Retake? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
SoPro

Bronze

Retake?

Post by SoPro » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:23 pm

Sorry if there is a thread for questions like this.

Anyhow, I have a 3.9 GPA and scored a 172 on the October LSAT. My studying was unorganized and lacked focus. After taking the Oct. LSAT, I drilled question types that I was weak at for a couple of weeks, took a PT, and scored a 176. Ultimately, I think I can score higher than a 172.

My question -- is it worth the trouble with my current GPA and score to study and retake? My target schools are UVA and Washington & Lee. I can't afford law school without a scholarship.

noleknight16

Silver

Re: Retake?

Post by noleknight16 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:28 pm

If you want UVA or Washington & Lee, your 176 and 3.9 will more than suffice.

Punch your numbers into lawschoopredictor.com. Youre admitted everywhere except Harvard and Yale (those are strong considers above 65% so you have a good chance there also)

You have no real reason to retake unless you want to say you got a 180. Congrats on having such great numbers. Enjoy law school. Maybe I'll see ya at UVA or Washington and Lee. Those are 2 schools I want to go to.

SoPro

Bronze

Post by SoPro » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:29 pm

noleknight16 wrote:If you want UVA or Washington & Lee, your 176 and 3.9 will more than suffice.

Punch your numbers into lawschoopredictor.com. Youre admitted everywhere except Harvard and Yale (those are strong considers above 65% so you have a good chance there also)

You have no real reason to retake unless you want to say you got a 180. Congrats on having such great numbers. Enjoy law school. Maybe I'll see ya at UVA or Washington and Lee. Those are 2 schools I want to go to.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. The 176 was a PT that I took yesterday. My actual score is a 172.

inflightradio

New

Post by inflightradio » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:30 pm

I would definitely say retake it if you really haven't studied to your maximum potential (or if this was your first test since first test jitters really do throw people off). Any increase in points could grant you a few thousand dollars more in scholarship and it might put you closer to full ride territory in even more schools.

SoPro

Bronze

Post by SoPro » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:43 pm

It was my first testing.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

noleknight16

Silver

Post by noleknight16 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:40 pm

SoPro wrote:
noleknight16 wrote:If you want UVA or Washington & Lee, your 176 and 3.9 will more than suffice.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. The 176 was a PT that I took yesterday. My actual score is a 172.
Ah, I see. Sorry for misreading that. Even with a 172, you're in for sure at UVA and W&L. Retaking may improve scholarship money to UVA, and that would be the only reason to retake since you said you need a scholly. W&L should give you a great scholarship with the current #s you have, possibly even full ride (or close).

Best of luck

tennisking88

Silver

Post by tennisking88 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:41 pm

noleknight16 wrote:
SoPro wrote:

Ah, I see. Sorry for misreading that. Even with a 172, you're in for sure at UVA and W&L. Retaking my improve scholarship money to UVA, and that would be the only reason to retake.

Best of luck
"Even with a 172, you're in for sure at UVA and W&L." This. You are at the 75% for both. You are good to go, sir.

noleknight16

Silver

Post by noleknight16 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:50 pm

I'd like to further add to please apply to UVA ASAP with that 172 if you are out of state. Can only help with $$$ for scholarships

SoPro

Bronze

Post by SoPro » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:52 pm

Thanks for your advice. :mrgreen:

noleknight16

Silver

Post by noleknight16 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:33 pm

SoPro wrote:Thanks for your advice. :mrgreen:
You're welcome! I also suggest looking at Law School Numbers (http://schools.lawschoolnumbers.com/) to see what UVA applicants with your numbers received in scholarship money in previous years. That will give you a good idea.

Best of luck with your apps.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”