin to come naturally after you do some many problems. There are certain really tricky LR where perhaps it is advised you learn the logic behind them. For example formal logic assumption questions, or formal logic inference questions, and parallel reasoning q's. For Logic Games practice as many as you can but learn to diagram for each different type of game, and concentrate most of your effort in this. On the second month take two prep-test a week do the same deal, but keep this in mind.
-Newer tests have harder reading comp sections, and some tuffy sequencing games. They also have this matching game where you have to divide things into 3 or more sections, but these games usually have two main options that will pretty much spell the game out for you.ie bookshelf, lawyers game
-Lr has a lot of principle questions lately
-There is always the luck factor on LSATS perhaps a particular word or game sets something in your mind off that will either work to your advantage or disadvantage. Make sure when you prep you take out the luck factor by automatically marking wrong any question you guessed or where completely unsure why it was right.
There is probably some more stuff I could right but I got a midterm tomorrow, and just to let you know I had to guess on 7 questions this last LSAT and got all of them wrong. This is why I like to prep without any luck factors.

FryBreadPower

Postby FryBreadPower » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:32 am

...I'm a wee bit confused.

learntolift

Postby learntolift » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:35 am

i can see why you were banned

Postby 071816 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:35 am

aarias1 wrote:Alright playa your question was pretty broad so I'll go ahead and give you my observations on the LSAT. Now by no means is this a guarantee that you will get a 167 on your first with only two months of studying, but it will ensure you get to maximize your points while enjoying your laid back if not lazy lifestyle. Here is some background info about me
I found a prep course at a discount price, thinking I would only have to attend the classes and I would be "taught" the LSAT
After my diagnostic (156) I realized that I really wasn't going to put in all the time to learn the "science" behind the test.
Against my instructors advice I started abusing the prep-test data bank, and immediately began seeing results.
All the suckas in my class who decided to learn the "science" of the test realized that this "science" isn't worth anything if you don't have the time to apply the techniques you learned to every problem you are given. Granted, if you have a shitload of time to study then learning the science or logic behind every problem and mastering it to a level where you can apply it to every problem would be awesome. The thing is, unless you are going to lock yourself up in a cave for 6 months, or retake the fucking test until you figure it out then maybe you want to try another method.
With LR and RC I practiced by taking a prep-test every week for the first month and then going back and looking at the questions I got wrong, or just guessed correctly. If i got a fucked up score on one test or had a point drop, I would check my answers and then set-up a redemption test ASAP. LR and RC skills begin to come naturally after you do some many problems. There are certain really tricky LR where perhaps it is advised you learn the logic behind them. For example formal logic assumption questions, or formal logic inference questions, and parallel reasoning q's. For Logic Games practice as many as you can but learn to diagram for each different type of game, and concentrate most of your effort in this. On the second month take two prep-test a week do the same deal, but keep this in mind.
-Newer tests have harder reading comp sections, and some tuffy sequencing games. They also have this matching game where you have to divide things into 3 or more sections, but these games usually have two main options that will pretty much spell the game out for you.ie bookshelf, lawyers game
-There is always the luck factor on LSATS perhaps a particular word or game sets something in your mind off that will either work to your advantage or disadvantage. Make sure when you prep you take out the luck factor by automatically marking wrong any question you guessed or where completely unsure why it was right.
There is probably some more stuff I could right but I got a midterm tomorrow, and just to let you know I had to guess on 7 questions this last LSAT and got all of them wrong. This is why I like to prep without any luck factors.

--ImageRemoved--

tedler

Postby tedler » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:49 am

Last edited by tedler on Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Angrygeopolitically

Postby Angrygeopolitically » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:59 am

tedler wrote:
learntolift wrote:i can see why you were banned

Also, with a 167 are you looking for advise or giving it?

FryBreadPower

Postby FryBreadPower » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:07 am

--ImageRemoved--

American_in_China

Postby American_in_China » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:26 am

Looking forward to hearing what happens when you try this light studying routine in law school.

Kids, if you can't motivate yourself to study for something that accounts for almost 50% of your admission to law school, how do you think you'll make it through three years of law school?

bruss

Postby bruss » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:43 am

aarias1 wrote:Alright playa your question was pretty broad so I'll go ahead and give you my observations on the LSAT. Now by no means is this a guarantee that you will get a 167 on your first with only two months of studying, but it will ensure you get to maximize your points while enjoying your laid back if not lazy lifestyle. Here is some background info about me

The only thing he is saying that is contrary to popular belief is that 2 months is enough time and you should drill with PT's instead of gutting. So basically keep studying how you guys have been studying smh

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:46 am

learntolift wrote:i can see why you were banned

very solid post, noob

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”