Experimental was FOURTH section Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
hulagirl808

New

Experimental was FOURTH section

Post by hulagirl808 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:05 pm

I just got my October 2011 score back, and I am 100% sure that my experimental LR section was FOURTH. Can anyone else who got their scores back today confirm this as well? I don't want to go into details, but there was a lot of trash talk going on in here about people accusing others of trolling and other such nonsense because they were convinced that their experimentals were fourth.

I was pretty sure mine was fourth, but wanted to wait until my score came out before saying anything.

BTW....got a 160 first try, and I am NOT going to retake in December.

I'm in Hawaii, and it's only 4 pm here, but my friends and I are heading to the pub to get smashed in a haze of celebration!!

bport hopeful

Gold

Re: Experimental was FOURTH section

Post by bport hopeful » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:06 pm

liar.

boblawlob

Silver

Post by boblawlob » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:07 pm

my section pdfs are listed 1, 2, 3, 5

so yes, experimental was 4th section

qbt1990

New

Post by qbt1990 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:12 pm

Same. Said it all along

hulagirl808

New

Post by hulagirl808 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:18 pm

bport hopeful wrote:liar.

hahaha...at this point, i'd buy you a shot just because i'm so glad to have it all over and done with. :lol:

continue studying for the lsat as if the experimental is always one the first 3 - good luck with that!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bruss

Bronze

Post by bruss » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:30 pm

hulagirl808 wrote: BTW....got a 160 first try, and I am NOT going to retake in December.
LOLZ SMH

hulagirl808

New

Post by hulagirl808 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:48 pm

bruss wrote:
hulagirl808 wrote: BTW....got a 160 first try, and I am NOT going to retake in December.
LOLZ SMH
laugh if you please...i'm a single mother working full time (no credit cards or welfare for me!) and going to school full time. my 160 is sufficient for UH, which is the only law school in hawaii. i guess i COULD lock myself in a room and study for the next 3 months for a score that i don't need, but i'd much rather spend that time enjoying life. :lol:

941law

Bronze

Post by 941law » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:50 pm

hulagirl > bruss

inflightradio

New

Post by inflightradio » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:29 pm

hulagirl808 wrote:I just got my October 2011 score back, and I am 100% sure that my experimental LR section was FOURTH. Can anyone else who got their scores back today confirm this as well? I don't want to go into details, but there was a lot of trash talk going on in here about people accusing others of trolling and other such nonsense because they were convinced that their experimentals were fourth.

I was pretty sure mine was fourth, but wanted to wait until my score came out before saying anything.

BTW....got a 160 first try, and I am NOT going to retake in December.

I'm in Hawaii, and it's only 4 pm here, but my friends and I are heading to the pub to get smashed in a haze of celebration!!
I also had the experimental 4th section... Really sucks because I literally flew through it and never felt so great about an LR section in my life :( Oh well, congrats on being done!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

benito

Bronze

Post by benito » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:22 am

I think its interesting that they chose to make the experimental section 4th only for those who had the 3 LR sections.....for people who had RC in sections 3 and 4 the experimental was still before the break. If it had been after and someone had been unethical enough to look ahead in their test book they would have assumed 3 was the unscored section, cruised through it and been screwed. LSAC must have been aware of this and chose not to go that way this first time.

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:41 am

You know you cant work full time during school right?

hulagirl808

New

Post by hulagirl808 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:35 pm

bport hopeful wrote:You know you cant work full time during school right?
i'm assuming you mean during law school? then, no, you are wrong. UH offers a part time JD for those who work full time.

hulagirl808

New

Post by hulagirl808 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:40 pm

this was my first thread posted, and i find the highly negative comments quite surprising. is this some sort of hazing ritual for new comers? the negative comments have absolutely nothing to do with the actual topic.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

suspicious android

Silver

Post by suspicious android » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:19 pm

Just jealousy toward someone who lives in Hawaii.

I'll admit I was one of the doubters, but you all were right. I promise to be less skeptical and more trusting in the future.:)

iamrobk

Bronze

Post by iamrobk » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:21 pm

Honestly, before I took the LSAT I had no idea it could only be one of the first 3, so when I got to section 4 (the 3rd LR) and did some of the questions, it felt so... off to me that I really figured it was the experimental, and I didn't take it 100% seriously. So yeah, I am very happy it did turn out to be the experimental. Curious if this is a one time thing, or if it'll be happening a lot from now on.

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:32 pm

suspicious android wrote:Just jealousy toward someone who lives in Hawaii.

I'll admit I was one of the doubters, but you all were right. I promise to be less skeptical and more trusting in the future.:)
Im not jealous at all. And you should have been skeptical. Its happened once, maybe. Believe in yourself homie.

OparinOcean001

New

Post by OparinOcean001 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:44 pm

I also had an experimental 4th (LR) section. It really isn't that safe to assume the experimental is in the first three sections anymore.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

hulagirl808

New

Post by hulagirl808 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:03 pm

bport hopeful wrote:
suspicious android wrote:Just jealousy toward someone who lives in Hawaii.

Im not jealous at all. And you should have been skeptical. Its happened once, maybe. Believe in yourself homie.
hmmm....so you're skeptical to the point of blatantly and incorrectly calling me a liar and also telling me that i can't work full time while i'm going to school? the words "believe in yourself" sound hypocritical coming from you. keep your limitations to yourself, and don't presume to tell me what i am and am not capable of doing.
iamrobk wrote:Honestly, before I took the LSAT I had no idea it could only be one of the first 3, so when I got to section 4 (the 3rd LR) and did some of the questions, it felt so... off to me that I really figured it was the experimental, and I didn't take it 100% seriously. So yeah, I am very happy it did turn out to be the experimental. Curious if this is a one time thing, or if it'll be happening a lot from now on.
i also suspected that the 4th was experimental while i was doing it. i believe that this is a strategic move on the lsac's part to force test takers to stay on their toes throughout the entire lsat.
Last edited by hulagirl808 on Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:03 pm

OparinOcean001 wrote:I also had an experimental 4th (LR) section. It really isn't that safe to assume the experimental is in the first three sections anymore.
Id concede to this now, but it was quite safe a month ago.

senorhosh

Bronze

Post by senorhosh » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:45 pm

bport hopeful wrote:
OparinOcean001 wrote:I also had an experimental 4th (LR) section. It really isn't that safe to assume the experimental is in the first three sections anymore.
Well, you can say that only in hindsight.
This is precisely the reason why I performed under my average for Oct. I assumed I was going to cancel because I bombed the fourth section. I half assed my last section. 50% of my mistakes were in the last section.
I didn't cancel because I found out the 4th could be experimental and most schools look at top score anyway. But geez I wish I hadn't assumed...

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:05 pm

senorhosh wrote:
bport hopeful wrote:
Well, you can say that only in hindsight.
This is precisely the reason why I performed under my average for Oct. I assumed I was going to cancel because I bombed the fourth section. I half assed my last section. 50% of my mistakes were in the last section.
I didn't cancel because I found out the 4th could be experimental and most schools look at top score anyway. But geez I wish I hadn't assumed...
Im not saying that in hindsight. On a standardized test, if something has never happened, its safe to say that youre not going to see that thing happen.

Half assing any section is pretty not smart.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Da1andOnlyPharo

New

Post by Da1andOnlyPharo » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:25 pm

lol figures we get 4th experimental section for the first time in LSAT history. i think it worked to my advantage though, went hard on 1-3, and then assumed 4/5 were both real so went hard on those as well. cheers to ur success.

CouchAJ

New

Post by CouchAJ » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:41 am

Hulagirl, I just started my first semester at WSRL in the part time program, and it is pretty hard balancing full time work and school. We're only taking 1 less class than the full time students, and most of us (not me personally) have families at home to divide time with as well. If you can do the full time program without working, that's definitely the way to go. If not, than I wish you all the best and I'm willing to talk with you about my Hawaii Law School experience if you like. I'm also the Vice President of the Black Law Students Association and we're trying to get one of our reps on the admissions board. Might be good to have friends in medium places...lol

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”