WHEN should i retake?

boblawlob

WHEN should i retake?

Postby boblawlob » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:49 pm

deleted
Last edited by boblawlob on Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

noleknight16

Re: WHEN should i retake?

Postby noleknight16 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:54 pm

That's scary. We have the same GPA and 157 LSAT. And I graduated in June 2011.

Retake December if you have to go to law school next fall.

February or June if you can take another year off.

boblawlob

Postby boblawlob » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:07 pm

bump

basketball law guy

Postby basketball law guy » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:55 pm

This is kind of a "When should I take the first time" question reposted from other board.

First time posting and I may be in the wrong forum so please forgive... I understand that I want to get 160+ on my LSAT but my question/seeking advice is this:

I am a junior and I play basketball at a mid-level school. My season runs from September (conditioning) thru mid-March. During the heart of the season I will spend 30-40 hours a week with practices, games and travel. This will continue until March 15-20. Second semester will end May 15th. With these conditions- what would be the best date for me to take the LSAT? June- out of school and practice but limited prep time. October- summer to help study but I will be in practices for a month before the test? I am leaning toward June but I will be stretched for prep time. I have a full load both semesters, this semester being slightly tougher than next semester. Business/accounting degree. Working hard and time management are my strengths, I am not sure how well I will do on the LSAT.

I have a 4.0 GPA but I anticipate this going down a little as my time commitment grows. I have only done a little studying using the Princeton book I got for Christmas. Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

My preferred choice for law schools: Minnesota, Iowa and Wisconsin. Thanks

Ernert

Postby Ernert » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:06 pm

If you can afford to wait a year, then June would be my recommendation... a year (or more) out of school can be great, and plus applying early next cycle (like everything in by October 1st) definitely helps your chances compared to applying after the December LSAT this cycle.

boblawlob

Postby boblawlob » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:32 pm

deleted
Last edited by boblawlob on Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Easy-E

Postby Easy-E » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:43 am

boblawlob wrote:
Ernert wrote:If you can afford to wait a year, then June would be my recommendation... a year (or more) out of school can be great, and plus applying early next cycle (like everything in by October 1st) definitely helps your chances compared to applying after the December LSAT this cycle.

The thing is...I could wait another year....but waiting 2 years to attend law school seems tough.

I'm in the same boat. Did poorly on this past test (as I somewhat expected), and I've decided to take the February test. My numbers aren't where I want them, and I just want to unwind a bit before I start prepping again, so December would be a rush job. Plus, whether I did December, February, or June, I'd apply for the next cycle. I'm employed full-time, so I will have 2 years WE total, which I figure can't hurt, especially for a school like Northwestern. I also figured February was the best choice for me based on how my study habits took a dive come summertime (I live at the beach), and if February doesn't go well, I can fall back on June for a third re-take, but I really hope that won't be the case.

I guess the decision all comes down to what your situation and goals are. I'm going next cycle either way due to my shitty GPA, so I don't see the need to cram for December, but that's just me.

anteater1

Postby anteater1 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:18 pm

emarxnj wrote:
boblawlob wrote:
Ernert wrote:If you can afford to wait a year, then June would be my recommendation... a year (or more) out of school can be great, and plus applying early next cycle (like everything in by October 1st) definitely helps your chances compared to applying after the December LSAT this cycle.

The thing is...I could wait another year....but waiting 2 years to attend law school seems tough.

I guess the decision all comes down to what your situation and goals are. I'm going next cycle either way due to my shitty GPA, so I don't see the need to cram for December, but that's just me.

You and I have similar situations, best of luck to both of us in Feb.

boblawlob

Postby boblawlob » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:39 pm

deleted

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”