POLL: How did you perform on the Oct. LSAT?

How did you perform on the Oct. LSAT?

I scored 5+ pts. below my PT average
30%
I scored slightly (~2 pts.) below my PT average
22%
I scored at or around my PT average
25%
I scored slightly above my PT average
15%
I scored 5+ pts. higher than my PT average
7%

Total votes: 197

SnoDog

POLL: How did you perform on the Oct. LSAT?

Postby SnoDog » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:53 pm

Let's take a look here...

SnoDog

Re: POLL: How did you perform on the Oct. LSAT?

Postby SnoDog » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:10 pm

A bit early, but the results so far are pretty discouraging. :cry:

I'm contemplating retaking in December but I just don't think I have the heart to do it anymore. What are you guys doing to cope with this? I feel like punching myself.

HellOnHeels

Postby HellOnHeels » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:12 pm

SnoDog wrote:A bit early, but the results so far are pretty discouraging. :cry:

I'm contemplating retaking in December but I just don't think I have the heart to do it anymore. What are you guys doing to cope with this? I feel like punching myself.

I'm retaking in December. Come join me. We can be miserable together.

ColtsFan88

Postby ColtsFan88 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:23 pm

I outscored my average by about 4 points. It was a nice surprise. I only had 1 PT higher than my October LSAT score so I was fortunate.

EDIT: I think this comes down to test taking ability. I have always performed well on standardized tests, and on test day I felt very good about how I did. Seemed like I was able to go faster without sacrificing accuracy.

SnoDog

Postby SnoDog » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:24 pm

stephinmd wrote:
SnoDog wrote:A bit early, but the results so far are pretty discouraging. :cry:

I'm retaking in December. Come join me. We can be miserable together.

Sounds good brother. There's still room in the misery bus if anybody wants in. BYOB.

inflightradio

Postby inflightradio » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:26 pm

ColtsFan88 wrote:I outscored my average by about 4 points. It was a nice surprise. I only had 1 PT higher than my October LSAT score so I was fortunate.

EDIT: I think this comes down to test taking ability. I have always performed well on standardized tests, and on test day I felt very good about how I did. Seemed like I was able to go faster without sacrificing accuracy.

Definitely agree with this. Unlike you though, I am on the other end and I get really panicked before any sort of big event. Anyway, here's to hoping that first test jitters are completely out of the way when December comes!

SnoDog

Postby SnoDog » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:30 pm

ColtsFan88 wrote:I outscored my average by about 4 points. It was a nice surprise. I only had 1 PT higher than my October LSAT score so I was fortunate.

Congrats man, I'm sincerely happy to hear about the people who did well. I feel bad that I can't join you guys in celebration, but it does tell me there's still hope.

That brings me to the question: obviously I was looking to apply with my Oct. score as soon as scores came out, but now with my abysmal performance on the Oct. LSAT, I'm humoring myself with the thought of a December retake. But what I want to know is, what will this do to my application process? Would the Dec. LSAT be too late? Or would I apply now with my score but still take the Dec. LSAT anyway?

Sh@keNb@ke

Postby Sh@keNb@ke » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:08 am

Scored 5+ above my average. Was PT'ing around 159-160 and ended up with a 165 on the real thing. FOCUS. Realize that you have been studying for all this time and use your techniques to dominate this thing. Score jumps ARE possible.

lulzalicious

Postby lulzalicious » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:45 am

Yea I bombed this test....but I kinda new I had. Re-taking in December for sure, my KillBill-style training is already well under way and I have no doubt I will rise from this current state of paralysis and destroy the L.S.A.T. in Dec.

See all you re-takers in Hell :twisted:

calvinlovehobbes

Postby calvinlovehobbes » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:56 am

was averaging 162 with a max (one time) of 167. hit a 169 this cycle.

anything is possible

MCFC

Postby MCFC » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:12 am

Was averaging around a 172 or so on PTs, though I admit I never actually did take an average. 177 on test day though, looking back through my 20 PTs, only had one that was better (178).

Easy-E

Postby Easy-E » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:27 am

Was PTing around 165, pulled a 161. Either way, I wasn't performing where I wanted to be, and had considered backing out of the test. I'm planning to push to the February administration, and am considering using a somewhat more rigid study schedule than the one I attempted for October. Strongly considering using the Velocity LSAT online course.

Take Two

Postby Take Two » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:41 pm

I scored about three points better than my average. I am not in college anymore and I live in a house with 14 people. I hadnt taken a test under anything like real conditions (I mean I timed and stuff there was just always a lot going on around me) in a while. I think in a way that helped me because I was able to focus so well on the actual test. That's probably a person to person thing tough I am not sure I would recommend it to anyone.

srrrrh

Postby srrrrh » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:36 pm

9 points below.. no idea what happened! i was sure i bombed LG (i normally get -0 and had to make educated guesses on a few) but i got -2 on that and bombed both LR instead :/ i think it was mainly nerves/LG was my first section and my worst LR was following that so i think i was probably just upset that i thought i had messed up already. definitely retaking in december and i hope it won't be too late!

Strange

Postby Strange » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:48 pm

I scored 8 points higher. I had 4 hours of sleep too. I think it was just the adrenaline that helped me zone in

mmkitkat

Postby mmkitkat » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:53 pm

I was PT-ing around 167, with random highs at 171 and 176 close to when I took the Oct. test, and I ended up scoring 4 points higher than my average on test day. I think taking time off (from the Monday before the test until Saturday morning warm-up) before the real exam after actually visiting the testing center and taking a PT there under timed conditions with my pencils and snacks and outfit (I am really superstitious about tests and things like this) really helped calm me down enough to pick up a few points on the real thing.

I think that doing whatever I could to reduce the anxiety about the test was what made the difference for me. Good luck to everyone taking/retaking the December exam!

hobojarpen

Postby hobojarpen » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:54 pm

Scored just about 3-5 above my avg PT score. I'd been averaging between 166-168, but if everything lined up, I knew I had a good shot at surpassing my average on the real thing. Prayed like crazy, and a few things broke my way: RC ended up being quite easy and I only missed 4 on the LR section I thought I missed at least 7 on. The only real surprise was that I missed 4 on LG.. I thought for sure I missed only the one that I guessed on. Overall, I easily could have gotten 173-175, but I'm quite happy with 170.

jeffyl00b

Postby jeffyl00b » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:31 am

So I just registered because of this(or another) thread. Scored below. I only just found this site a day before or around the test time. I've read a bunch of books, websites, etc, and see a lot of strategies that overlap. Although I read some good tidbits about RC on here earlier today that I want to use.
I believe my main issue was I did not get to do the PT's as often as I would like. Lot of personal issues and moves happened when I was about to go hardcore.

However I find it odd that I did so badly on the LG section, when that was my strong point. I don't really get anxiety on this type of thing anymore, so I don't know what happened. Especially since I THOUGHT the LG was easy on this test and blew through it at a proper amount of time.

So anyway, here I am and I am joining y'all.

American_in_China

Postby American_in_China » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:31 am

I scored my PT average, and i think it was the fact that I already had a 172 that made me do it. I knew I had a good score to fall back on, so I wasn't really worried about anything; I just did my best.

andrewww

Postby andrewww » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:54 am

I keep hovering my cursor over that e-mail, just don't have the guts to click it.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:09 pm

andrewww wrote:I keep hovering my cursor over that e-mail, just don't have the guts to click it.

what? You still haven't checked your score?

psach44

Postby psach44 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:11 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
andrewww wrote:I keep hovering my cursor over that e-mail, just don't have the guts to click it.

what? You still haven't checked your score?

yeah dude. thats weird. click it. rip it off like a band aide.

or...maybe be the first guy to do this: apply to all your schools without ever checking it and see who accepts you. then guess what you got. then check it.

you down?

andrewww

Postby andrewww » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:25 pm

I ripped it off like a band-aid. It really, really hurt.

psach44

Postby psach44 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:32 pm

ah man- sorry.

it was set in stone already, though. gotta deal with reality. get cracking for Dec or June.

andrewww

Postby andrewww » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:42 pm

That was my second time taking it. With midterms coming up in December I seriously don't think re-taking at the end of the year is possible. I guess I'll wait for the February. Worst part is I spent $1200+ on a Kaplan course that really didn't help.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”