Disaster Day - need HELP

Roza P

Disaster Day - need HELP

Postby Roza P » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:48 pm

Last edited by Roza P on Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ColtsFan88

Re: Disaster Day - need HELP

Postby ColtsFan88 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:52 pm

If you really want to apply this cycle take December. But really dont be afraid to sit out a cycle. I did and while it was a tough decision, I am very happy with where I am now. Study up for December, and if you do well, great. If you dont score where you want, there is always next June or October.

learntolift

Postby learntolift » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:58 pm

i agree with coltsfan. i tested last* october, scored a 160 bc i misbubbled and lost 9 points. just took it again and raised it to a 177. so retake whenever is right for you. sounds like this was a fluke and everything did go wrong on test day. that's what an addendum is for, to explain what happened. so retake when you are ready, you will kill it with a score you deserve, and you will be happy :)

SparkleBirdie

Postby SparkleBirdie » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:00 pm

I'm in the exact same situation as you. With an even larger discrepancy with my LSAT PT and my actual score-was practicing at 174, subtract a ton and you get my October score. I'm regrouping and starting up my studying tomorrow. You can bounce back from this, just work on every problem area you see and focus on getting the score you want!

Roza P

Postby Roza P » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:13 pm

Thanks guys, your advice is reassuring.

I am very confident I'm going to kill this December test, it just makes me fucking cringe when I look at the score I could have had and the one I do have.

I will be on these boards daily, picking up as much information to improve my score even more so.

If you guys have any study info that could help me out, please post it or PM me

I am getting to take this unfortunate opportunity to say fuck my 160 goal and make it 167

Roza P

Postby Roza P » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:14 pm

SparkleBirdie wrote:I'm in the exact same situation as you. With an even larger discrepancy with my LSAT PT and my actual score-was practicing at 174, subtract a ton and you get my October score. I'm regrouping and starting up my studying tomorrow. You can bounce back from this, just work on every problem area you see and focus on getting the score you want!

we got this

Roza P

Postby Roza P » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:17 pm

learntolift wrote:i agree with coltsfan. i tested last* october, scored a 160 bc i misbubbled and lost 9 points. just took it again and raised it to a 177. so retake whenever is right for you. sounds like this was a fluke and everything did go wrong on test day. that's what an addendum is for, to explain what happened. so retake when you are ready, you will kill it with a score you deserve, and you will be happy :)

I feel like I'd do better than a 160 tomorrow, but is there anything you would recommend I change up before Dec 3rd?

sanjola

Postby sanjola » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:18 pm

Roza P wrote:Long time lurker, sorry it took so long for me to bless you informative people with my presence

After what happened today it has taken me half a bottle of whiskey to get on here and ask for feedback, so please excuse any grammar errors

Background:

First LSAT was this Octobers. Had been SELF studying for 2 1/2 months leading up to the test. My diag was a 155, and I never scored below a 154 out of the 35 or so practice exams I took. Averaged around a 160, highest being 170. I have a 3.2 GPA, I go to a top 25 University, and I graduate this spring with no time to take a year off (financial reasons).

I never studied with anyone but put countless hours in, and was sure I was going to get at least a 160. Which for me, is just fine with where I am trying to head (I know most of you are pissed with a 167)

I got a 144 on this Octobers exam.

I almost vomited on my keyboard while I was refreshing along with the rest of you.

Without making excuses, shit hit the fan test day, I had to excuse myself mid section, and mis-bubbled an entire section as well.

I don't know what to do from here. I've been shocked and embarrassed all night.

I just registered for the December test. All advice or input is much appreciated. I hope someone had a similar experience they were able to bounce back from or someone could give me a few pointers.

Thanks

Just curious as to why you didn't cancel your score?

Roza P

Postby Roza P » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:33 pm

sanjola wrote:
Roza P wrote:Long time lurker, sorry it took so long for me to bless you informative people with my presence

After what happened today it has taken me half a bottle of whiskey to get on here and ask for feedback, so please excuse any grammar errors

Background:

First LSAT was this Octobers. Had been SELF studying for 2 1/2 months leading up to the test. My diag was a 155, and I never scored below a 154 out of the 35 or so practice exams I took. Averaged around a 160, highest being 170. I have a 3.2 GPA, I go to a top 25 University, and I graduate this spring with no time to take a year off (financial reasons).

I never studied with anyone but put countless hours in, and was sure I was going to get at least a 160. Which for me, is just fine with where I am trying to head (I know most of you are pissed with a 167)

I got a 144 on this Octobers exam.

I almost vomited on my keyboard while I was refreshing along with the rest of you.

Without making excuses, shit hit the fan test day, I had to excuse myself mid section, and mis-bubbled an entire section as well.

I don't know what to do from here. I've been shocked and embarrassed all night.

I just registered for the December test. All advice or input is much appreciated. I hope someone had a similar experience they were able to bounce back from or someone could give me a few pointers.

Thanks

Just curious as to why you didn't cancel your score?

Good question. I did strongly consider it.

Here is some more info as to what happened..

Long story short.. I took my study meds for the exam- study meds make me piss. alot. I ended up waiting in a hallway with 400 people bc the proctors couldn't get shit right for 1 1/2 hours. I was entering a room and was told I couldn't take the exam because my picture didn't qualify, when obviously it did (proctor was not a good person and was doing it to multiple people, hence all the girls crying around me), I rushed to another door with a proctor, they let me in. After the whole fiasco, and by the time we got done bubbling, I was about to piss my pants. Problem was once in the room, I wasn't allowed to go to the bathroom until the test began.

First section - misbubbled, probably due to me trying to not pee all over the place
Second section - had to leave before I pissed my pants (was honestly thinking of just letting it go right there and taking the rest of the exam in piss pants)

But even after all that I thought I did GOOD. I thought I did great on LG, and finished all my LR with good time, I decided to stick with my score bc I thought worst case scenario I would have a 156+. that was fucking stupid

learntolift

Postby learntolift » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:43 pm

Roza P wrote:
learntolift wrote:i agree with coltsfan. i tested last* october, scored a 160 bc i misbubbled and lost 9 points. just took it again and raised it to a 177. so retake whenever is right for you. sounds like this was a fluke and everything did go wrong on test day. that's what an addendum is for, to explain what happened. so retake when you are ready, you will kill it with a score you deserve, and you will be happy :)

I feel like I'd do better than a 160 tomorrow, but is there anything you would recommend I change up before Dec 3rd?

well i would need to know ur current study routine, if you want to pm me i can try to help you however i can

Roza P

Postby Roza P » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:59 pm

learntolift wrote:
Roza P wrote:

well i would need to know ur current study routine, if you want to pm me i can try to help you however i can

pm'd

seancris

Postby seancris » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:30 am

TBH it sounds like your head wasn't in the right place on gameday or in the past few weeks. I can't imagine mis-bubbling in a section. I haven't done that since grade school. And excusing yourself mid section? Unfathomable for me. On my test day, I literally would've crapped my pants rather than leave the room during a center. Literally. People have given birth during the bar exam. You've got to understand the gravity of the situation and take it seriously, and it doesn't seem that you've done that.

And once you left the room you should've immediately cancelled the score. I just don't see why you wouldn't cancel it.

Not saying any of this to mock you, just saying it shouldn't have happened under any circumstances and might be indicative of a larger problem (ie, not taking the situation seriously, not adequately prepping for test conditions).

Lastly I would recommend taking some serious time to re-evaluate the law school idea. Right now you're a 3.2/144. You say that a 160 would've been an acceptable score, but even with a 161 I don't think you would've gotten into any T1 schools with any money. If it was me, I would be looking at taking the GRE or networking to find a job in another industry.

Best of luck either way. Sorry to hear about this.

mushybrain

Postby mushybrain » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:52 am

seancris wrote:

TBH it sounds like your head wasn't in the right place on gameday or in the past few weeks. I can't imagine mis-bubbling in a section. I haven't done that since grade school. And excusing yourself mid section? Unfathomable for me. On my test day, I literally would've crapped my pants rather than leave the room during a center. Literally. People have given birth during the bar exam. You've got to understand the gravity of the situation and take it seriously, and it doesn't seem that you've done that.

And once you left the room you should've immediately cancelled the score. I just don't see why you wouldn't cancel it.

Not saying any of this to mock you, just saying it shouldn't have happened under any circumstances and might be indicative of a larger problem (ie, not taking the situation seriously, not adequately prepping for test conditions).

Lastly I would recommend taking some serious time to re-evaluate the law school idea. Right now you're a 3.2/144. You say that a 160 would've been an acceptable score, but even with a 161 I don't think you would've gotten into any T1 schools with any money. If it was me, I would be looking at taking the GRE or networking to find a job in another industry.

I agree with this. I'm not really sure what we can help with on this one - there's something going on here with taking the exam seriously or fully understanding the exam or something, and we can't really help on that. I really can't understand leaving mid-section if you haven't already decided to cancel. I just can't figure it out.

Roza P

Postby Roza P » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:38 am

seancris wrote:

Thanks for the apologies but I won;t reconsider law school, it has been my dream. You don't know what happened in the week prior to the exam and you obviously can't relate with choosing between having piss pants for 2 hours during the lsat or running to the bathroom for a 2 minutes... i thought it out. Maybe I should have cancelled my score, but that doesn't mean I can;t redeem myself. I'm not trying to go to a T1 law school.. IDK where you got that from.

Thanks to the other guys with the good advice and the pms. The world needs more people like yourselves. As for the negative nancys.. I will be your boss one day. Regardless of your school. Quit steering people away from a great career, I've observed it on these boards for months.

I look forward to a good couple of years on here now that I am registered

tedler

Postby tedler » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:26 am

Last edited by tedler on Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chia99

Postby chia99 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:20 am

tedler wrote:TLS: where you get called out for misbubbling and choosing not to piss your pants

And ladies and gentlemen we have our new slogan.

OP- good luck.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”